Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
my favorite Denzel fact is that he’ll check Clippers games he isn’t at and if someone’s sitting in his courtside seats he calls arena security directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

indigi posted:

my favorite Denzel fact is that he’ll check Clippers games he isn’t at and if someone’s sitting in his courtside seats he calls arena security directly

i can hear that call in my mind

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

training day is an all time classic

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Truman Peyote posted:

i still think my idea for the ending of GoT was better (the white walkers sweep in and murder all humans because they can't stop infighting long enough to unite against them; it is a metaphor for global warming)

It feels like there's a lot SFF that relies on the rope that human would quit fighting itself in the face of an overwhelming threat but it feels very untrue atm

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Achmed Jones posted:

training day is an all time classic

its a weird movie to me, its balancing between corny who wrote this?! and yeah ill watch it again

(i know who wrote it)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

tonight's flick: Master and Commander

$150 million dollar film on something based on books almost nobody's heard of, no multiverse, not the first part of a five part contract, absolutely loving gorgeous and engaging film. we'll never again make movies like this

idk about almost nobody, but it wasn't made for our generation. that movie was made for folks who are now quite old or already dead.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i remember liking the hell out of that movie esp when bettany chirurgeons himself. i should probably watch it again

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

building up a queue i guess

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im getting into just big slow burn Stories

this week i went through godfather 2, the lighthouse, and m&c. liking this trend. it's less stressy and is making me plop down and chill at 9pm instead of "oh i'll shitpost till midnight then put on a film"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Achmed Jones posted:

the lighthouse kinda disappointed me,

lol the wife liked it enough to drag me to long island

i thought it was pretty good. there's some unnecessary bloat in there but otherwise well acted, directed, shot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

tonight's flick: Master and Commander

$150 million dollar film on something based on books almost nobody's heard of, no multiverse, not the first part of a five part contract, absolutely loving gorgeous and engaging film. we'll never again make movies like this
it was so good. v. mad they never made another one, I was so looking forward to more.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Chris Knight posted:

it was so good. v. mad they never made another one, I was so looking forward to more.

Turns out as of last year they are starting work on a prequel, which aren't my favorite things, but

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

little weird to do a prequel when there are like 30 more books in the series they could adapt

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
would dig a sequel based on the adventures of the one arm kid officer. he did such a great job

mystes
May 31, 2006

duz posted:

little weird to do a prequel when there are like 30 more books in the series they could adapt
Prequels are a popular way to do soft reboots with different actors so it could be that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

nobody remembers Master and Commander, audiences don’t need a reset 20 years later

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we need standalone prequels for both the master and the commander to really establish the MCCU

then a TV show about, I dunno, the bosun

mystes
May 31, 2006

indigi posted:

nobody remembers Master and Commander, audiences don’t need a reset 20 years later
I still wouldn't put it past a movie studio to decide that they do

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
this ain't your grandfather's master and commander!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lower decks is pretty good and funny

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

infernal machines posted:

this ain't your grandfather's master and commander!

yeah i like your flag means death too

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

would dig a sequel based on the adventures of the one arm kid officer. he did such a great job

Master & One-Hander

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

master and commander is the third best star trek movie, after galaxy quest and the hunt for red october

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I tried to watch that movie as a mid teen and found it extremely boring and turned it off. I should give it another try now that I'm greying

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

Turns out as of last year they are starting work on a prequel, which aren't my favorite things, but
Nicholas Meyer said at one point he was trying to get the series off the ground but couldn't get a studio to greenlight it. which sucks because he would have been the perfect director for it. at least we still have Wrath of Khan & Undiscovered Country

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I playing the game Sleeping Dogs yet again, and I never noticed there's literally a "Once Were Warriors" outfit. what a weird deep cut for a game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0CAn6zHY4

it also has a Ninja Tune radio station which got me into a bunch of good music.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

"somehow, the emperor is alive again"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

it also has a Ninja Tune radio station which got me into a bunch of good music.

yeah the radio selection has some great poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Groin Knight

also GoTchat the prequel show airs in a few months? edit: August 21, 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93CHteQEco

i can’t wait to not watch this

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

fart simpson posted:

i can’t wait to not watch this
check this out: through the power of the internet, you can actually start not watching it right now

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

i like that deadites are in the mcu now

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

The Fool posted:

I don't know about best movie, but I really liked Man on Fire
never seen it but I do believe that more men should be on fire

Yesterday I watched the History of Swear Words hosted by Nicolas Cage on Netflix. It's pretty much what you'd expect

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxSchpdur-U

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol, I watched quite a bit of insomniac

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

Lol, I watched quite a bit of insomniac

same. that show was pretty good for its time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it was a very cool vibe and that was the era where i was dedicated nocturnal and it felt nice that somebody could have fun and be successful staying up until 7am drinking

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
iirc it was key to raising awareness of New York Boobs

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Just watched The Batman, a lot better than I was expecting, had no clue Colin Ferrell was doing Penguin.

Been in a kung-fu kick probably gonna continue watching the Police Story series, it definitely holds up.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

this show was so good

i remember seeing his standup in boston and he fuckin killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Attell is great