Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Progressive JPEG posted:

whatever happened to that imac from 2002ish where the computer is a dome, with an lcd monitor on an arm above the dome

they seemed pretty cool at the time but it feels like theyve been sorta memory holed vs the crt imacs. were they really unreliable or something?

e:

no, i had a 15" (the font was garamond so i'm going to assume it was an early model), they were loving great. i gave it to my aunt and uncle after about a decade and afaik they used it up until the panel died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
People figured out how to crack open the arms and refresh the worn-out springs iirc

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

you on the toilet | me on the toilet

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

graph posted:

i have never, not once, taken my phone into the wc with me
The wc? Lol, what, do you have Jeeves read aloud from r/fancylads while he breaks out the wiping silks?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/leonard_ritter/status/1487565253697277958

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sweevo posted:

it works in W7 x64, so it should be fine in 10

it's been a while since I tried, maybe not even on win10 but i do recall some real jankiness post-XP and I'm pretty sure it doesn't handle high DPI. maybe i should dredge up the iso i made over a decade ago and try again lol. though now i've got a wide-gamut monitor and i have no idea if psp 7 has anything for handling color spaces and poo poo

this thread was loving hilarious

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The wc? Lol, what, do you have Jeeves read aloud from r/fancylads while he breaks out the wiping silks?

would you prefer i use 'loo' ?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
le pissoire

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

terlet

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

it's been a while since I tried, maybe not even on win10 but i do recall some real jankiness post-XP and I'm pretty sure it doesn't handle high DPI. maybe i should dredge up the iso i made over a decade ago and try again lol. though now i've got a wide-gamut monitor and i have no idea if psp 7 has anything for handling color spaces and poo poo

seriously i wasn't joking wine on wsl is great for old stuff that's janky on modern windows. 16-bit apps even work well

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

graph posted:

powder room

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

powder room

oo, nice

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Secret Word

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

graph posted:

I still call it the head.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
oh lah de dah i can't bring myself to say the name of literally the porcelain pillar of modern civilization. now that's gratitude for ya.

it's called a toilet

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
shitter, head, crapper, toilet, or just bathroom. never ever, ever, ever "wc"

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
modern sanitation has done more to save lives and increase life expectancy than basically any other invention other than maybe the bosch-haber process. almost certainly more than penicillin.

all hail the mighty TOILET

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shaggar posted:

shitter, head, crapper, toilet, or just bathroom. never ever, ever, ever "wc"

I'll be honest, the house my folks had 1977-1987 did actually have a wc- a small room separate from the bathroom (which had the shower/bath and sink in it) with the toilet. The place was built in the early 1910s. I actually miss that feature in homes because of that. You didn't have to worry about having to take a dump when somebody was showering.

There was also a basement WC.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

this movies was better than it had a right to be and I liked the two lead characters

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sapozhnik posted:

modern sanitation has done more to save lives and increase life expectancy than basically any other invention other than maybe the bosch-haber process. almost certainly more than penicillin.

all hail the mighty TOILET

*readies sewage treatment plant posts for sewagechat*

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I honestly wished they kept the scenes where Valerian got his companion from the French Countryside in the 19th century though.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i'll just throw my poop water into my drinking water it'll probably be fine *members of my family line die of cholera like a bunch of noobs for 50,000 years*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
powder room is just a half bath right

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
toilet and bathroom are euphemisms too

shitter is the only word if you want to be direct

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the toilet is basically a weird thing for which all names for it are euphamisms

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what does wc stand for lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what does wc stand for lol

Wash closet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

one thing I remember is seeing Americans faces when I’d ask where the toilet was and coming to find out people prefer to call it the bathroom

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'll be honest, the house my folks had 1977-1987 did actually have a wc- a small room separate from the bathroom (which had the shower/bath and sink in it) with the toilet. The place was built in the early 1910s. I actually miss that feature in homes because of that. You didn't have to worry about having to take a dump when somebody was showering.

There was also a basement WC.

we just literally had a closet that would fill with water and then tell people it was the coat closet. then we'd direct them to the bathroom to use the toilet.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Wash closet

Jesus graph did Jeeves restock the tissues yet?

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
i thought it was water closet

has it been actually wash closet all this time?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SO DEMANDING posted:

this thread was loving hilarious

Oh man it was a good thread

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Antlerhill posted:

i thought it was water closet

has it been actually wash closet all this time?

no it's water closet.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Midjack posted:

it's water closet.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

this movies was better than it had a right to be and I liked the two lead characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0n1cdoaiZE

ya

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Midjack posted:

no it's water closet.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

KirbyKhan posted:

Wash closet

Water closet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

People figured out how to crack open the arms and refresh the worn-out springs iirc

there's a full m1 transplant someone did recently which is super cool

https://youtube.com/watch?v=neO_Svu5Dbc