Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The new OTTSS was great, there was nothing at stake but great sex and octopus friendship yet they still managed to gently caress it up and flee screaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New Rude Tales just went up. Not seeing it on the Apple podcast feed:
https://mobile.twitter.com/of_rude/status/1511020300078563330

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Holy poo poo, Taylor absolutely earning his keep in this episode

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's the best episode of Oh These, Those to try and hook new listeners?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Who What Now posted:

What's the best episode of Oh These, Those to try and hook new listeners?

The Contest really got me good.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
clives

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Listening to the new ep and just utterly enchanted by how much fun Branson is having with this character

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
The Prolapse voice just kills me everytime

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Happy Landfill posted:

Indeed, between Rude Tales and Oh These Those, Christopher Hastings has so many amazing voices

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This episode is so good it makes me want to run at dizzying speed

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
If I wasn't such a Covid weenie I'd be very tempted to go to Brooklyn to hear Tim's jokes about Vatican II.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Happy Landfill posted:

I think Chris confirmed that Prolapse is literally Meatwad.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

koshmar posted:

God, that makes so much sense

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

koshmar posted:

Pretty sure that was Branson, he said the Goblin voice he does is him impersonating Meatwad

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

DoombatINC posted:

The new OTTSS was great, there was nothing at stake but great sex and octopus friendship yet they still managed to gently caress it up and flee screaming

I listened to it again today, because I couldn't get Ali's sing-songy "De-re-mith, the mage of good for-tune!" out of my head

"De-re-mith, mis-read the sit-ua-tion!"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Taylor was interviewed for 2 hours on "my first dungeon" if you wanna hear him get realllll nitty gritty about podcast production

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i started listening to fun city just to get more taylor, dude is fuckin hysterical

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There’s a new episode, haven’t listened yet. They had to repost the Wartotle Spone episode, so the new one might get obscured by that.

Edit: Holy poo poo, that one was a doozy.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 25, 2022

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
A tense episode made more terribly wonderful by an amazing soundtrack. I felt like I was listening to a podcast with the Ape Out music generation.

And we got a ringtone!!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

taylor is very good at what he does

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I will never listen to Barbara Ann ever again without busting out laughing. Prolapse is a treasure

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I will never get tired of the steel drum fx around Bellow's warlock powers.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Ali going "Der-e-MITH, the Mage of Good For-TUNE" just floated through my head unbidden

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I sometimes think about “Werrimeather, Werrimeather, three names said.” wherein the name is only said twice. All fun, though. Alli coming out singing was a surprise, so Chris improvised that.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Ali going "Der-e-MITH, the Mage of Good For-TUNE" just floated through my head unbidden

God drat it, it only just recently left my brain :argh:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Dr Christmas posted:

I sometimes think about “Werrimeather, Werrimeather, three names said.” wherein the name is only said twice. All fun, though. Alli coming out singing was a surprise, so Chris improvised that.

Oh yeah Chris just seamlessly doubling down on everything was perfect. What a fantastic episode all round.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

for some reason Ali's song morphed in my head until it matched the cadence of the digimon theme, but relistening to it, I can see that that is not the case

But yeah it's such a treat when Ali just Goes For It like that and plays a completely off the wall character, Deli was incredible and I admire the hell out of her choice to make "pursuit of shiny things" the character's driving motivation regardless of any consequences

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 28, 2022

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Happy Landfill posted:

I will never listen to Barbara Ann ever again without busting out laughing. Prolapse is a treasure

I wish Prolapse got my spotlight time but right now the story is not conducive to giving a dipshit goblin a leading role :(

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I kind of feel like Prolapse has the perfect amount of time? Like, I wouldn't mind a little more of him, but I'm not sure if he would necessarily carry a whole episode on his own? But who knows! Maybe! I'd be happy to be wrong!

He just makes me laugh so much and he's so happy to be included with the gang :unsmith:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 29, 2022

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Happy Landfill posted:

I kind of feel like Prolapse has the perfect amount of time? Like, I wouldn't mind a little more of him, but I'm not sure if he would necessarily carry a whole episode on his own? But who knows! Maybe! I'd be happy to be wrong!

He just makes me laugh so much and he's so happy to be included with the gang :unsmith:

I agree, but I also think that Chris is probably capable of pulling it off

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

They talk about this in the latest Rude Talks, how Prolapse could easily have been a Poochie / Cousin Oliver given how he seems to click with just about the entire party. However that's a great punchline to the fact that Frederick has never come close to that level of rapport with any of the party, and Chris plays both sides of that so well.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Party Boat posted:

They talk about this in the latest Rude Talks, how Prolapse could easily have been a Poochie / Cousin Oliver given how he seems to click with just about the entire party. However that's a great punchline to the fact that Frederick has never come close to that level of rapport with any of the party, and Chris plays both sides of that so well.

Yeah, Prolapse really makes an effort to be nice to people in a way Frederick never does.

Like, Prolapse is "rude" as in "nasty" because he's a dirty little goblin who likes to fart and roll around in mud and stuff, but he's still very helpful and supportive to his teammates. Meanwhile, Fredrick is "rude" as in "disdainful and mean" which is honestly a much harder thing to deal with.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I agree, but I also think that Chris is probably capable of pulling it off

Oh, absolutely

Party Boat posted:

Absolutely this. Frederick is great because everyone just kind of begrudgingly likes him because A) He's part of the group and in the same boat as everyone else; and B) When poo poo goes down he does have everyone's backs (like when he defended Albee in Mountaintop for example)...he just kind of sucks to be around

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Entropic posted:

I will never get tired of the steel drum fx around Bellow's warlock powers.

the soundtrack from the previous episode played in my head for days (to the point where I was listening to that steel drum cover while walking the dog).

the sound design in this show is so amazing

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/seanmaciel/status/1521133042806444032?s=20&t=JoNUGH9nNLj63J-qic1eqw
https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1521217136760262656?s=20&t=ISozILN9fDMDT-2EOibNnA

:hmmyes:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Branson has never been wrong

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Saying Rude Tales is railroaded is wild. If there's anything I've learned from the live shows it's that the cast loves making massive unexpected swerves that force Branson to improv some nonsense on the spot.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://twitter.com/Stobert/status/1521219817151381506

:hai: the Museum of Threes is not the product of a show with a tight grip on its narrative nor a DM that is capable of mistakes

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I was thinking "tight grip on sanity", but that works too. Branson is a cartoonist after all, the most depraved of all artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

deadpan posted:

Saying Rude Tales is railroaded is wild. If there's anything I've learned from the live shows it's that the cast loves making massive unexpected swerves that force Branson to improv some nonsense on the spot.

And according to him Branson loves when that happens too. In the behind the scene chats he'll often bring up how he had an entire scenario written up for an area that the cast just decided not to go to or big plans for an NPC the cast either ignored or killed and how that happening forced him to have to immediately come up with something new on the spot and how much he enjoys doing that.

Branson Reese is an agent of chaos, he doesn't railroad he throws a grenade into a crowded room and is excited about whatever ends up happening including the grenade being thrown back at him and exploding in his face.