Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DarklyDreaming posted:

Hey was that NoHo Hank riding shotgun?

No, just looked like someone else with no hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jimmy learns that he can be successful or respected. We know what he ends up going with.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Spooge!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Cucumber water for paying customer only

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

More of Gus's top men were trailing Kim, I guess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mercury Hat posted:

More of Gus's top men were trailing Kim, I guess.

Also I guess this mean's Gus has his own men watching his house.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
Gus got that thang on him

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

love gus changing into his only-slightly-less-formal hanging out at home clothes

edit: holy poo poo what lol

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

eke out posted:

edit: holy poo poo what lol

That was his decoy house

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
It was kind of nice having a pretty “normal” episode where nothing crazy happens.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow Spooge's life took a dive in four years huh

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kim finally met Mike :allears:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
edit: Nope.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 3, 2022

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Francesca!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

oh poo poo was that a shot of Walt in the preview?

Are the previews a cable-only thing? They don't seem to even show them on AMC+. I always have to go to YouTube to find them.

Anyway, here's the one for 6x05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-o0icYhk4

Where was the supposed Walt?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I'm not sure running a multi-million dollar drug empire would be worth it if I had to wear dorky yellow button downs like half the time as part of my cover.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The guy that looked like Walt might be Gus' doctor friend

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

I'm not sure running a multi-million dollar drug empire would be worth it if I had to wear dorky yellow button downs like half the time as part of my cover.

Gus seems utterly miserable in both series.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Last Chance posted:

The guy that looked like Walt might be Gus' doctor friend

Yeah I had to go back and watch the preview. It was a real quick shot and my eyes deceived me.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

I can't believe Gus changed numbers on his house to two years before the Magna Carta to throw Lalo off his trail and/or enrage the ghost of Chuck.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
This guy?

Looks like a new character to me.

Edit: Added spoiler tags for preview discussion

Luff fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 3, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wanna know more about the neighbour couple that's in with Gus.

poo poo, dude plays the longest game.

I remember thinking holy poo poo when his doctor already had his blood type for him, Jesse, and Mike ready to go.

That's baby poo poo compared to this setup.

Also, Howard's defense of not actually being the one in the car would be easily verified by his therapist.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 3, 2022

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I thought that might be Gale. I think he and Gus met up a couple seasons ago right?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wanna know more about the neighbour couple that's in with Gus.

poo poo, dude plays the longest game.

I remember thinking holy poo poo when his doctor already had his blood type for him, Jesse, and Mike ready to go.

That's baby poo poo compared to this setup.

Also, Howard's defense of not actually being the one in the car would be easily verified by his therapist.

And none of those people are around by the time BB starts... his setup kinda mirrors Lalo's... maybe Lalo does some tit for tat revenge!

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

That was a good episode, feels a bit like the calm before the storm and still no Lalo, but all I can think about is

DarklyDreaming posted:

Hey was that NoHo Hank riding shotgun?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/rheaseehorn/status/1521260348333977600?s=20&t=wCtqeABa6gxFiX3QgW5_tg
pretty cool!

e :to add to this I thought it was a great episode and the direction was a big part of it

robot roll call fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 3, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat she rules

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Still digesting this episode, but some words of wisdom from Jessie, that Kim surely knows: "Nobody ever gets shot at Taco Cabeza!"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So where the hell is Lalo, anyway? He hasn't made an appearance since the first episode of the season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was kind of hoping for that cut to the next scene being Lalo doing something. Tony Dalton was in the opening credits, so I was hoping we'd see him.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Looks like Giancarlo is directing an upcoming episode as well. 3 more episodes until the break.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jimmy being the shunned kid at school only to realize he has new friends now :3:

I mean, they're dirtbag scum of the earth new friends.... but still!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DaveWoo posted:

So where the hell is Lalo, anyway? He hasn't made an appearance since the first episode of the season.
This season has been kind of odd

Lalo disappearing for most of it was not something I would have guessed would happen

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Lastdancer posted:

And none of those people are around by the time BB starts... his setup kinda mirrors Lalo's... maybe Lalo does some tit for tat revenge!

There's no reason to think Gus doesn't have his chill neighbors and extra large escape tunnel setup, and his same crew, during Breaking Bad, at least none that I can think of. I also didn't think at all that Gus might be having Saul and Kim followed around, so good job by the show for surprising me there. I like that Mike mentions that he's disappointed that his guys got spotted and then we don't see even the lightest whiff of whoever Mike has tailing Saul and Kim after that point.

I admit that I'm now curious just how often Gus might've been walking around with a small bulletproof vest and an ankle gun during Breaking Bad. If he was doing this out of fear when Lalo survived the hit and might be coming for him, I wonder just how ragged he was running everyone when the cartel was doing stuff like openly attacking his trucks and going after Mr. Chow. No wonder he had a constant quota to meet: he's racking up tons of expenses with all the guys he has, and he ate a ton of setup costs getting the Superlab going.

I thought Rhea did a fantastic job of directing, with lots of classic Breaking Bad signature shots in the mix. I always appreciate a faked "this is all one long take" shot too, even when it's particularly obvious where there are cuts. The MTG Tutorial Witch still has a lot of magic in her :witch:!

That was a very fine script too. I loved the heavy handed "Lalo Salamanca is alive" refrain from Gus. Then the scene ends and we see a car driving up and we don't see the driver for a second, and a lifetime of watching any T.V. show tells us that now we're cutting over to see what Lalo's up to, but nope here's Kim instead! It was great to see the show tease us and play against expectations like that.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Looks like Giancarlo is directing an upcoming episode as well. 3 more episodes until the break.

I'm looking forward to that! Let as much of the cast direct as you can at this point, this whole final season is basically a really fun victory lap to an already excellent show. I know Cranston very much had an open invitation to direct BCS but I don't think his scheduling/availability ever worked out, so maybe they got him to direct whatever episode features Walt and Jesse.

Based on what we've seen so far, I think the final season is going to be a lock for being the best season of BCS, and probably surpass BB in that way. I know I liked the last season of BB a lot, and obviously Ozymandias and the series finale alone give it a huge advantage when rating/comparing BB seasons, but I know season 3 has some insane rotten tomatoes numbers and I think season 4 does a hell of a job of providing a complete and very satisfying story arc.

To put it another way, I think it's easy to argue that seasons 1 and 2 of BB are good and seasons 3-5 are great, whereas I feel like there's every chance that there will be a general consensus that season 1 of BCS is good, seasons 2-5 are great, and season 6 is extraordinary.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 3, 2022

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the longer we go without seeing lalo the more i think he's gonna survive

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m warming up to the theory that the last 6 episodes are all post-BB

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

I personally doubt it. It would be a pretty unnatural swerve to devote like 5 hours to that plotline when it's gotten like 20 minutes in the past 6-7 years.

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!
Did they know the season was going to be split when they filmed it? There might not be any big before/after thing if that's the case. And especially with the break only being six weeks they may not have felt a need to have any type of conclusion in episode 7 if it's just going to be back on before long.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

NowonSA posted:

That was a very fine script too. I loved the heavy handed "Lalo Salamanca is alive" refrain from Gus. Then the scene ends and we see a car driving up and we don't see the driver for a second, and a lifetime of watching any T.V. show tells us that now we're cutting over to see what Lalo's up to, but nope here's Kim instead! It was great to see the show tease us and play against expectations like that.

I was already smiling in response to Lalo smiling, and they just yanked the rug out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't think they'll go quite that far, but I do think it'd make sense for there to be a notable demarcation point between the two parts. There could be an insane plot development at the end of part 1, or it could be that the last 6 episodes are all set during or after BB.

I feel like the BB era stuff we'll see will tie in to Saul's history with Mike. I could see him asking Walt where Mike's remains are, and then getting a really sad bit of Saul visiting wherever Walt had Mike's remains poured. In classic BB tradition, I'd also love to find out that Saul worked an insane scheme to get Mike's granddaughter at least some of the money Mike had confiscated by the DEA and the letter Mike wrote her.