Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pretty sure everything about this picture is a bald faced lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

drrockso20 posted:

Pretty sure everything about this picture is a bald faced lie

Incorrect, eating tilapia is worse than eating bacon or a hamburger.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Elviscat posted:

I hate the phrase "mayo injection for cheese corn balls" is my favorite alt-country Death Cab For Cutie cover band

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ror posted:

All food is evolving into small pastries. The future is just crabs eating croissants.
Where does the chickencheese fall in this eventual ecosystem?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

Where does the chickencheese fall in this eventual ecosystem?

They're chicken cheese egg croissant sandwiches

This is what came first, neither chicken nor egg. Both.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

From the r/relationships thread, one of the most deeply upsetting things I've seen in a while:

Tarkus posted:

If you want the definitely wrong way of cooking rice, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-rj3gVOAnM

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

hallo spacedog posted:

From the r/relationships thread, one of the most deeply upsetting things I've seen in a while:

Kay is a national treasure :britain:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Jesus christ

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Empty Sandwich posted:

fish farm

just sounds nasty

fish farm

pretty much is
uughghghhhhhh

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

hallo spacedog posted:

Gotta have the Uncle Roger reaction video along with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qDyv-urblY

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

"Knife skills" are generally overrated for home chefs, just go slow and steady, but jesus christ watching her chop that garlic is making me absolutely furious.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ror posted:

"Knife skills" are generally overrated for home chefs, just go slow and steady, but jesus christ watching her chop that garlic is making me absolutely furious.

Yeah, I couldn't make it past that part.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Ror posted:

"To everyone telling me to crush it with the back of my knife, stop telling me that! I like doing it this way."
*proceeds to laboriously over the course of five minutes only manage to reduce 4 garlic cloves to big uneven chunks using a child's paring knife*

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

If you are farming a fish
Him name is tilapia white fish

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

hallo spacedog posted:

"To everyone telling me to crush it with the back of my knife, stop telling me that! I like doing it this way."
*proceeds to laboriously over the course of five minutes only manage to reduce 4 garlic cloves to big uneven chunks using a child's paring knife*

As a genuine question, don't most people just use like... a garlic crusher? Is that not a normal kitchen implement? Or is that somehow crushing it "wrong"?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

hallo spacedog posted:

a child's paring knife*
I used to have one of those knives, they're sharp, so much so that I accidentally pierced my radial artery taking it out of the packaging

She's just poo poo

PurpleXVI posted:

As a genuine question, don't most people just use like... a garlic crusher? Is that not a normal kitchen implement? Or is that somehow crushing it "wrong"?
More hassle to clean than it is to just crush the garlic with a knife :colbert:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Borrovan posted:

I used to have one of those knives, they're sharp, so much so that I accidentally pierced my radial artery taking it out of the packaging

She's just poo poo

Thanks for the correction, it looks like those non-sharp babies first knives they sell here so I had no idea.

Also seconding that, I have a garlic chopper thing but I hate cleaning it so I end up never using it and just using the knife.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Those coloured knifes are lethal, I picked one up in a shop once thinking it was, like a dummy plastic one for the display.

Turns it no it's actually extremely sharp and I gashed my hand open with it. Definitely an extremely good idea to make a murder weapon that looks like a child's toy. Hit me up for my new video where I put a glock inside a nerf gun.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

PurpleXVI posted:

It's a different prep. You quickly crush the garlic by slamming it down with the flat side of a knife (or your palm if you're a badass) to both make it easier to peel and avoid it from slip sliding all over the place as you're trying to dice or mince.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

RuBisCO posted:

It's a different prep. You quickly crush the garlic by slamming it down with the flat side of a knife (or your palm if you're a badass) to both make it easier to peel and avoid it from slip sliding all over the place as you're trying to dice or mince.

I find that 90% of the time when a recipe calls for minced garlic, crushing it with the flat of the knife is just as effective. You break up much of the structure of the clove, so it breaks down further when it's cooking. Especially if i'm sauteeing the garlic with onions or another allium, I just snip the woody root end off, give it a little smash to peel it, then another smash and it's good to go.

Crushing garlic also releases more of the goodness than mincing it does, and it's one less thing to clean.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Cambodia has apparently become known for weed pizza, which sounds terrible to me

here's are some ostensible photos of this dish:

pg 420 every day

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

looks like spinach, not like any weed i've seen before

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
yeah, most of the pics look like some kind of cruciferous veg. there were a couple that kind of looked like they had shake on them and then some that looked like deep-dish.

it's a real phenomenon but none of the pics look like weed, so I don't know.

wait, I looked it up: they infuse some of the ingredients.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i mean oven roasted marijuana would taste awful so yeah that makes more sense

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Iirc you need to process the weed into butter or oil or something, just eating marijuana flower won't do anything at all to you.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yah it has to be decarboxylated

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Empty Sandwich posted:

Cambodia has apparently become known for weed pizza, which sounds terrible to me

here's are some ostensible photos of this dish:

pg 420 every day

There's a vice article where the author ate a whole vegetarian pizza, Extra Happy, and got stoned out of his loving mind. I was just assuming that they were using parts of the plant that don't have a lot of THC content. I guess there's all kinds of Happy restaurants where they serve edibles but just call them Happy food.

I would link the article but the whole thing is "I ate a whole pizza edible meant for 2 or 3 people, wandered the town I was in grinning the whole time, went back to the place to figure out if that was weed pizza, they suddenly stopped speaking English well and advised me to try a Happy Milkshake. Suspicions confirmed, back to watching the river, sipping a happy milkshake, and petting dogs"

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Borrovan posted:

I just pop mine into the dishwasher. :v:

And maybe it's just because I'm a klutz, but I always worry about slicing my idiot loving hands open when crushing garlic with a knife. So garlic crusher it is.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You just gotta be sure you're slamming away from the tang, towards the blade. But thoughts like that definitely scream in my mind every time.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

boar guy posted:

yah it has to be decarboxylated

you kids and your stoner slang

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

I use a sledgehammer, while I scream. It seems to work.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

For most things!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I've yet to have a problem that couldn't be solved by doing that.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

It's really the only tool you need, cause when you have a sledgehammer all your problems suddenly have a sledgesolution.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

It's not the worst thing there (the RAW POTAT is) but it's so easy to make a boneless skinless chicken breast (if that's what you've got) juicy and tasty

Just do literally anything

The potatoes don't look raw, just boiled with skin on.

Also, I'm a klutz too but crushing garlic with knife has never seemed dangerous. You don't have to slam it, just put the (wide) knife on top of the garlic, blade facing away from yourself and press slowly and evenly down with your palm. Bingo bango, crushed garlic.

Doll House Ghost has a new favorite as of 19:05 on May 3, 2022

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Why not use a spatula?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Doll House Ghost posted:

Also, I'm a klutz too but crushing garlic with knife has never seemed dangerous. You don't have to slam it, just put the (wide) knife on top of the garlic, blade facing away from yourself and press slowly and evenly down with your palm. Bingo bango, crushed garlic.

I mean sure, if you don't like to take risks in the kitchen. Experiment a little, try new things! Who's to say a little blood isn't the savory ingredient your dish has been looking for?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Posting on the weed page

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

Why not use a spatula?

My knife is already in use

Adbot