Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it doesn’t function very well at posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Gentle Autist posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

I don't worry a whole lot about the losers and haters who couldn't ride ten miles if they were paid to.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

If you look at the literature and feel like only moving each joint through 1 arcsecond of rotation is an adequate workout for you to stay healthy, ok. I am going to keep working out and doing the stretches that my actual doctor recommended.

strength and conditioning through a wide range of motion are huge preventors of injury, and also help with the healing process, definitely keep doing them lol. but there is a difference between unloaded exercises (i.e. static stretching) and loaded exercises (weights, isometric holds, etc), and we know the former doesn't really elicit a physiological response from our body in a way that prevents or helps with injury

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I ride many hundreds of miles every month during the warm season here and have never had any stress injuries or anything like plantar fasciitis. Love my very well-functioning body.

everyone i know who has had them has been a runner and i think it’s mostly a runner’s problem.

you’ll get your comeuppance in the form of lower back pain or permanently numb hands and taint. you know, a bicycle injury.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

GenJoe posted:

strength and conditioning through a wide range of motion are huge preventors of injury, and also help with the healing process, definitely keep doing them lol. but there is a difference between unloaded exercises (i.e. static stretching) and loaded exercises (weights, isometric holds, etc), and we know the former doesn't really elicit a physiological response from our body in a way that prevents or helps with injury

if you say so :shrug:

I would also argue stretching can prevent injury by making sure you have a clear idea of your limits (range of motion) before you go and try to run a lap around the field high kicking like a rockette and tear a hamstring, etc.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

the losers and haters

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

GenJoe posted:

i have and its painful! but again, there is no clinical evidence that stretching is risk preventative for plantar fasciitis. it's great that stretching helped relieve the pain in your instance, but at the physiological level it's not influencing the healing process, as far as we know

if stretching is fake why do cats do it too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cats are natural motherfuckers do not trust them

mystes
May 31, 2006

I ride many hundreds of miles every month during the warm season here and have never had any stress injuries or anything like plantar fasciitis. Love my very well-functioning body.
Biking is very low impact. That's good because you're probably less likely to get overuse injuries than something like running but it's also potentially bad for things like bone density if it's your only form of exercise.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

nice ableism

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Blinkz0rz posted:

nice ableism

it's true, short people live longer and have fewer long term illnesses and i for one cannot believe tori is lording this over the disadvantaged tall people itt

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

and if they trip it hurts less because the ground is RIGHT THERE

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

everyone i know who has had them has been a runner and i think it’s mostly a runner’s problem.

you’ll get your comeuppance in the form of lower back pain or permanently numb hands and taint. you know, a bicycle injury.

I actually blew both my knees out from running

why I cycle instead now

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's true, short people live longer and have fewer long term illnesses and i for one cannot believe tori is lording this over the disadvantaged tall people itt

My grandfather is a lifelong drunk and fought in two wars as an infantryman and he's still kicking at 93. He's 5'4"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My grandfather is a lifelong drunk and fought in two wars as an infantryman and he's still kicking at 93. He's 5'4"

my grandfather fought in dday and had alcoholism and died of stomach cancer in the 1970s. he was 5'6"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

he was also slovak

Apr 7, 2003

what I'm getting from this is that slovaks are short drunks who are good at shooting people

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk man didn't you try to shoot somebody one time and couldn't make it work?

im glad it worked out that way though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

how hard could it be lol. just like, point it at them and pull the trigger

Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

idk man didn't you try to shoot somebody one time and couldn't make it work?

im glad it worked out that way though

I think I forgot to update the 'pos on that dude

his wife and him fell out or something and she moved a new boyfriend in while he's still living there

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

his wife and him fell out or something and she moved a new boyfriend in while he's still living there
power move

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

such a power move that i do remember you telling us already, will worth repeating though

Apr 7, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

such a power move that i do remember you telling us already, will worth repeating though

well, that's good, it's worth telling twice

when the inevitable murder suicide happens I'll make sure I post about it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hachi machi

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

well, that's good, it's worth telling twice

when the inevitable murder suicide happens I'll make sure I post about it

posting while dead is an interesting trick

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

what is the mental problems backstory that makes him put up with that?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

have you seen rent prices?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr. Nice! posted:

have you seen rent prices?

but tori lives in a poor area (Pittsburgh)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tori’s area has seen rents more than double in the past decade. he posts all the time about nearby insane house prices.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the rear end in a top hat being unable to take any hint and having to be faced with an incontrovertible reality rings plenty true though.

Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I've got no idea and I haven't spoken to the guy in years. I thought the new boyfriend was a friend or family member in need of housing at first until we saw PDAs.

Real estate records are public here and crazy neighbor guy was never listed as an owner on the house when they bought it, should have been a hint for him.

Apr 7, 2003

They're big into WoW and when they first moved in the dining room was converted into a Warcraft gaming den so there's definitely some mental illness going on there

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

They're big into WoW and when they first moved in the dining room was converted into a Warcraft gaming den so there's definitely some mental illness going on there

i was literally going to try and find that post about the husband banging on the walls to tell his wife to quiet down during sex so he could focus on wow or whatever lol

Apr 7, 2003

wasn't that the darwin guy?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

sex

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

wasn't that the darwin guy?

yeah

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

family member in need of housing at first until we saw PDAs.

porque no los dos

Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

porque no los dos

west virginia is that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

The final straw for that guy posting in yospos is when we called his luxury condominium an 'apartment'

I'll never get over how funny that was