Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Looked up skyline wow looks awful is it the official food of Cincinnati because that would track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
A couple of cheese coneys makes for pretty good drunk food, but you should steer clear of it otherwise.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

maffew buildings posted:

Looked up skyline wow looks awful is it the official food of Cincinnati because that would track

It's fine. It's literally just grains tomatoes meat and cheese in a different configuration. I wouldn't eat it every day, but there are worse implementations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Coneys are definitely the best thing at Skyline imo

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

hell yeah Jays

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Chief McHeath posted:

As far as I know the truck has not been dumped, but game two of the double header gives us hope.

It would make sense to do it in game #2

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/BlakeHarrisTBLA/status/1523096423033565184?t=EQRMqD4F0zXzEf902uz8Tg&s=19

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That’s gonna hurt for a while, drat

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
When was that clip from? The Mets are rained out today and playing the Phillies.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

When was that clip from? The Mets are rained out today and playing the Phillies.

September of last year

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MLB N/V 2022: I fuckin dare you to poo poo in the Tundra

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love this guy https://twitter.com/mlbhrvideos/status/1523104127542185985?s=21&t=BNcv6GDcRDK3m1HZcP73Hg

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

The first and so far only regular season game I've seen at Suntrust/Truist Park was his first career walk-off hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_AIc9Ia6Q

He likes these uniforms I think.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Traxis posted:

September of last year

Well, gently caress me. I thought that was today.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

lmao; the 9th inning of the Rockies game.

also today was the 5th anniversary of Bartolo's homer

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Between that and the Giants bottom 8 it was quite the evening

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
What is the record for most consecutive games between two teams with the same score? I ask because the Astros have beaten the Tigers 3-2 each of the last 3 days.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

will_colorado posted:

lmao; the 9th inning of the Rockies game.

also today was the 5th anniversary of Bartolo's homer
Someone needs to commission a statue.

Blind Pineapple posted:

What is the record for most consecutive games between two teams with the same score? I ask because the Astros have beaten the Tigers 3-2 each of the last 3 days.
I'd bet there was a three-game series in the "Year of the Pitcher" (either 1967 or '68) where every game ended 1-0.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Brusdar Graterol is filthy.

https://twitter.com/BlakeHarrisTBLA/status/1523127299289190401?t=CQwzsBcC-eXv23rRLZmqow&s=19

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That sounds like a name from that Japanese baseball game

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1523119123919966209

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Blind Pineapple posted:

The record for most consecutive games by one team with the same score is 4:
  • 1958 Washington Senators, games 147-150, lost 0-2.
  • 1961 San Francisco Giants, games 78-81, lost 2-3.
  • 2008 San Diego Padres, games 61-64, won 2-1.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The 1958 Senators also lost game 152 by a score of 0-2, so they did it 5 times in 6 games during their season-ending 13-game losing streak.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I do not understand how he can possibly throw that hard with that delivery. It never ever makes sense.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Seeing something other than a 4 seamer that fast makes my brain short circuit a bit

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

I do not understand how he can possibly throw that hard with that delivery. It never ever makes sense.

Yeah, this was my first thought the very first time I saw him pitch. It's not even logical, his arm doesn't go very far backwards and it doesn't seem to travel too far forward during the delivery. it looks like a special effect from a movie where someone has a superpower.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Lets see how much of the Joe West podcast i can make it through today......

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Jhoan Duran of the Twins did that to the A's yesterday too.

quote:

The righthander threw 16 pitches at or above 100 miles per hour in two innings.
https://www.startribune.com/jhoan-duran-shakes-off-nerves-to-close-out-1-0-win/600171406/

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Inspector_666 posted:

The first time I saw him pitch my brain just short circuited when I saw three digits pop up.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers team ERA+ is currently 189

Hope they all stay healthy

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Happy Bartolo Home Run day everyone.

https://youtu.be/OVFsq9FQBlc

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

I assume he's got ridiculous lower body strength and most of the velo is coming from the hip rotation towards the plate.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/sahadevsharma/status/1523389630581972992

Look out Reds, the Cubs are coming for your worst record in baseball.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
sad bitch alert

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1523418964889530369?s=20&t=bYZbn1Tuf3DsKLZ1lPM4DA

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
The jays fuckin suck lmfao. Who the gently caress thought this was a playoff team

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Rangers strike me as a sad, weird organization for some reason. I can’t get mad at the manager being a stupid baby about a loss. It’s like watching Michael Scott lash out or something.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The Pirates dropped two of three to the Reds and also lost their starting catcher to injury. I'm struggling to remember why I was excited to watch them this season.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Popping in from out of the blue just to comment on how awful MLB TV coverage seems to be, if you live somewhere vaguely near a team but want to watch them on free TV or basic sports cable. In Austin it seems really hard to find Astros games unless you have that AT&T regional sports channel, which isn't even carried on Spectrum, Youtube TV, etc. Even when Astros are playing away games on other channels, it's still blacked out here even though Austin is in NO WAY realistically within the Astros ticket sales area. It's like MLB is actively trying to keep casual fans, or potential new fans, from ever seeing baseball. Baseball is dying--does MLB really think it's good to lock it up behind a paywall? They need to get the games in front of as many eyeballs as possible.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Number_6 posted:

Popping in from out of the blue just to comment on how awful MLB TV coverage seems to be, if you live somewhere vaguely near a team but want to watch them on free TV or basic sports cable. In Austin it seems really hard to find Astros games unless you have that AT&T regional sports channel, which isn't even carried on Spectrum, Youtube TV, etc. Even when Astros are playing away games on other channels, it's still blacked out here even though Austin is in NO WAY realistically within the Astros ticket sales area. It's like MLB is actively trying to keep casual fans, or potential new fans, from ever seeing baseball. Baseball is dying--does MLB really think it's good to lock it up behind a paywall? They need to get the games in front of as many eyeballs as possible.

I’m in the Rays market even though I’m on the direct east coast of central florida not the west so I can’t watch Rays games on Hulu Live/MLBtv. I also can’t watch Miami games for some reason. Blackout restrictions need to get hosed asap. Apparently the NBA is planning on doing something about them but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
We were fools to count out the Reds