Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Introducing balsamiq the sql to vingr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Armitag3 posted:

Introducing balsamiq the sql to vingr
Gonna map reduce that baby down to a syrup

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

mystes posted:

Gonna map reduce that baby down to a syrup

Mmm yummy that’s a nice code smell

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
my windows 11 idled all weekend then when I sat down to do work on Sunday evening it force rebooted for updates.

The video card / display output doesn't work. I had to RDP into it to figure out wtf happened.

excellent work redmond

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:argh: william
gates

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
what
https://twitter.com/eveonline/status/1522561334310842369

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm impressed that eve is still around and kicking after all of these years.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

EVE covers a niche where there's very little competition

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
missed opportunity to cross promote PowerBI

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

it's the last game in which "grr goons" is a valid pubbie sentiment

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

TOOT BOOT posted:

babysitting the autistic?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kernel Sanders posted:

babysitting the autistic?

yeah it’s basically just eve and your mom

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
thats the game in which a russian oligarch shut off a significant part of the countrys power grid to get ahead right?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Jenny Agutter posted:

yeah it’s basically just eve and your mom

:worship::worship::worship:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh hell yeah, microsoft apparently replacing outlook with an electron thing, one of those cases where that will likely be vastly superior to the "fat" app

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the electron thing is worse. they're also looking at replacing the windows mail app with it which would be incredibly bad

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

the electron thing is worse. they're also looking at replacing the windows mail app with it which would be incredibly bad

the one person (you) who uses the Windows mail app will be very upset

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i use it too, but don't like it as much as shaggar. for some reason it does multiple languages (spell check etc.) differently and worse than all other modern apps, and it for some reason also craps out accessing my one imap account now and then. so cautiously optimistic they get it more right with the electron one

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this reminds me of when microsoft made it possible for excel to offload work to a compute cluster so that finance quants could have a supercomputer chug their colossal spreadsheets

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
microsoft spinning everything into cross-platform web apps is weird and confusing where is the monopolistic ms to make this easier to poo poo on

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i maintained a plugin bridge to do quant stuff from excel (and several applications basically being transcripts of the quant-built spreadsheets into something more long-term maintainable) a lot in a past life. part of where i got my continuing respect for excel as a tool from.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i'm glad that i can use microsoft teams and microsoft outlook from tabs in the chrome browser that is installed on my computer's linux-based operating system

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sapozhnik posted:

i'm glad that i can use microsoft teams and microsoft outlook from tabs in the chrome browser that is installed on my computer's linux-based operating system

i still think it is bizarre that you can literally install Microsoft Edge for Linux from an apt repo on microsoft.com

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is a very good development. when on windows i spend half my time in wsl, when on linux i spend half my time in microsoft applications v:shobon:v

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is a very good development. when on windows i spend half my time in wsl, when on linux i spend half my time in microsoft applications v:shobon:v

yeah seriously like 95% of the time i use windows i end up mostly using WSL for poo poo

at first i used mingw to cross-compile but tbh it's not really necessary anymore

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

microsoft spinning everything into cross-platform web apps is weird and confusing where is the monopolistic ms to make this easier to poo poo on

it’s because

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

this reminds me of when microsoft made it possible for excel to offload work to a compute cluster so that finance quants could have a supercomputer chug their colossal spreadsheets

Microsoft wants people to become dependent on their expensive and profitable cloud services.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

i still think it is bizarre that you can literally install Microsoft Edge for Linux from an apt repo on microsoft.com

I’m getting Microsoft emails about ie going completely out of support and it’s amazing

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
is azure even profitable

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

akadajet posted:

it’s because

Microsoft wants people to become dependent on their expensive and profitable cloud services.

yeah that's true, but i think along with the all economic realignments taking place recently moving towards heightened isolationism this is probably not a good idea. i have a feeling massive conglomos are gonna want things more centralized, processed and stored locally

ofc time will tell if i'm right, but the cloud is looking stormy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

is azure even profitable

extremely

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

is azure even profitable

lol yeah

mystes
May 31, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

is azure even profitable
Are you thinking of GCP?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i never think, only post

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

is azure even profitable

it’s coke for european cto’s

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Sapozhnik posted:

sure, except that they don't let you join meetings in firefox or use a mobile browser at all

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i never think, only post

I have this tattooed on my rear end

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

~Coxy posted:

sure, except that they don't let you join meetings in firefox or use a mobile browser at all

they have mobile apps and lol at using Firefox anymore

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

akadajet posted:

they have mobile apps and lol at using Firefox anymore

surely amongst us linux desktop users firefox still holds an appreciable market share of our <2% segment of the computer user population

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

microsoft has done more for open source in the past five years than the FSF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

while true it is hard to deny that ibm is the real open source powerhouse, no one does more.