Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Boston in 7
Tampa in 6
Rangers in 5
Panthers in 4

St. Louis in 7
Avalanche in 5
Calgary in 5
Edmonton in 7

Goals in first round: 313
Final: Rangers in 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I found it hard to give a poo poo about hockey but I'll make some picks because I like playoff hockey and want some upsets I guess

Preds in 7
Blues in 6
Flames in 5
Kings in 7
Capitals in 6
Lightning in 4
Bruins in 5
Rangers in 7

Goals in first round: 280
Final: Lightning in 6

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Canes in 6
NYR in 7
Fancy Cats in 6
TB in 5

Avs in 6
Wild in 6
Flames in 6
EDM in 6

Goals Scored 330
Cup Final: NYR in 7

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Calgary in 6
Edmonton in 6
Colorado in 5
Minnesota in 7

Florida in 4
Tampa Bay in 6
Boston in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

Goals scored: 301
Cup Final: Minnesota in 6

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i don't think anyone made an nhl.com bracket for sa yet so if you see this in the next 30 minutes join join join
https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/48331&join_token=3F0987406C

password is refdog

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Five-year-old nephew's picks with commentary:

Predators in 6 (Originally said Predators in 5, then upon being told Saros is injured, "oh... I guess Predators in 6 then.")
Wild in 4 ("Last time I saw the Blues I think they were really bad.")
Flames in 7 ("The Flames are really good.")
Oilers in 7 ("Oilers for sure!")

Capitals in 7 ("Because they have the best shooter in the league. But the Panthers are really good too. I think the best player on the Panthers is Bobrovsky.")
Lightning in 5 ("the Lightning are the best team in the league! Why do the Maple Leafs have to play the best team in the league, I thought they were really good too?")
Hurricanes in 7 ("I think it has to go seven games because the Hurricanes and the Bruins are both really tough teams.")
Rangers in 7 ("Because even though the Penguins were on a good point, they're getting down to a lower point.")

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Joined, I can't wait to lose this one too.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Avs in 6
Wild in 6
Flames in 5
Oilers in 6

Panthers in 5
Lightning in 5
Canes in 6
Rangers in 6

Goals scored: 225
Cup final: Cats in 6

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Avalanche in 5
Wild in 7
Flames in 5
Oilers in 6

Panthers in 4
Lightning in 7
Hurricanes in 6
Penguins in 7

Goals scored: 300
Cup final: Panthers in 7

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They give you a grace period of the first game across the playoffs, so plenty more time for people to join.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

kalensc posted:

Avalanche in 5
Wild in 7
Flames in 5
Oilers in 6

Panthers in 4
Lightning in 7
Hurricanes in 6
Penguins in 7

Goals scored: 300
Cup final: Panthers in 7

Ya know what, Leafs in 7, why not

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The playoffs have started! Good turnout this year.

Please check that i entered your predictions correctly. The charts this year are alphabetical!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Man, I knew the playoffs were coming, but the appearance of The Red X Spreadsheet really cements it.

It's like when they start saying The Cup Is In The Building and I'm imagining Powershift handling this with white gloves.

That's why it hurt so much to have to do this.

Wonderllama posted:

Boston in 6
Carolina in 6

Which one of these is supposed to be New York?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Thanks, it's really going to make things interesting, They've got some good picks.

kalensc posted:

Ya know what, Leafs in 7, why not

Historically quite a poor choice.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
let the Xs begin!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Powershift posted:

Which one of these is supposed to be New York?

Ha sorry. Change Carolina to Pittsburgh.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
They're late (and also this doesn't really matter) but my six- and eight-year-olds picked. The 8 year old is high on the Preds (he likes the logo) and the 6 year old is a total homer for the Oilers, but otherwise it's not... terrible?

Albino Squirrel fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 3, 2022

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
why do those printouts have the east teams on the west and west teams on the east.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Predators in 6 (Originally said Predators in 5, then upon being told Saros is injured, "oh... I guess Predators in 6 then.")
Wild in 4 ("Last time I saw the Blues I think they were really bad.")
Flames in 7 ("The Flames are really good.")
Oilers in 7 ("Oilers for sure!")

Capitals in 7 ("Because they have the best shooter in the league. But the Panthers are really good too. I think the best player on the Panthers is Bobrovsky.")
Lightning in 5 ("the Lightning are the best team in the league! Why do the Maple Leafs have to play the best team in the league, I thought they were really good too?")
Hurricanes in 7 ("I think it has to go seven games because the Hurricanes and the Bruins are both really tough teams.")
Rangers in 7 ("Because even though the Penguins were on a good point, they're getting down to a lower point.")

I’d pay money for this analysis.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Twin Cinema posted:

I’d pay money for this analysis.

It’s better than the National talking heads, but I’m guessing the kid can’t stay up to cover the late games.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jhet posted:

It’s better than the National talking heads, but I’m guessing the kid can’t stay up to cover the late games.

Kelly Hrudey nods off half the time so really, give the kid the gig

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hope someone else gets a red X with me tonight.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mad props to JawKnee, who took the first Red X of the 2022 playoffs solo.

In honour of this accomplishment, Today's red is #cc0000, Carolina Hurricanes red.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 3, 2022

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
hmm me and T-Bone were the two morons who trusted the Oilers.. well at least I'm in good company under that big ol red X.

Games tonight were fun even though some of them were blowouts.. hope tomorrow's games live up to that energy.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Red Xs really make it feel like the post season is here. Huzzah!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Powershift posted:

Historically quite a poor choice.

Could it get reflected in the spreadsheet please? :kiddo:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

god that is too close to my picks.

A corgi is my mortal enemy

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

In honour of the Capitals surprise win, today's X's are #C8102E, Washington Capitals red.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

As today is May the 4th(be with you) today's Xs are #EB212E, Lightsaber Red.

Nobody got Xed on the other 2 sheets.

Mad props to furnaceface for already collecting 3 red X's in 3 days. A Rangers loss tomorrow could make it 4.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Powershift posted:

Mad props to furnaceface for already collecting 3 red X's in 3 days. A Rangers loss tomorrow could make it 4.

You mean the point isnt to collect them as fast as possible??

Half my picks were doomer picks, the other half spite picks. I will gladly take 7 red X's if all my picks end up wrong. Dallas still needs to beat Calgary though, I actually want that one to be true.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

God the red X thread being back is so good. Thank you Kite for bringing us this wonderful tradition.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

In Celebration of Cinco de Mayo, Today's red is #CE1126, from the flag of Mexico.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pretty funny that three of the four results tonight didn’t X anybody

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
the walls are closing in, it won't be long now

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I know it’s not a big achievement but I’m still happy to have made it this far without getting x-ed. maybe this is my year, finally.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I forgot to put a number of games on my Blues/Wild series but I meant Blues in seven. I don't think my intention was to call a four game sweep by the Blues "the best series of the first round."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

I forgot to put a number of games on my Blues/Wild series but I meant Blues in seven. I don't think my intention was to call a four game sweep by the Blues "the best series of the first round."

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettty pretty convenient to only bring it up once the Blues finally lose :colbert:

I'ved move it but i ultimately don't think it's going to matter after seeing their last game.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
The Flames are going to red x a lot of people... I mean I have to be blindly optimistic but the rest of you are fools.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Misanthrope posted:

The Flames are going to red x a lot of people... I mean I have to be blindly optimistic but the rest of you are fools.

It's great!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Not me, I never trusted the Flames

I don't trust a team that employs Jack Mother loving Johnson either so I guess the Blues/Wild winner is probably going to win the West.... if the Avs weren't playing JMFJ 18 minutes a night they'd steamroll their way to the Cup most likely

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

I’ll admit I thought they were insanely better than Dallas, but I also have an extremely low opinion of the Stars, I think they and the Kings are fake playoff teams. What I shouldn’t have underestimated is the propensity for Canadian teams to be disappointments. I think it’s also a bit of a bad matchup for them because Sutter will happily let games become 50/50 nothingburgers and that’s how bad teams want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Misanthrope posted:

6 of us know. :smug: