Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

73 minutes so it's not crazy long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

IT'S A DOUBLE ALBUM :vince:

e: Also The Heart Part 5 isn't on it

Have any of the heart tracks been on an album? Always figured they were side deals.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

2 miinutes into the first song AOTY

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skeezy posted:

Have any of the heart tracks been on an album? Always figured they were side deals.
Yeah I didn't think it would be, this just confirms it

His flows on United In Grief are crazy, jeez

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

oh my god theres a motherFUCKING SAMPHA FEATURE ON THIS poo poo ASHAGHAGHASHGASHGH

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's here!!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

40 lbs to freedom posted:

oh my god theres a motherFUCKING SAMPHA FEATURE ON THIS poo poo ASHAGHAGHASHGASHGH
And Beth Gibbons of Portishead :getin:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ghostface is on track 9, Kodak black on 12. Beth gibbons from Portishead is on this too wtf

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
Long track lists were a big selling point for me when you had to actually pay money for individual albums. Busta Rhymes was a favourite because heaps of his albums would have well over 17-18 tracks. Now I groan if I see a track list longer than 16 or so.

Anyway, time to listen to new Kendrick!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gently caress a double album these songs have enough loving words per minute for a quadruple

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Sheesh this goes haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
YOU UGLY AS gently caress

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Chris Brown - Indigo (123:00)
Chris Brown - Indigo Extended (159:00)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Father Time is a revelation

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
WHY IS KODAK ALL OVER THE ALBUM

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lin manuel going to slit his wrists over never being able to write something like we cry together ever in his life

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Skip after skip on this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

40 lbs to freedom posted:

lin manuel going to slit his wrists over never being able to write something like we cry together ever in his life
https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1524971766602469378

lmao

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Is n95 about how Capital is using the pandemic to tighten their grip on everyone?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

count me out is just a donda track im laughing really hard at this

this album kinda fell off after 3 songs but theres some good stuff in here at least

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

t a s t e posted:

Skip after skip on this
To quote Crown: "I can't please everybody"

Silent Hill's beat :eyepop:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/smokeismedicine/status/1524912949881475072?s=21&t=z7OkHqdCSTqCIaghOZ_ICA

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

crown is cool as hell, i love that it's like a fully developed track and not just some little 2 minute sketch like i thought it would be at first

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We Cry Together :stonk:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

we cry together was so loving funny because the whole time im listening to it im just like "this is going to have a really loving stupid ending isnt it" and i was right, dumbass song only saved at all by a really drat good performance by taylour paige

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Disc 2 >>>>>>> Disc 1

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e posted:

kendrick continues to go downhill since sec80

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Oh my god the ending of Auntie Diaries

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
He went there lmao and then called himself out

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Idk how I feel about Auntie Diaries after first listen. Like Kendrick's a storyteller and he's telling stories here, but he's still dropping f-bombs and misgendering and deadnaming trans people while doing so, which I'm not down with.

The beat on Mr. Morale went hard

It's soooooooooo good to hear Beth Gibbons again, god drat

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 13, 2022

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the mr morale beat is nuts and i was simultaneously surprised and unsurprised when i saw the producer

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
lots of beautiful music on this

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

If it was just the back 9 it would be an 11/10

I’m more unsure about the first half, and I think while I liked it in the moment as I think about We Cry Together more it gets more cringe saved by the fact that both Kendrick and Taylour Paige are both good, charismatic rappers

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

what a weird fuckin album. kinda reminds me of donda in that it's going get a lot more traction as a conversation piece than as a record on its own, and it'll probably end up as a footnote in kendrick's discography, but it's a hell of a lot more coherent than donda ever was and kendrick writes far more complete songs than kanye can these days

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

After first listen, it's definitely not my favorite Kendrick project. While there was a lot of good on there, there was also some not so good. I'm gonna have to listen to the whole thing again with the lyrics in front of me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Taylour Paige was really the standout on the first part of the album.

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
what Kanye song does it sound like he is reinterpreting on the outro for silent hill

e: it’s wolves

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This Album sucks.

Like if I want to look at it academically, he is very good at rapping, but there is jack poo poo on this album that pulls me in, or makes me want to listen to it again.

This is by far his worst project by a few magnitudes.

https://twitter.com/abovethebreak3/status/1524986142067548160

Which is fine, it's clear he's working on some personal poo poo, but man that was not appealing to listen to at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's very much his Donda, but that had Off the Grid and Believe what I say. This is just, nothing.