Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
highly appropriate posting style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

another solid contribution

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

another solid contribution

only if it came with a something extra

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont watch family guy or w/e so idgi but shine on

loving millennials don't know the classics. that's obviously beavis and butthead

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it’s rocko’s modern life

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
this joke isn't funny, can we just acknowledge that it's mission hill and move on?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

no I think you’re right except it’s US Acres

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
roko’s modern basilisk

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

after two days of paxlovid, i'm down to a very occasional cough and that's it. even the side effects of the meds have seemed to have subsided at this point. good poo poo. gonna take a rapid test tomorrow to see how things show up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckin love drugs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

after two days of paxlovid, i'm down to a very occasional cough and that's it. even the side effects of the meds have seemed to have subsided at this point. good poo poo. gonna take a rapid test tomorrow to see how things show up

glad you're doing better!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

pseudorandom name posted:

wearing masks sucks after you’ve saturated it with your breath moisture but I can understand why a WFH computer touched would have absolutely no understanding of this

yeah i wound up going back to the n95 because i got sick of dealing with puddles of condensation in the half-mask

KoRMaK posted:

fat out of shape glasses wearing goon here to say: yes

the straps also kill my loving ears. gonna wear the mask but drat it sucks and im glad i get to avoid it most the time by staying home

this is also why i switched from kn95 to n95, the straps going fully around the head are so much more comfortable than ear loop straps.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

this is also why i switched from kn95 to n95, the straps going fully around the head are so much more comfortable than ear loop straps.

Seconded. The only problem is remembering to take my glasses off before removing the mask because I tend to get them tangled and catapult my frames off my head sometimes.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i switched to contacts literally because of the glasses fogginess. no regrets

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lady Radia posted:

i switched to contacts literally because of the glasses fogginess. no regrets

I bet you did.

Apr 7, 2003

I switched from KN95 to N95 because N95s got cheap as gently caress because no one was wearing them

thanks moron America

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I switched from KN95 to N95 because N95s got cheap as gently caress because no one was wearing them

thanks moron America

same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what I don’t quite get about this mask debate is that kn95 and n95 are standards of chinese and american face masks respectively

eg :

those are n95s and they’re excellent masks but there more full on than what most people think of as an n95

neither n95 nor kn95 define a design but a standard, but I suppose if all your n95s are like this and the kn95s are like that then you’re communicating effectively

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

yeah i wound up going back to the n95 because i got sick of dealing with puddles of condensation in the half-mask

yeah the half-mask is rough after the first hour.

yeah n95s are way the gently caress more comfortable.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 2, 2022

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in short what the heck do your n95s look like and what do the kn95s look like

Apr 7, 2003

Don't put silica packets in your loving masks, huffing silica dust will kill you

Apr 7, 2003

If you have a hard time with condensation go with kn95s and use a round-the-head strap saver, it'll pull it onto your face as tightly as a N95 but you won't get condensation

I've been doing this for two years now and I haven't caught covid

don't sniff silica dust gently caress's sake

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think they’re talking about the silica beads that come inside sneakers and poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think they’re talking about the silica beads that come inside sneakers and poo poo

yeah, don't inhale any of that poo poo, don't put it in a situation where you can huff any of it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

for the most part, though, niosh approved n95 respirators exclusively use head straps vs ear loops (there are a couple of notable exceptions but they have additional fastening to make up for it), and the kn95s we get have ear loops

head straps are basically always better in terms of fit, seal, and fogging

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Smoke the silica instead.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the silica packets work better if you crush them up into a fine powder and just sprinkle it inside the mask

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Don't put silica packets in your loving masks, huffing silica dust will kill you
good point won't offer that advice again

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

whenever i feel so moved as to wear my p100 half mask i don't usually half to do it for more than 60 mins, but, uh, deffo clean your masks with a alcohol/water solution weekly.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

fart simpson posted:

the silica packets work better if you crush them up into a fine powder and just sprinkle it inside the mask

also, you should eat them

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
and for extra measure, sprinkle some diatomaceous earth into your open eyeballs.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

If you have a hard time with condensation go with kn95s and use a round-the-head strap saver, it'll pull it onto your face as tightly as a N95 but you won't get condensation

I've been doing this for two years now and I haven't caught covid

don't sniff silica dust gently caress's sake

i'm fine with N95s i just bounced off of the elastomeric

sorry, i didn't make the elastomeric part clear last time

echinopsis posted:

these are the KN95s I was using
https://bonafidemasks.com/Black-Powecom-KN95-Face-Mask

and these are the N95s I'm currently using
https://bonafidemasks.com/harley-n95-l-188-respirator-face-mask/

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

and for extra measure, sprinkle some diatomaceous earth into your open eyeballs.

does that get rid of the bugs

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

fart simpson posted:

does that get rid of the bugs

in your code? nothing can do that!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
lmao at people recommending you get silicosis itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no people are recommending you try to avoid silicosis despite choosing to leave silica in your masks