Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

You think bootstrap themes are easy to replace? You think you can just ctrl+f and replace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

NOW WERE TALKIN WOO

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

stable doors coin

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

All the crypto is going to the moon! It's just that the moon happens to be in the other direction.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zemeckis warned them with Moonfall but nobody paid attention

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1524726465387974656?t=jp0sBCompZwAmA0VV8NTrg&s=19

It's up to 1.8bn now so that's half of tethers cash gone if it has as much as it says it does.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

If.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/LucasOfSunshine/status/1524533856929472512

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

currency of the future, baby. why wait 10 years for economic collapses when you can have them daily?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/08/bitcoin-in-new-york-eric-adams-says-crypto-should-be-taught-in-school.html posted:

In an interview with CNN’s “State of the Union,” Eric Adams said that bitcoin is the “new way of paying for goods and services throughout the entire globe” and that schools “must” teach the technology behind it, as well as “this new way of thinking.”

Last week, Adams said that once he took office in January, he would take his first three paychecks in bitcoin. The mayor-elect is also considering launching a New York-specific cryptocurrency to rival the success of MiamiCoin – a plan which has reportedly already been put into motion.

at least he was smart enough to limit the number of paychecks in crypto from the start

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

eric adams should have to pay a lot more than that to be mayor

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Amazing lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

at least he was smart enough to limit the number of paychecks in crypto from the start

im "the success of MiamiCoin"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Chalks posted:

Yes, billion of UST will be burned, and LUNA will be diluted significantly. Nevertheless, there are no limit in LUNA supply, this market mechanism will actually work to bring stable UST and stable LUNA price (although likely at lower price point for LUNA).

so I haven't paid a ton of attention to crypto in years, but I thought the whole thing with this nonsense was that unlike, say, United States dollars, these things have value because there's a limited supply.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

that's only really a thing for the two big ones (original butts and eth) at this point, everything else just prints more "money" whenever they feel like it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

they have value because they're backed by math, and everyone knows math = money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

just ask any math major, if you can get a minute of their time while they're on their superyachts

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

so I haven't paid a ton of attention to crypto in years, but I thought the whole thing with this nonsense was that unlike, say, United States dollars, these things have value because there's a limited supply.

The supply of some of the coins is fixed. The supply of the fake money used to buy and pump the value of those coins is not fixed.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

So the claim goes.

There's also a limited supply of autographed selfies of myself out there but no one wants to give me any money for them.

In other words...

https://twitter.com/Civ4TechQuotesE/status/895587746500141056

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

crypto continues to innovate in ways the financial world has never seen before

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-12/terra-etp-plunges-99-as-crypto-chaos-triggers-historic-declines?srnd=premium-europe posted:

The 21Shares Terra ETP (ticker: LUNA SW) tumbled 99% to 0.01 Swiss Francs on Thursday, having closed at 22.29 Swiss Francs on May 6. That was before the TerraUSD stablecoin, to which Luna is linked, crashed from its dollar peg -- triggering a collapse in Luna’s price. The VanEck Terra ETN (VLNA GR) dropped by a similar magnitude.

While it’s hard to track one-day declines for all ETPs since many end up delisted, it looks like the worst day for a product ever seen

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

The quantity of their stablecoin, UST, is supposedly limited. The quantity of their cryptocurrency LUNA, which is what backs UST (and what they sell in order to fund UST redemptions) is unlimited. If a voice in your head just said "wait a second, that doesn't make sense", yes, correct, it does not make sense, you have a better understanding of this than Do Kwon, creator of UST and LUNA.

Chalks posted:

"Yes, billion of UST will be burned, and LUNA will be diluted significantly. Nevertheless, there are no limit in LUNA supply, this market mechanism will actually work to bring stable UST and stable LUNA price (although likely at lower price point for LUNA)."

Well, if it goes to $0.00 forever, then that is in fact a stable price that is lower than the previous price point, so technically he's correct!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Let the Moon fall
When it crumbles
We will hodl
Face it all together

Let the Luna fall
When it crumbles
We will hodl
Face it all together

At moonfall
At moonfall

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I don't know what's happening but I hope bitcoin dries up

epitaph
Dec 31, 2008

metaverse is over guys, back to election misinformation

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

akadajet posted:

I don't know what's happening but I hope bitcoin dries up

ransomware dried up since russia locked itself away from the world's internet and as a result crypto volume cratered and a few cashouts plus people running arbitrage attacks against dumb contracts have caused prices to plummet and a lot of idiots to have massive losses.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

he got paid more than he earned :mad:

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Blotto_Otter posted:

The quantity of their stablecoin, UST, is supposedly limited. The quantity of their cryptocurrency LUNA, which is what backs UST (and what they sell in order to fund UST redemptions) is unlimited. If a voice in your head just said "wait a second, that doesn't make sense", yes, correct, it does not make sense, you have a better understanding of this than Do Kwon, creator of UST and LUNA.

yeah, thats what you think, fiat-aliure.

if value = cap / n, and cap is a finite amount of money added to the system, then as n tends to infinity, value tends to zero.
as he says, supply is unlimited, and the value is merely reverting to the natural, mathematical, level for an unlimited resource
he is technically correct, which is the best kind

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
bitcoin will probably never hit zero because of of the liquidity of darknet drugs

crypto has always been crowd sourced money laundering, you're not suppose to invest in it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

e-dt posted:

Tether is untethered, Luna has done the exact opposite of go "to the moon"... but in good news for crypto investors, LoseMoneyCoin is continuing to work as designed.

lol read this in norm weekend update voice

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

e-dt posted:

Tether is untethered, Luna has done the exact opposite of go "to the moon"... but in good news for crypto investors, LoseMoneyCoin is continuing to work as designed.

"To the moon" became "Straight down to hell"

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

i realised that if you just make a coin up, it won't be worth anything, but who would have thought if you made two coins up, neither would be worth anything??

anyway, i'll let you know when my triple coin algorithm is complete

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

epitaph posted:

metaverse is over guys, back to election misinformation
they were supposedly spending $10bn/year on metaverse /vr stuff and that division supposedly had 18000 employees

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FMguru posted:

they were supposedly spending $10bn/year on metaverse /vr stuff and that division supposedly had 18000 employees

Then they realized that they didn't want to be Second Life 2.0 and the entire point of Meta being a misdirection to get people to ignore the bad press over FB passed.

Now they don't care.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

ransomware dried up since russia locked itself away from the world's internet and as a result crypto volume cratered and a few cashouts plus people running arbitrage attacks against dumb contracts have caused prices to plummet and a lot of idiots to have massive losses.

man why didn't we cut russia off from the internet sooner this is great

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat
Man... I was really gunning to be a VR content moderator / child development social worker. Guess that's out now.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

post hole digger posted:

lol read this in norm weekend update voice

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

alex jones just got a big crypto payment and you can bet your rear end he cashed out immediately. the volume in the btc world is so thin, that his million dollar cashout or whatever could crater the price as well.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
besides being media distraction meta was about scanning the inside of your house using a vr helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
this guy is impossible to parody

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1524763935035072519

you have to see the video to believe it

and no, the verge were not the ones to censor the thing strapped to his face