Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kind of weird to sell a framed personal message from the cast of your tv show

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i'm sure the wachowskis didn't funnel their profits into crypto and that's definitely not the reason why they have to do a fire sale

there’s actually no way they could have lost enough money on crypto for them to resort to auctioning trinkets online. they’re the kind of rich where you can’t go bankrupt, they own lucrative capital that constantly prints them money

e: drat the lightning gun went for $78,000. out the nerd, Lana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

indigi posted:

there’s actually no way they could have lost enough money on crypto for them to resort to auctioning trinkets online. they’re the kind of rich where you can’t go bankrupt, they own lucrative capital that constantly prints them money

*checks box office receipts for the matrix resurrections, a steaming pile of cryptopunk horseshit*

ummm

surely these libertarian nerds didn't invest in crypto. certainly not.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that isn’t even tangential to the point I was making but go off prince

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

indigi posted:

kind of weird to sell a framed personal message from the cast of your tv show

“Our love letter / to you Lana / Thank you for this / incredible journey / with all our love / and gratitude / the 8’s”

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

indigi posted:

that isn’t even tangential to the point I was making but go off prince

their decades old "lucrative" ip that "prints money" definitely is still worth it, yet everything must go!

nothing to see here. totally normal.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

45 years later, usenet still ftw.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I suppose the trans filmmakers with a history of trans advocacy may not send that money to the well known charities and nonprofits

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:hmmyes:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

indigi posted:

I suppose the trans filmmakers with a history of trans advocacy may not send that money to the well known charities and nonprofits

this but unironically

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I mean is there reason to think she is lying about where the funds are going? I don't understand any reaction to that tweet that isn't "huh, neat fundraising gimmick"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

The Fool posted:

I mean is there reason to think she is lying about where the funds are going? I don't understand any reaction to that tweet that isn't "huh, neat fundraising gimmick"

yeah man rich people totally don't lie about their charitable contributions, ever

idk maybe i'm too jaded from the horrifying hellscape the world has become, and don't get me wrong here: i'd actually love to be wrong on this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

http://auctions.potterauctions.com/_Caine_Wise_Screen_Worn_Gravity_Boots_from_Jupiter-LOT55217.aspx

they dont even say what size these boots are, how am i supposed to bid on these

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It says it in the second sentence.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It says it in the second sentence.

oh goddammit

my size too

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1524466500417073153

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

i watched this again last weekend for beltane and followed it up with a first-time-for-me viewing of 'lair of the white worm' and boy howdy did those pair very well together

great 'lol gently caress your christian god that doesn't even do anything' vibes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Beltane

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

psiox posted:

boy howdy did those pair very well together

beltane braces

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

beltane braces
sing this song
doo-dah
doo-dah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Endless Mike posted:

i've been catching up on this season of riverdale. one of these is a made up plot:

cheryl blossom is actually her immortal witch great grandmother. sabrina the teenage witch guest stars.

archie learns he has a secret child who was abducted by aliens and aged in fast motion to be the same age as the main cast

jughead discovers he's trapped in a parallel universe in which season 1 reggie appears and duels season 2+ reggie for veronica

lol it must own so hard to be a writer for riverdale. everything i've heard about that show is just the most off the wall poo poo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
and literally every time i see reference to the show my mind replays that gag from the simpsons where the archie crew throws homer simpson out of their jalopy and moose says "duhhhh, stay outta riverdale!" and i chuckle

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I mean, if someone told me that Homer Simpson shows up on the live-action Riverdale show somehow, I wouldn't not believe it. I'd go and check.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol it must own so hard to be a writer for riverdale. everything i've heard about that show is just the most off the wall poo poo

surprise twist: the writers were GPT-3 all along

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night's evening feature: Goodfellas

An excellent film but I would like to have seen them shift the henry sellout point like fifteen minutes earlier in the film. It feels stapled on at the end even though like the very thing that made him distinctive amongst mob guys was his turn

may have been pesci's all time career high point

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

last night's evening feature: Goodfellas

An excellent film but I would like to have seen them shift the henry sellout point like fifteen minutes earlier in the film. It feels stapled on at the end even though like the very thing that made him distinctive amongst mob guys was his turn

may have been pesci's all time career high point

the movie is better than the book

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also lol at watching goodfellas for the first time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
who said i watched it for the first time?

im just old as gently caress and the last time i watched all this poo poo i wasnt old enough to buy beer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

who said i watched it for the first time?

im just old as gently caress and the last time i watched all this poo poo i wasnt old enough to buy beer

yeah you're watching it for the first time

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
have you watched Scarface yet?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
whatever reality you choose to believe

And yes to your second post, though again i was like 19

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

whatever reality you choose to believe

And yes to your second post, though again i was like 19

you didn't like apocalypse now, but you should watch scarface now that you're old

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
probably. i was also thinking about Sleepers, i thought that was a pretty good film when i saw it years ago, wonder if its worth a rewatch

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

probably. i was also thinking about Sleepers, i thought that was a pretty good film when i saw it years ago, wonder if its worth a rewatch

it's forgettable 90s crap

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
seconding scarface, it's just incredibly well made. most of what i remember about it is the atmosphere

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

seconding scarface, it's just incredibly well made. most of what i remember about it is the atmosphere

scarface is a gusano

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't think I've ever seen Goodfellas.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lots of spectacular 60s/70s car footage in that one. youd probably dig

the fuckin sleds they roll around in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Goodfellas.

I think it's too much for you lol