Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Wouldn't it be easy to make it okay if it's preceded by a K and followed by a H?

Because people are poo poo very restrictive word filters just auto block even partial sequence matches because people are trash and building exceptions takes more work and introduces loopholes for shitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seltzer posted:

Didn't they remaster MW2 (the original real MW2) multiplayer and never release it? What's happened with that.

I think they just lied about doing that since iirc the campaign remaster doesn't have spec ops either.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
GTA Online won’t let me call my nightclub The Hacienda. No idea why.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

GTA Online won’t let me call my nightclub The Hacienda. No idea why.

Because it should be La Hacienda

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Larry Parrish posted:

Feel like poo poo, just want Tribes Ascend and Titanfall 2 back.

tribes ascend loving ripped. so awesome

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

barnold posted:

tribes ascend loving ripped. so awesome

they're never gonna make an fps that lets you move that fast again in this lifetime and it was even the slow baby verison of tribes 2.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
remembering when you couldn't type Saturday in Gunbound chat because of turd in the middle

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

looking forward to this - Xbox has done a pretty good job of showcasing a diverse range of games the past few years, and it'll be cool to see what they announce for Game Pass.

as far as first-party stuff, I'm hoping to see reveals of Pentiment and Indiana Jones. not expecting Perfect Dark anymore given the recent reports about its development

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm mostly excited for some Starfield talk. Anything more is just a bonus.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'm going to be so disappointed by the eighty hours I put into Starfield

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm going to be so disappointed by the eighty hours I put into Starfield

Insert "I'll keep [playing] that garbage" Trump tweet

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
May Games With Gold

Yoku’s Island Express ($19.99 ERP): Available May 1 to 31
The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk ($19.99 ERP): Available May 16 to June 15
Hydro Thunder Hurricane ($9.99 ERP): Available May 1 to 15
Viva Piñata Party Animals ($9.99 ERP): Available May 16 to 31

Yoku is pretty good. I endorse that.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The Kins posted:

Yoku is pretty good. I endorse that.

OPEN-WORLD PINBALL ADVENTURE

Color me intrigued

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yoku was pretty cute. I could really do with more pinball based games.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I finished Yoku's Island back when it was on Game Pass. It's a pretty fun platformer/metroidvania but (as has already been mentioned) with pinball. :)

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
The thing I like most about big Xbox shows is that a good portion of the stuff they show will be on Game Pass. It really changes how I view things when it works out to "look at all these free* games you'll get to play!" instead of oh wow that looked cool but I guess I'll check out reviews and wait for a sale for a year.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

To be fair, thanks to reward points, it pretty much is free.

It's been 3 years since game pass ultimate came out. I have paid for precisely 3 months in all that time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well well well guess who just wasted money on Stanley Parable because this is so not my jam

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

Well well well guess who just wasted money on Stanley Parable because this is so not my jam

what don't you like about it?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
its one of those walky talk games right? What's wrong with it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cloks posted:

what don't you like about it?

The intended reaction to hitting a terminating point is probably not intended to be a mixture of "finally" and "I don't want to do any of that again". Im just not mentally designed for how the game works underneath, its a complete consumer product disconnect, not a flaw in the game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Stanley Terrible

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

The intended reaction to hitting a terminating point is probably not intended to be a mixture of "finally" and "I don't want to do any of that again". Im just not mentally designed for how the game works underneath, its a complete consumer product disconnect, not a flaw in the game.

yeah, makes sense

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a good walking sim but it's still a walking sim and that means it sucks rear end. I did the same thing on PC lol. One playthrough and then went ok cool now I never touch this poo poo again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is really cool! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wno4t7YqMM4

Gamers Nexus got ahold of a developer kit series X and did a tear down video on it. The real standout feature of this thing is that for some reason it has a tiny LCD on it. I wish the series X had this by default despite how pointless it is. I want it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the best walksim is SOMA with the enemies turned off which i recommend because the stealth gameplay sucks rear end

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

This is really cool! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wno4t7YqMM4

Gamers Nexus got ahold of a developer kit series X and did a tear down video on it. The real standout feature of this thing is that for some reason it has a tiny LCD on it. I wish the series X had this by default despite how pointless it is. I want it.

A useless LCD? That's so passe. The Virtual Boy flash cart has an e-ink screen that shows the cover art for the game it's playing.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Any deals on Gold lately? I am finally having to do a refill.

Lammasu posted:

They are having a Golden Week sale.

Hah, no, sorry, I meant deals on xbox gold live cards.

graventy fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 30, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

graventy posted:

Any deals on Gold lately? I am finally having to do a refill.

They are having a Golden Week sale.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I'm going over all the episodes of the Darknet Diaries podcast and I'm sure that this is old story for a lot of you, but if you didn't hear it, I **highly** recommend the two episodes about XBox Underground:

https://darknetdiaries.com/episode/45/
https://darknetdiaries.com/episode/46/

If you didn't hear the story, I'm not going to spoil it, other than just copying the description:

> This is the story about the XBox hacking scene and how a group of guys pushed their luck a little too far.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
It looks like Forza Horizon 1 has been relisted on the Xbox Store.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/forza-horizon/BS9FSLK6B1RR/0001

This may be a mistake, and it may get pulled from your account if you buy it, but if you want it digitally now may be your chance.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I think i’ve mentioned it before but the fire ritual(?) stage in Tetris Effect kicks rear end

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I think i’ve mentioned it before but the fire ritual(?) stage in Tetris Effect kicks rear end

Tetris effect kicks rear end

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Tetris effect kicks rear end

As much as i love that it is free on gamepass its one of the games im willing to buy when i (eventually) set up my psvr.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

otter posted:

As much as i love that it is free on gamepass its one of the games im willing to buy when i (eventually) set up my psvr.

I bought it on ps + the standalone quest version. I really love it and the music + audio and all of that is such a great experience

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

The one where the background is a bunch of people sitting in a circle and chanting frantically? It’s epic, but man that stage is almost panic-inducing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/rudeism/status/1520580654827589633?t=faof0DV8gIrEeRBPhzFvVw&s=19

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Millions of years of primate evolution lead to this point.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twistedvoxel.com/ubisoft-netherlands-ubisoft-plus-xbox-game-pass/

"Ubisoft Netherlands Says Ubisoft Plus Will Arrive On Xbox Game Pass Soon"

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a theoretical limit to the amount of value allowed by Game Pass and including Ubisoft games takes up a big chunk of the remaining space while not offering me a single game I want to play.

I'll pass.