Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fellis posted:

How we feeling bitter thread? The redraw is recovering some of the message in a way that lines up better with the redraw’s changes in general, but at the expense of Saitama being out-of-character IMO. Him seemingly understanding what’s going on (He references the kid who I don’t think he should be aware of?) and trolling Garou is just not my bumbling bored depressed superhero, but I think Garou now has some room to get angry and turn the corner on realizing how helpless and normal he is comparatively.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
idk if I spoiler this discussion about the manga. so I'll just do it. So is bang's crew gonna take the place of the hero association members for the end of this arc? They're the ones trying to kill garou despite saitama saying no?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Blast isn't Bang, but yeah that may be the case, or else the serious table flip might be rather tame

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
blast most certainly is not bang lol. whoops.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lmao that blasts crew is half people saitama atomized already

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lmao that blasts crew is half people saitama atomized already

Who else is there besides the Boros looking guy?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who else is there besides the Boros looking guy?

The lion headed man, wasn't there one of those pulverized by Saitama?

Edit: Yeah, Beast King

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
An alternate reality where villains are heroes and vice versa?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Mraagvpeine posted:

That would make the main story take place in the alternate reality, right? With God being a villain for the story.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah this is basically an entirely new story at this point. I wonder what will happen with the rest of the webcomic

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Yeah this is basically an entirely new story at this point. I wonder what will happen with the rest of the webcomic

Part of me wonders if the reason ONE hasn't updated the webcomic for so long is that it's no longer properly set-up to tell the story he wants to tell at this point.

Hope that isn't the case...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Please no I'm tired of multiverse bullshit in my fiction. gently caress you Marvel :argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Still hoping that it keeps being something of a loose adaption because I want to see the Tatsumaki fight in Murata style. Some great jokes there.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

mabels big day posted:

Yeah honestly it makes me feel a bit better its diverging this hard. I can see where this is going and it looks a bit shallower but also way neater than the next thing the webcomic was setting up

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Please no I'm tired of multiverse bullshit in my fiction. gently caress you Marvel :argh:

It could just be a single parallel dimension, which is generally more palatable than infinite universes.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

gently caress you Marvel :argh:

Multiverse is mainly a DC creation.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

Multiverse is mainly a DC creation.

Mostly referring to the current phase for their cinematic universe. I stopped caring about DC's multiverse shenanigans during flashpoint.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Maybe Blast just picks the strongest beings out of time and space and reforming them to make his team whereas Saitama just winds up punching them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The junk collector posted:

Maybe Blast just picks the strongest beings out of time and space and reforming them to make his team whereas Saitama just winds up punching them.

Maybe Saitama Isekai's people with each punch.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Siiiiiggghhhhh

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Guy A. Person posted:

Siiiiiggghhhhh

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Just... please do the Tatsumaki fight right. I've stopped caring about the rest.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bees x1000 posted:

Just... please do the Tatsumaki fight right. I've stopped caring about the rest.

This is what I have been thinking to myself over the past dozen releases

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This is going to be like when Naruto Talk-no-Jutsu'd Pain except I can't even pretend it's an earned moment.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Diplomacy still has a chance to fail.
Blast and friends might take the role sweet mask and the others had and ruin saitamas careful mentoring

I have some renewed faith in the manga since its doing something new and that makes sense for the direction its been heading. In that Garou doesnt believe in his own ultimate evil schtick as much as the WC, and part of him already knows it, consideting his actions and interactions with the cast.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 17, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bees x1000 posted:

Yes I am really looking forward to this. But also I am hoping they do justice to Flashy Flash and Sonic continually building up the impossible threat of their cruel and vile master who they must band together to defeat.... only to find Saitama chilling out there instead saying,"Oh yeah some rude guy attacked me so I punched him into bloody-mist. You guys want his stuff?"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yes I am really looking forward to this. But also I am hoping they do justice to Flashy Flash and Sonic continually building up the impossible threat of their cruel and vile master who they must band together to defeat.... only to find Saitama chilling out there instead saying,"Oh yeah some rude guy attacked me so I punched him into bloody-mist. You guys want his stuff?"

Saitama will throw a punch so fast he won't be able to see it and then clothesline himself on his arm and be knocked unconscious immediately.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Something that just occurred to me: Psyrochi slicing off that piece of the Earth with her big psychic beam is basically the perfect set up for Saitama using it for the serious table flip.

I would bet that Saitama will be taken to the bottom of the sea (maybe from a return of Evil Natural Water) and will flip that Earth slice for some reason.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

He's going to flip the table that they're sitting at right now, actually

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Why not both? One can even foretell the other!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God is one of us and literally put their foot down.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I wonder where the impetus for the rewrites is coming from. Guessing there is a thread on twitter or 2ch or wherever where the bitter Japanese webcomic readers are bitching at ONE, but its causing things to become worse

Or he’s just writing into a corner and having to bail out. This is even dumber, but seems like it’ll flow into the God/Bang arc even faster if they are wrapping this up.

ugh

E: just want to state this was pre-translation but it looks dumb

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Yeah it seems really loving weird to put this chapter out then rewrite it to be completely different before the next chapter is out

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I think the issue is that people are thinking the online chapters are the final releases, when they're not. It's the tankobon releases that are the final version. We're not getting the final product, we're getting the rough drafts. They're highly polished rough drafts, but they're still up for being completely reworked on a whim.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

skaianDestiny posted:

I think the issue is that people are thinking the online chapters are the final releases, when they're not. It's the tankobon releases that are the final version. We're not getting the final product, we're getting the rough drafts. They're highly polished rough drafts, but they're still up for being completely reworked on a whim.

Most of the other redraws were to insert some foreshadowing of future events or to make Phoenixman seem more badass. This one takes a completely different fork in the road and (pre-translation) seems to take away Saitama's soft handed approach to someone who isn't really a villain.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad about the later part.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So this is like the third consecutive time where Garou is actually in a position to do something "evil" but his autonomy is robbed from him so it's not actually him consciously doing the "evil" things. So for the surface part of this raid Garou has probably only done good things by proxy or intent because he's a good boy.

Yeah I get the manga is it's own thing but it's loving boring we didn't get a proper villain in Garou among many other missing moments.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't really remember coming off the webcomic thinking Garou was much of a villain either outside of beating up charanko and rider.

E:And some A classes.

Like, there's more of an illusion of villainishess in the webcomic so that when the Saitama fight starts and he immediately gets exposed as a poser it's like "Oh poo poo yeah. He kind of is just acting. He ain't really the big villain at all."

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

That’s correct, but only to the audience. The world and S-classes all think he’s the greatest calamity ever and in the redraw that isnt true at all. It undermines a ton of the themes, especially the whole part of Saitama himself bringing out the true character of people by nature of him looking like a doofus but being the strongest

E: the only way i see this working is if saitama just no-sells this new form as well, but i dont think that’s going to happen

Fellis fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Feels like Murata remembered he wanted to draw the table flip.