Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Does that dude have any idea how much everyone else hates him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Steve Vader posted:

In my experience, those types of folks either have zero clue or are just aggressively in permanent "gently caress you" mode..

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Morand posted:

Agree on the sculpts being amazing. I want to see the dials though. I'm getting Watchmen 100 dollar set vibes from that packaging so its gotta be worth it for me

Ha, funny you should mention that set. For some reason the other day it popped into my head, was in a much worse financial place when that set came out so couldn't get it and then never did in the years since. Might have to keep an eye out and see if I can grab it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Steve Vader posted:

No. They've been called out at least once by every single player in the venue and the judge. There have been multiple events with builds specifically and obviously calibrated to gently caress them in particular over. It's all water off a duck's back.

In fact, the reason I am opposed to the "just forfeit every time" plan is because I am completely sure that they will interpret forfeits as "you are so good and I'm such a pathetic player that I yield in the face of your overwhelming might", and I don't want to give that sort of positive reinforcement.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

CapnAndy posted:

No. They've been called out at least once by every single player in the venue and the judge. There have been multiple events with builds specifically and obviously calibrated to gently caress them in particular over. It's all water off a duck's back.

In fact, the reason I am opposed to the "just forfeit every time" plan is because I am completely sure that they will interpret forfeits as "you are so good and I'm such a pathetic player that I yield in the face of your overwhelming might", and I don't want to give that sort of positive reinforcement.

I think every single player refusing to play them is a fairly powerful message.

This may be a moot point because the judge is apparently one more incident away from outright banning them.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
So, tonight was a hell of a thing. I ran 'Multiverse of Madness' - build two 300-point teams, each from a different universe (and each with their own theme bonuses), then combine them into a 600-point force. But the build was the least of it... I didn't tell the players the scenario until we got started.

For maps, I had a bunch of those 8x8 map tiles that come with the new starters, and I just tossed them out willy-nilly making random shapes for people to play on. Then, every 10 minutes or so, I would move some map tiles around. Sometimes figures would get shifted closer to each other, sometimes moved farther away, or terrain would be tossed in between them. If tiles had objects but no characters, I would swap them between games. Just having fun screwing with people.

Then we mixed things up again for the third game. To start with, I just put out one map tile in front of everybody to set their figures up in, put the rest of the tiles in a big pile, and announced that at the start of a player's turn they could place a tile, and once the pile ran out they could instead move a tile or swap the placement of two tiles. It did not take people long to realize that, yes, you could connect to a map that two other players were on, and yes, you could attack them. But you were still only alternating turns with your official opponent, which lead to people both attacking and being attacked simultaneously. It was just an ever-shifting battlefield of chaos, and I'm really proud that my players all had fun with it and just embraced the goofy craziness rather than getting salty or trying to take advantage. Just a wild night of nonsense 'Clix.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
You have the best goddamn scenarios.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

You have the best goddamn scenarios.

Aw, thanks. I've found that a good amount of unpredictable silliness is healthy, as it keeps the meta down and can help to even out skill levels so that everyone can have fun. A 14-range Barrier team isn't much of an advantage when your opponent can just pick up that part of the map and drop it next to them.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The next set has been announced and some legacy cards have been spoiled as well.

Avengers forever.

Modok from Captain America, V Thor from Supernova, and chase Rick Jones have all had their legacy cards previewed.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Is that coming before or after the batman team up set? That set looks nuts!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dammit. I've been waiting for that old Rick chase to drop enough in value to snag. Now it shan't.

Gonna need that MODOK card though.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I actually got to play today 300 points all figures are legal but any additional game elements have to be modern legal.

Because I recently acquired a major want of mine I had to do Shi’ar and play

Prime Emperor Gladiator
Deathbird
Lilandra
Professor X
Kid Gladiator

All from Rise and Fall.

Round 1 I had the bye and faced off against the future foundation

Human Torch
Mr. Fantastic
The Thing
Susan Storm
Franklin Richards
Valeria Richards
Leech

All from future foundation.

This was a game of emperor gladiator sniping the biggest threats and being too scary to shoot back on. He hit Ben early for a confidence token and never looked back. I lost a soldier to some concentrated fire from human torch but that was it. He lost everything except Val and Leech.

Round 2 versus the Fantastic Four

The Wolverine with 3 TA’s who can heal more if his teammates share TA’s with him
Rikki Barnes
A white Human torch who was nova I think?
Julie Power
Mr. Fantastic in the stark armor on his lower level
A Sue with a 19 defend

This game did not last long. I moved up making no soldiers. He moved up. I cleared and still made no soldiers. He moved a bunch of his team down and TK’d Wolverine to charge Emperor Gladiator. He had 5 shots to hit an 18 with a 12 thanks to flurry and theme probs and missed every single one. I then rolled super well including a crit to KO Wolverine in a turn. He tried to attack again. Crit missed, stared at his die with murder in his eyes and proceeded to concede as his die were not making this fun for him in his words. I understood.

Round 3 versus a newbie!

Infamous Iron Man
JW Green Lantern
Scarlet witch who can carry multiples
Daredevil with Heimdall’s powers
Blade with the rally that makes him never die.

I spent a majority of the game coaching and helping and gladiator was a force. Oneshotting scarlet witch and then taking down infamous iron man since he didn’t care about his mystics anymore. Daredevil came in and got punched to death and once it was just blade and green lantern they fell quickly.

Went 3-0. I really like this team at 300, but it’s really dependent on making soldiers and there were some rounds I was only able to squeeze out one or two. If we ever did higher values I’d probably add the 50 point emperor Vulcan SR and 2 starting soldiers.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Fun times yesterday! The event was 400 Modern. I had a roll20 game the night before, so having only started to make my team after that game was over, I just went with one of my reliables, the Amazons:

Wonder Woman, Princess of Themyscira with full equipment set
Prime Donna Troy with bracelets
Circe with lasso
Jason
Ferdinand
Hippolyta
Starter set A dial Wonder Girl

Three others showed up: a regular, a newbie (yay!), and the player we hate (boo!).

Round 1 was against the newbie, playing a team that was honestly a bit too complicated for him -- it included Jane Foster Thor from WotR and I had to point out to him that she had Impervious and he never used her hammer tricks, it had Shang-Chi and I had to explain to him why Shang is a good piece and why you might want to use his incap, stuff like that. Spent most of the game just helping him out, lost Circe, and won 140-75.

The highlight of Round 1 was at the other game, where the regular called the bad player out on their bullshit and they went nuclear in response. What had happened: bad player had moved Ms. America up 6 squares, given her a token, moved a bunch of his other pieces, then attempted to attack with Ms. America. When regular correctly asked what the gently caress they thought they were up to, bad player claimed that they had actually TK'd Ms. America and put the token on her accidentally. Regular says: you moved her and tokened her, and I never heard you say anything about TK. (This is classic Bad Player; your best case scenario is that they'll mumble what they're doing, but much more often they just do things in complete silence, and will even start rolling dice for attacks without saying who's attacking which target. It's not the first time they've been called out on their need to declare what the gently caress they're actually doing. It's not the tenth, either. They're a cheater.)

Now, a normal player, in this situation, would be like "oh yeah whoops I hosed up" and move on, especially considering we're playing for zero stakes. Given the circumstances -- this was still the early game, to the point where no attacks had in fact been made yet -- even most assholes would just be mad at themselves and move on. It's hardly an irrecoverable mistake, after all.

Bad Player, on the other hand? Flips their entire poo poo. They start raging; it was a mistake, they meant to put the token on Scarlet Witch. Their opponent tells them, well, you didn't, you tokened Ms. America, she can't act twice in one turn. Next argument: I said TK. Response: No you didn't. Next argument: Why would I only move Ms. America six squares if it wasn't TK? Response: For any number of reasons? I don't know your strategy, you can move her any amount up to her speed value.

Bottom line is that the regular won't budge, isn't being intimidated or swayed by the temper tantrum, won't let them take the turn back, and won't let them attack. So Bad Player ragequits. They don't leave the venue, sadly; they just forfeit the match and sit there in a huff for the next 40 minutes on their phone. (It is another Bad Player trademark that as soon as their turn is done, they pull out their phone and ignore you.)

Round 2, then! I indicate to the judge that he needs to watch Newbie vs. Bad Player like a hawk, since they cheat and the newbie won't know to call them on it. No blowups this round, so I guess they behaved? I get the regular, who's playing a MCU Phase 4 team of Moon Knight, WotR chase Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and Kate Hawkeye. We had a fun brawl; Donna Troy missed nearly all her super senses rolls all day, but she made one clutch one this game on an attack that would've killed her and I won 125-75, losing Circe again.

And now for the main event, Round 3 vs. Bad Player. They're playing an actually reasonable team of Young Avengers -- Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, SR Hulkling, Hawkeye, and Ms. America. And then they loaded their Sideline with an illegal amount of elements -- Prime Destroyer, a ton of Skrull Spies, and every single character with an Ally effect ever made. None of which was on their team sheet, of course. But I didn't bother calling them on it for two reasons. The first is that it didn't loving matter; they're notorious for overloading their sideline and then forgetting to use literally any of it, and their team has a whopping one Captain on it and zero Sidekicks, so y'know, whatever, go nuts.

The second reason is that Title Wonder Woman is loving poison to this player, and I know it. I'd won as soon as we sat down.

See, their internal playbook is one page long and has two and only two entries on it: "Turtle" and "TK yo-yo". Refuse to engage with either and their brain breaks. So on turn 1 I set up a killbox and start building Plot Points with Wonder Woman. They set up their killbox and pass. I heal Wonder Woman with Ferdinand, build another Plot, and end my turn. And so it begins. I could see "what the gently caress do I do" visibly building on their face as I took each of my fifteen second turns, and I'm laughing on the inside, because how do you like a taste of your own goddamn medicine? But the difference is that I've got a win condition and am happy to just sit around and build towards it, whereas if I don't walk up and let you kill me, you just lose. They get more and more confused as each of my turns goes by and I don't budge. On one turn they blow up some random walls. Then they walk up to nearly the midpoint of the map -- by their turtling standards, an extremely aggressive move. Then next turn they immediately hightail it back to their starting area. And that's five turns, so Wonder Woman goes to her immortal click, equips the Lasso, walks across the entire goddamn board and free incaps them.

And. They. Panic.

They pick up their entire team and start running away, but Wondy has 12 speed, Cosmic Energy, and can splash incap as FREE. It's not viable, but they sure try it. First they run to the other side of their starting area, and when that doesn't work, they start running across the board. The entire board. They run, in fact, right to my starting area. Where my entire team has been waiting. I KO Wiccan and Hawkeye in one turn and they ragequit, mumbling something about "can't even hit you". Like they'd know -- they made a grand total of zero attacks all game.

So I went 3-0 even on a day when my super senses rolls were just awful and Hippolyta couldn't hit Leadership to save her life and got to serve the bad player some karmic justice as a bonus. I'd call that a pretty good day's work.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
its wild that this game is still going. i've been getting back into tabletop gaming (mostly 40k and living card games) and there's no heroclix in any shop i go to, and there used to be a pretty active event scene in CT, wonder where all those guys went- i dont see anything scheduled.

the website still sucks, is there a recent starter set?

also, that scooby doo figure that got posted reminds me of when they cancelled toonclix.

RIP horrorclix

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

John Romero posted:

its wild that this game is still going. i've been getting back into tabletop gaming (mostly 40k and living card games) and there's no heroclix in any shop i go to, and there used to be a pretty active event scene in CT, wonder where all those guys went- i dont see anything scheduled.

also, that scooby doo figure that got posted reminds me of when they cancelled toonclix.

RIP horrorclix

The latest starter set is the Empyre starter, but theres a new one coming in a few months or so with X of Swords.

The NE as a whole has suffered clixwise. I'd argue that for a long time it was THE hub of clix but nowadays it's shifted to the Midwest/west coast. Covid really hurt participation around my way. We're lucky to see 2-3 regulars a week.

We have 27 signed up for a D+ event but that is mostly due to me supplying an insane level of prizes to try and revitalize the local playerbase.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

I'd argue that for a long time it was THE hub of clix but nowadays it's shifted to the Midwest/west coast.

Speaking of which, tournament report from the Midwest:

Tonight was a Snake Draft - bring four figures, one each for 50, 100, 150 and 200 points. Before the first round, we drew numbers to see who would get first pick of the 200 points, on down to the bottom, then from the bottom up for the 150, back down for 100, and back up for 50. For the subsequent games, the lowest-ranked player got to draft first.

Round one I ended up with Maximum Carnage, Cassandra Nova, SR Starfire, and Trickshot, going up against Red Lantern Harley, Rare Silver Surfer, Venom Marvel Girl, and Angela. Carnage took the first hit, but only got dropped down to click 3 before it was my turn to retaliate. Thanks to a Perplexed-up movement, Carnage sprinted across a rooftop to giant reach and Flurry on Surfer, hitting both times and, crucially, using the Maximum Carnage trait's splash damage to KO Dawn Greenwood, which wasn't an attack so it didn't piss off the Surfer. Starfire and Harley got into a protracted d6-off, making Shape Change and Impervious rolls at each other for a few rounds while Carnage and Cassandra finished off the others. Harley managed to take down Trickshot, but then fell to the rest.

Round two, I got Pluto, the merged Lex Luther/Braniac con figure, chase Leonardo on a skateboard, and Ensign Crusher, battling Red Lantern Harley (again), speed force Deathstroke, Venom Marvel Girl (again), and the even/odd Riddler. This one was a shellacking, as Lutherac just Charge/Flurried everything into paste. Harley hung on for a bit by getting healing when Pluto's spirits died, but it wasn't enough to wring a single point from my team. Riddler managed to last a good while, just by playing the odds.

I was in first at this point, so was drafting last on the 200/100 spots. Ended up with SR Luthor in the Superman suit from Rebirth, which made picking Lutherac again an easy choice for double Lex power. Got skateboard Leo again, and grabbed the Riddler after his impressive showing the last game. Went up against Pluto, Surfer, Venom Marvel Girl (a third time!), and Angela. This was a really fun game, as we were pretty evenly-matched, and the dice were not favoring one over the other. Lex and Leo managed to cripple the Surfer early on, but Marvel Girl's Defend prevented me from finishing him off. Savvy Mind Controls from Marvel Girl worked to injure both Luthers and Leo, but Lutherac fired back by knocking Pluto down to his Pulse Wave. Pluto blasted everybody, KO'ing Leo, dropping Lutherac to the STOP click, and making some ghosts. Lutherac fired back by Pulse Waving everybody as well, KO'ing Surfer and all the bystanders, plus healing up off the STOP click. A whole lot of dancing around and ineffective back-and-forth followed, with everybody except Lutherac getting more and more wounded. But as last action was called, Angela finally snuck a non-Pulse Wave hit past the Riddler's 50/50 defenses and KO'd him, taking us to a draw.

Very fun night of 'Clix. It would have been better with more players and a deeper pool of figures, but it was still quite a good time.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

John Romero posted:

Covid wrecked the everloving gently caress out of the scene. WizKids hasn't sent prize support since the Before Times. Game's on life support. So hey, c'mon back in, join us as we circle the drain! It's fun!

The website does in fact suck and so does HCRealms, which is a malware-ridden blight on the internet, but hey, it's got a good team builder so make sure you got an adblocker and stay off their forums, haha, gently caress.

Most recent starter set was Empyre. War of the Realms had a Fast Forces. Disney+ should be coming out next week and that'll have a starter set, so I'd hold out if I was you, especially since the Empyre one was nothing special. Although be warned, the prices on those things have jumped to absolutely prohibitive levels now. You can get the latest PAC and comprehensive rules online for free; I'd do that, personally. We'll be happy to answer any other questions you got.

quote:

RIP horrorclix
Word.

They did get rid of pushing damage, so the game's a bit closer to what horrorclix was, but there's no powers that key off pushed figures and no victim tokens, so it's really not the same. Sadly, the attempted Mage Knight reboot fell flat on its face and so have all the non-Big Two licenses (although TMNT made a decent showing of it), so don't get your hopes up.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Covid wrecked the everloving gently caress out of the scene. WizKids hasn't sent prize support since the Before Times. Game's on life support. So hey, c'mon back in, join us as we circle the drain! It's fun!

I wonder about this, but then, I live in a really densely populated area, and I can only think of one comic/gaming shop that regularly has Heroclix in stock. Furthermore, Target hasn't carried Clix in years.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Random note but if anyone pulls a White Vision and is willing to trade him, I will make you a crazy good offer for them.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

COVID killed the scene here in Charlotte, too, sorta. Not that there was much before.

The place I used to go decided to stop carrying clix, so we found a new place that was even farther from me, but has a lot of play space (which the last place didn't have). However, we haven't regrouped and re-established anything regular there. Grown-rear end people, I guess.

There is a place up in Cornelius that's a bit of a drive for me, but they moved their games to Thursday instead of Mondays (when I'm usually free), so I haven't been there in a long time. There's also a place in Shelby that seems to have a decent attitude about fun games (the Cornelius place almost never advertises what their game will be each week outside of a GroupMe app chat that trucks in a lot of "I hosed your wife" humor, so that keeps things insular and uninviting), but they all use neoprene maps and table covers that my wife is allergic to, so it's hard to go there. Plus I think they also play on Thursdays.

It's been me and my wife when we have time for the last two years. We don't often have time. But she likes opening boosters.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I never did post about this but if anyone of you guys are near SE PA I'm holding a 3 month celebration of my Hall of Fame induction with some loving amazing prizes.

Month 1 was D+ sealed and we gave away a complete set of Empyre, a complete set of Legacy Cards from the F4 tournament kit, Batman and Jarro and other cons.

Month 2 is this month will be 300 Modern and I'm giving away a full set of Rise and Fall and other surprise prizes

Month 3 will be next month and is probably going to be 300 silver age or some kind of scenario that I think is fun or funny. Prizes will be WOR Chases and Primes and D+ Chases and Primes.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you our WIN info.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

That sounds awesome, but I'm nowhere near.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I never did post about this but if anyone of you guys are near SE PA I'm holding a 3 month celebration of my Hall of Fame induction with some loving amazing prizes.

Month 1 was D+ sealed and we gave away a complete set of Empyre, a complete set of Legacy Cards from the F4 tournament kit, Batman and Jarro and other cons.

Month 2 is this month will be 300 Modern and I'm giving away a full set of Rise and Fall and other surprise prizes

Month 3 will be next month and is probably going to be 300 silver age or some kind of scenario that I think is fun or funny. Prizes will be WOR Chases and Primes and D+ Chases and Primes.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you our WIN info.

I can't at all travel, but would love to see pictures.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Watch list!

Legacy Thanos, Sky Tyrant, Molecule Man, Blackheart, Wolverine, Maggott, Alchemical Potion, and Alchemical Fire. A very worthy list.

I expect the Alchemicals will force you to roll every turn and Maggott won't be able to reabsorb his pogs on the same turn he creates 'em. Dunno what nerfs the others will get, though I expect Thanos' will be substantial.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Glad I just sold my IC Thanos for $85.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I got to play today! The player we all hate didn’t show. I had fun. It was a great day.

Today was Multiverse of Madness 500 points.

Sideline Limit 3

No Special Objects unless character starts the game with them

Miss Minutes is Banned

All characters gain the following trait

Perplex and Probability Control, but only to target characters that have the same name but different set numbers. Characters that can use Probability control and perplex not from this trait can use them normally.

NOTE: Highlander rules are not in effect for this event

I ran spider-man family cause I loving had to.

I did

D+ Op Kit Spider-Man with his cape
PS4 Game Spider-Man
SVAC Miles Spider-Man
SVAC Garbage Can Spider-Man
F4 Fast Forces Spider-Man at 50
SVAC Spider Pharaoh
SVAC Mary Jane
Earth X Common Spider-Man
WOR Chase Spider-Man

Sideline of Peter Parker. I was gonna have Marvella or something else for Mary Jane but I forgot them.

Round 1 versus Celebrities all from D+

Chase D+ Scarlet Witch
Party Thor
Dazzler who makes people shield
Billy Maximoff
Pietro Maximoff
Jimmy Woo
Darcy Lewis
Rise and Fall Longshot

Opponent is new and said he was waiting for a bigger point game to try out his new shiny and basically ignored the scenario. I won map and went to the void.

I had so many problems to deal with looking at this team. Problem 1 stopping party Thor from wrecking my whole rear end team and Wanda from doing the same.

My first move was always spider pharaoh carry garbage can, PS4 and Miles. D+ carry Mary Jane. Earth X move WOR and the Fan4 one move up on their own. My strategy for dealing with Wanda was basically Fan4 and PS4 and paparazzi to keep her stuck in one place and it worked. She was always doubled up and immobile and never able to drop a rune. Party Thor got hit with several outwits and garbage can Spider-Man ruined his, Darcy’s, Billy and Jimmy’s day with his super punching. He hurt miles pretty badly but wasn’t able to KO him. I won with Party Thor, Darcy, and Jimmy Woo KO’d to my nothing.

Round 2 versus Avengers
Kate Hawkeye
Old school V Hawkeye from Fantastic Forces?
D+ Chase Witch
D+ not chase witch who has the outfit and RS EE?
Mystic Mentor Dr. Strange
D+ OP Kit Strange

I did my same first move. He blew up a wall and had his Hawkeye snipe my Miles. I decided to get aggressive and moved way up and used Garbage Can to knock Kate to her last click and the V Hawkeye to a 13 defense click where fan4 Spidey finished him off.

I then tried very hard to incap the witch, burning everything but I needed a 10 and couldn’t do it. I figured I was ok since a rune would gently caress over his whole team as well. I was wrong as he immediately dropped a rune and without their super senses and dice nonsense he just used his raw stats to KO WOR Spidey and garbage can Spider-Man as Kate on her last click still has a goddamn 12 for 3. I repeatedly missed a 16 to KO Kate. I then moved a bit out of the rune to get some powers back. He was able to KO my Fan4 Spidey and really hurt PS4 despite their senses being active. Time was called as I was preparing to go hard for his Stranges and I lost 200-130 something.

Round 3 versus Spider-Man Family

So trying to recap this game would be very confusing since it was quite a bit of and then Spider-Man hit Spider-Man. The craziest part? Neither one of us had a shared Spider-Man or Mary Jane on our teams.

He had

100 point OP Spider-Man from 2019 that can incap as free
The SR WOS Spider-Man who is immune to precision strike
Fan4 Spider-Man from Empyre
Samurai Gwen con
Spiderling who can Re-roll senses
The Mary Jane with perplex who also bumps up attacks for free
The Fan4 Spider-Man with passenger 1

Maybe one more? My Spider-Men were just a bit better then his, garbage pail especially was a big nuisance to his 100 point main attacker. He did KO Garbage can but I just turned into Peter. When time was called I got everything on his force except Samurai Gwen and the 100 point prize Spider-Man.

My round 1 opponent proceeded to beat my round 2 opponent as a Scarlet with with multiple friends with shield not being constantly webbed or camera flashed is more terrifying then a Wanda who does not have those things. Because of that I actually won on points and got a D+ map for my trouble.

This was a fun event but the perplexes could get very stupid very fast. It was very easy to give my garbage can Spider-Man a 15 attack and 12 speed to wreck things.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Steve Vader posted:

Glad I just sold my IC Thanos for $85.

I cracked a wolverine in my empyre case (2 chase case, w00t!) but idc what they errata it to bc it's for casual play at home bc I heart x-men

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Miss Minutes is Banned

Why? It seems like the theme would prevent her use anyway.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Red posted:

Why? It seems like the theme would prevent her use anyway.
Because her entire gimmick is punishing teams that use multiples of a single character, and that event is all about encouraging people to use multiples of a single character. If she wasn't banned she'd be a no-brainer to include -- an opponent with a force of at least four Spider-Mans and Miss Minutes on his team could have beaten morand in literally two turns.

I couldn't make it to the event because my niece was having a dance recital. If I had, I would've brought D+, WK, and WotR Scarlet Witch, and D+ U, SR, and SR Prime Vision. Oh well.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Because her entire gimmick is punishing teams that use multiples of a single character, and that event is all about encouraging people to use multiples of a single character. If she wasn't banned she'd be a no-brainer to include -- an opponent with a force of at least four Spider-Mans and Miss Minutes on his team could have beaten morand in literally two turns.

Ohhh, I see now, the "multiverse" theme wasn't required. I missed that on the first read-through.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Red posted:

Ohhh, I see now, the "multiverse" theme wasn't required. I missed that on the first read-through.

So I'm starting to see unboxing videos for X of swords, my store still has "2022" as the release date for the set, any idea when we can expect these to hit the shelves?

Also, I have $230 worth of chase/SR primes in 4 figures, how much of a pipe dream is trading up to venom mags?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

PleasantDirge posted:

So I'm starting to see unboxing videos for X of swords, my store still has "2022" as the release date for the set, any idea when we can expect these to hit the shelves?

Also, I have $230 worth of chase/SR primes in 4 figures, how much of a pipe dream is trading up to venom mags?

Depends on what you have and what they want. Honestly if you really want one I'd say sell the pieces and use the cash to buy one

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

PleasantDirge posted:

July, probably?

Also you should be able to just ebay those figures, buy a venom mags, and pocket the remaining cash. Now admittedly I haven't checked what he's going for lately, so let me just pull up ebay while I take a nice big drink and keep the liquid in my mouth

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
X of swords is supposed to drop the week of August 3rd with pre releases the week before. At least that's what I remember fron the Scott porter unboxing.

Also I recently read x of swords by grabbing it from my local library, it's a good read, high recommend.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
is this exapnsion just xmen but they got swords now

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

John Romero posted:

is this exapnsion just xmen but they got swords now
That plus some funky mutants who live on Mars.

I didn't think the comic event was that good either, the entire plot seemed to be this:

Saturnyne: Hey Brian Braddock, wanna gently caress
Brian: No, I'm married
*a bunch of largely stakes-free random bullshit happens*
Saturnyne: So can we gently caress now
Brian: Still married

THE END

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It brought Arakko to Earth, which leads into the colonization of Mars.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Yeah, X of Swords was a weird event. Everything leading up to it was very cool. Almost everything that spun out of it was very cool. I really hated most of the event books themselves. Ten issues of the X-Men picking out their swords, then nine issues of Saturnyne making them play board games and have dance contests against extra-dimensional demon mutants, and then one issue of 'nothing leading up to this mattered, we're gonna fight now'.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was 300 points, limit of 3 figures on your sideboard.

Next week is my 300 modern age event, so the venue decided to use today as a practice day for next week. So teams were a much higher level then they usually are since it was essentially high stakes playtesting.

I ran a “Latveria” team of

Doom the annihilating conqueror
Agatha
The Flash from WW80 x 2
Molecule Man
HOX Bishop.

Doom would swap at the beginning of the game into the Sorcerer Supreme.

Round 1 versus mystical

Blackheart at full
Chase WOR Dr. Strange
The Scarlet witch with multiple passengers and tk
Billy from D+

I blitzed his Scarlet Witch with Flash and hurt Dr. Strange. I lost Flash for it but that took away his mobility. He had fits with molecule man (Jesus his errata buffed him) Agatha also tuned him a few times so he would choose to KO his guards to buff his tentpole but he couldn’t get many shots on me and I won 80-30.

Round 2 versus the player Andy and I bitch about all the time.

The player who is the reason there has to be a sideline limit.

They ran

Chase D+ Witch
Chase D+ Agatha
WOR Wiccan who buffs defenses

Sideline of Destroyer Prime, A Skrull, and a Sentinel.

I won map, and chose the Madripool chase map from D+ because it limited their Agatha.

They moved up, and had both witches buff their defenses. I Perplexed my Flashes attack to a 13, TK’d them and charged their Wiccan twice to KO then both. The player kinda laughed at me for doing it cause I killed an attacker to ko their support. Except for the fact that Wiccan is 50 points and Flash is just 30.

The rest of the game I used the blocking of the map and molecule man to deny them ever having an attack on me. The only time this player rolled their dice for the entire game was for initiative. Against anyone else I wouldn’t have done it but against them it was so satisfying to watch their brain literally break when they realized I was doing their exact same bullshit against them. They muttered how the game was loving bullshit afterwards and I just roared with laughter inside.

Round 3 versus Andy’s Hodgepodge of meta

Agatha
Sakarrian Iron Man
Venom Magneto at lowest
HOX Bishop
Marvella
Felix Faust at lower
WW80 Commissioner at lower
The cloak from D+

I think that is it

Anywho I lost map due to a crit miss on map. Andy did some first turn equipping and slight positioning which I did too. We both also made shards. The turning point came when he moved his force just close enough for Flash to blitz him and that’s what I did. KOing both Marvella and Venom Magneto. I lost flash but didn’t care. Iron man came way down and tried to hit Agatha but crit missed. Agatha, Bishop, and Molecule Man outwitted sidestep, HSS, and the damage power of Sim. Agatha KO’d commissioner and molecule man walked her in to keep her safe. SIM tried to charge Molecule Man but missed. Agatha moved down and couldn’t get a shot on anyone. I pointed out to Andy how he was about to get a Rune dropped on him and Agatha was screwed because Doom and Bishop could and would KO her and SIM would be next. He agreed and called it.

Well that was some cheese bullshit. Not gonna do that again for awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Not gonna do that again for awhile
Are you sure

Morand posted:

Next week is my 300 modern age event