Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH had the worst and third worst Sumo Hall shows this year across all promotions over the last couple of days, so clearly something needs to be fixed before the death spiral becomes inescapable and they end up in the All Japan position of an indie promotion that once had glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/PepsWrestling/status/1520352032368037888

Look how long he held that pin, geez. Would have gotten like a 12 count if they did the Shingo/Taichi match.

I only have hate and laughs in my heart. At any given moment one can overtake the other

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Uncle Jun looking like the smartest man of his generation

edit: Maybe Suzuki is smarter

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Trans-Am Hiroshi, Antonio Honda and others have a band called Musical RoboCop

https://twitter.com/T_A_HIROSHI/status/1520406384944488448

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Uncle Jun looking like the smartest man of his generation

edit: Maybe Suzuki is smarter

Realistically the smartest guy of their generation is some dude we don't know who took one bump in the dojo and said gently caress this I'm becoming a salaryman

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Rongai gonna buy Mutoh some robot legs.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You know I kept wondering how New Japan would of ruined Tanahashi if Inoki stayed in power but the real What If is what if Tanahashi went with Mutoh to All Japan and now I imagine Tana getting the Sanada treatment

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Looking forward to NOAH's next ploy to draw a big crowd. Say it with me guys, GHC Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Stall_19 posted:

Looking forward to NOAH's next ploy to draw a big crowd. Say it with me guys, GHC Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam.

You put this evil out into the world. Why

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Stall_19 posted:

He'd just end up throwing it down in favor of the ECW TV title in his closet or something.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i hope at least a few people are confused why this old gaijin is doing toru yano's shtick

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted this in the NOAH thread but it bears posting here

"Vow Pateron' posted:

There is heat between Katsuhiko Nakajima and Hideki Suzuki. Nakajima was very unhappy with Suzuki holding on to his pin after the finish of the GHC tag title match on April 30. as reported here last week, Suzuki refused to do a job to Nakajima in Korakuen Hall on April 8, with the finish being changed to a time limit draw. This all comes on the heels of Fujita's GHC title win over Nakajima that saw, as reported here at the time, Fujita go into business for himself, picking up Nakajima before the three count of the planned finish to deliver a second powerbomb. Nakajima also suffered a ruptured eardrum in that match.

There is a growing belief among the NOAH roster, particularly Kongo members, that the office has lost faith in the younger wrestlers, with the addition of Kojima and his instant elevation into the main event mix adding to the frustration, on the heels of the previous wave of older stars being brought in like Masakatsu Funaki and Suzuki. With borders opening up, the office is adding big name foreigners that they see as "real stars". Michael Elgin returned at Majestic and beat Masa Kitamiya, and Rob Van Dam is on his way in as well.

Things are fine at NOAH...FINE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kongoh could do a lot of good in a lot of places. Wonder if their contracts are up at the same time so they can shop themselves around as a group, do the Stronghearts/Prominence thing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know loyalty isn't quite the same in Puro as it was in the 80's/90's/00's but I think Nakajima probably would have an easier time jumping than other in NOAH as he didn't start there

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The problem is, where are they going? New Japan doesn't have spots, All Japan doesn't have the money, DDT doesn't make much sense since it's part of the Cyberfight family, and presumably working in the US is off the table. Short of doing the indie sleaze grind, they're basically stuck.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I wonder if DDT might actually make sense. They could just approach Takagi as a unit and talk about the possibility of switching promotions, under the idea that their unit is a better fit for DDT. If Takagi understands that they as a group are unhappy with their booking, he'd be more likely to want to keep them than risk losing them.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

None of Kongoh came through the NOAH dojo, so I wouldn't think they'd have a ton of loyalty to the promotion like someone like Kaito or Go would

My best guess for them to land would be GLEAT unless there is legitimate heat with their parent company LIDET from when they owned NOAH, or if that was just in storyline. Although Takagi is the president of NOAH as well as DDT, i've not heard anything about him being involved in their booking, they're treated as completely different promotions with different philosophies rather than brands under CyberFight

e: gently caress it, just switch Kongoh for Pheromones and I will happily make turn NOAH off and never see Go and Kaito again

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I see no one mentioned All Japan. It’d be a shot in the arm for the promotion if the booking is good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All Japan doesn't have the money though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

All Japan doesn't have the money though

All Japan might have more money than you'd expect? God, my memory is poo poo (see me totally making up that you can cheer at baseball & soccer games in Japan but not wrestling) but my vague recollection is that...the owner or one of the owners, whatever, is involved with some B movie studio that had a surprise hit and they were suddenly in a much more comfortable position financially. So it might be approaching feasible? And if you're short a few Bob just create a new singles title for Carbell Ito to pay to get to hold.

I honestly think the bigger problem would be that Nakajima is meant to have been a pure dickhead to Miyahara at the Sasaki Dojo and there's still real heat there. So maybe Kenoh in AJPW is feasible but doubt both of them. It'd not necessarily be a natural fit but I'd kind of like to see Nakajima in Dragongate, that would be fascinating.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Benne posted:

The problem is, where are they going? New Japan doesn't have spots, All Japan doesn't have the money, DDT doesn't make much sense since it's part of the Cyberfight family, and presumably working in the US is off the table. Short of doing the indie sleaze grind, they're basically stuck.

I would love to see Nakajima in the Dragon system

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SG Bamboo posted:

My best guess for them to land would be GLEAT
Yeah, I was thinking that too. GLEAT is somewhat equally pushing veterans and young talent, and pulling in freelancers from just about everywhere. Dragongate is sort of laser-focused on building young talent post-OWE split. Other than some lucha guys, I think the last time DG brought in someone from another promotion who had been around a while was KAI. Though they did make him champion, so maybe?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

TV Zombie posted:

I see no one mentioned All Japan. It’d be a shot in the arm for the promotion if the booking is good.

it's basically the TAJIRI/Suwama/Ishikawa show there

That's the promotion Yusuke Okada left because he reportedly got buried after speaking up about the vanity booking

Anyway, no promotion is perfect, so be like me and just a watch a little bit of everything! Honestly though I think Dragongate has the best booking (with a few caveats), at the very least the swerves are legit surprising and fun, and they make the most out of factions in puro as they're continuously in flux.

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 2, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Prominence match in DDT will be done in drag on the male side
https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1520977680149417985

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The follow-up :lol:

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1520978094345297920

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hooray, more English GanPro shows

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1521059948175966208

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
After Saturdays NOAH show now Ryogoku Kokugikan held 8 pro wrestling events in 2022. So took a look at how much people companys was able to draw in same venue weeks apart.

NJPW Hyper Battle 2022 - Day 5 (April 9th)
Main event:IWGP World Heavyweight Title Match
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Attendance:4.755

ZERO1 Osu Premium Show ZERO1 20th & 21st Anniversary Pro Wrestling (April 10th)
Main event:ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title Match
Takashi Sugiura (c) vs. Shinjiro Otani
Attendance:3.520

Stardom World Climax - Day 2: The Top (March 27th)
Main event:World Of Stardom Title Match Syuri (c) vs. Mayu Iwatani
Attendance:3.085

Stardom World Climax - Day 1: The Best (March 26th)
Main event:World Of Stardom Title Match
Syuri (c) vs. Giulia
Attendance: 2.712

DDT Judgement 2022 - DDT 25th Anniversary Show (March 20th)
Main event:KO-D Openweight Title Match
Konosuke Takeshita (c) vs. Tetsuya Endo
Attendance:2.516

NOAH Majestic 2022 (April 30th)
Main event:GHC Heavyweight Title Match
Go Shiozaki vs. Kaito Kiyomiya
Attendance:2.077

TJPW Grand Princess '22 (March 19th) -
Main event
Princess Of Princess Title Match
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs. Shoko Nakajima
Attendance 1.714

NOAH Majestic 2022 - N Innovation (April 29th)
event:GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Eita (c) vs. HAYATA
Attendance:1.585

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

lol Onryo coming out at GanPro wearing a $2 halloween mask to cap off his costume. And also at Tyson Maeguchi representing the Ibushi Institute of Wrestling Research

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
A fine layer of dust on your body is a great way to help sell blows

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Oh i forgot that Otani got on the english commentary last time :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Akki burying the concept of body slams, they look like poo poo and suck to take

e: Ah yes, the forgotten Okada

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 3, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Asuka/Veny time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yuna Manase's music is so cool

e: First as Las Fresas, then singles, now as VenYu. Asuka seems to love battering YuuRI

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 3, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol a team of all DDT signed guys wrestling under the ChocoPro name

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm not exactly sure what Soma Takao's gimmick is now. He used to be the edgelord poet that smoked behind the school when he was in Damnation, and now he wears Shota-inspired gear while otherwise not changing his presentation

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
smh if he doesn't use the ChocoPro hand puppet gon

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I wonder if CyberFight gets a discount for booking Korakuen the entire day and running two shows there, there's no way GanPro can make a profit with how few people come to their shows

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I wonder if CyberFight gets a discount for booking Korakuen the entire day and running two shows there, there's no way GanPro can make a profit with how few people come to their shows

I think so, usually it's TJPW as a matinée and then DDT at a more reasonable time for expensive venues.

But DDT just had a big show, so Gan Pro gets a chance to acquire a bigger audience

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chris flipping out of the double stomp is ridiculous, I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol Gan Pro going bilingual for those Chocobux