Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also, this is the A E S T H E T I C

SONY HD Electronic Viewfinder HDVF-9900

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
That aeon flux looks like a pretty solid 3d render -> whatever style aeon flux is. good lookin composition that clearly isn't from the original 90's source.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/neilwarner_/status/1518166560556437505

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Imagine waiting for a bald politician like by line like BBS titties

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
don't kinkshame

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Alan Smithee posted:

Imagine waiting for a bald politician like by line like BBS titties

i mean it's not like there have been any progressive candidates

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zamujasa posted:

:xd:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

Lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zamujasa posted:

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/apr/25/a-barrage-of-assault-racism-and-jokes-my-nightmare-trip-into-the-metaverse

the worst thing about this is how utterly unsurprising it is

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

quote:

It got to the point that I was really starting to worry how bad it was making our documentary look. I was conscious we needed balance, so I found myself desperately trying to find good things to latch on to. But the bad stuff kept coming so thick and fast. I didn’t prompt any of it, I was just existing in that space.
"I swear to god I tried to both-sides this"

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

It got to the point that I was really starting to worry how bad it was making our documentary look.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A cement factory? Strange

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sovietvisuals/status/1423575502451658753

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a e s t h e t i c

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/happyvalleyset/status/1519322413292560389

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
the most efficient system for allocating resources.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/heathercampbell/status/1519711839138983936

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

How is this cheaper than robot cashiers where you just touch a screen?

or is cruelty the point?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's mechanical turks all the way down

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
as someone who hates freshii and knows who likes freshii, there is a reason freshii is moving forward with this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
freshii strikes me as very much a "yuppie" brand

it's funny that the company behind the virtual cashiers assures us it's being done because of labour shortages, not to suppress wages. you know, because the wages for the work have nothing to do with the ability to attract labour.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
what do the virtual cashiers actually do in this setup

can I take a few minutes video of staring at the camera, loop it, and get 100 jobs being a virtual cashier

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

they create the illusion that the food is not made in a factory and arrives in big plastic bags that are boiled, if you are a complete oblivious shithead

it's churched up airplane food

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i've never used that system, but i would guess that they review feedback from the otherwise automated checkout and respond to any questions or errors. so rather than have one person supervising a half-dozen automated checkouts in person, you have the same thing, but they're in a country with no minimum wage law

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

it's mechanical turks all the way down
Bayraktar checkout

haveblue posted:

can I take a few minutes video of staring at the camera, loop it, and get 100 jobs being a virtual cashier

having been to a Carl's Jr drive thru at 1am and also closing and hearing a woman's voice who was not actually on staff the answer is yes

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Alan Smithee posted:

Bayraktar checkout

:eyepop:

infernal machines posted:

i've never used that system, but i would guess that they review feedback from the otherwise automated checkout and respond to any questions or errors. so rather than have one person supervising a half-dozen automated checkouts in person, you have the same thing, but they're in a country with no minimum wage law

having done repetitive grocery work, taking out the walk-to-task part of the job sounds incredibly depressing

a never ending stream of angry or confused (or both) customers instantly appearing before you in a white room is a worse version of the corporately-automated hell of call centers. at least those were audio-only

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's further dehumanising the work without actually automating it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cyberpunk as gently caress, really

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RF200_NOW/status/1519241700517892096?s=20&t=AD8c4DNssr95FufSEmGTzA

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1519035280870846466?s=20&t=AD8c4DNssr95FufSEmGTzA

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

speaking of outsourcing
https://twitter.com/shakirov2036/status/1519281166347558912

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
adding some new features to jail eh

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

How secure is your IT infrastructure?

Buddy, our programmers are airgapped.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i think using a fuckin outsourced webcam person at an otherwise self checkout line would finally be that line where i'd be too uncomfortable to do it. dehumanizing is right and it's gross

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what about a video waiter AI

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-06-2015/_ON3t0.mp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11BwLs3pHF4

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Alan Smithee posted:

this is somehow worse than Microsoft's racist teen

god that was funny

credit to MS they noped out of that whole thing pretty fast instead of trying to "well actually..." it which is 100% what zuck is gonna do with his 3d virtual paedoverse

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
facebook kinda painted themselves in a corner with that i think. what else do they have? the social network side of things looks like it peaked, and they don't do much else as far as i know. so if the, uh, "3d virtual paedoverse" as you elegantly put it, doesn't pan out, what do they do? so yeah, they're not gonna pull the plug unless they really have no other choice, and hopefully we get at least some hilarity out of this whole shitheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

having educated people work on stuff while stuck in gulags is an old russian tradition