Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I wonder what happened to the guy who got heat stroke from his mining equipment

that original was I think shown to be fake, however it has since actually happened to someone else so it balances out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

Boxturret posted:

luke-jr, the one proponent of tonal number systems

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tonal_Bitcoin

What the gently caress lol

quote:

Instead of counting: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, etc... In tonal, you would count: an, de, ti, go, su, by, ra, me, ni, ko, hu, vy, la, po, fy, ton, ton-an, etc... This means you get common binary divisions like one sixteenth (0.0625 in decimal) as a clean number: 0.1 in tonal.

Bitcoin is many things to many people, and not everyone has the same ideals or goals in mind. For people who use the Tonal number system, Bitcoin's ability to adapt to it is a "killer feature", and gives them reason to prefer it over their local fiat currencies.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Paladinus posted:

Lmao, that one was the best. It was something insane like melting two 50% silver ingots together and trying to sell it as 100% silver.

it was like having a tiny pelet of 99% pure silver and adding it to a bunch of impure islver and acting like it raised the whole thing up to 90

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Boxturret posted:

it was like having a tiny pelet of 99% pure silver and adding it to a bunch of impure islver and acting like it raised the whole thing up to 90

so, basically buttcoin, but with silver? have any of them turned blue from chugging colloidal silver yet?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Boxturret posted:

one weird trick, metallurgists hate it!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah everyone knows that only works with purestrain gold

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

oh man this makes me nostalgic for looking at lovely mining rig photos again

also lol:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I tried skipping through some of the clips of Bruce's bitcoin show on youtube, and I'm surprised he managed to make like 50+ of them. They're one hour each, so hard to pick out the nuggets, but I was reminded of some random things like Charlie Shrem's punchable face, Meze Grill, hearing Karpeles (who did nothing wrong) talking.

my favorite parts were his guests who were always 'on the way to the airport' and if you paid attention for a couple minutes they were just driving in circles

i remember the first 'conference' at his studio and some poor girl got cornered by some actually, dude for over a loving hour

mrmcd posted:

Lol forgot about Meze Grill.

pay with bit coin !!

I haven't posted in a Bitcoin thread in a long time but I'm wondering if anyone knows what #include means

:allears:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

the site is a great repository of bitcoin lols from years past

that brings me back to happier times :allears:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

graph posted:

i remember the first 'conference' at his studio and some poor girl got cornered by some actually, dude for over a loving hour

lol when some rando just walked in off the street, grabbed a laptop lying on a table, and walked out on camera

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i remember reading yospos back when asics first became a thing and butterfly labs was sending out just the worst poo poo to buttcoiners

gently caress how long ago was that

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kill All Cops posted:

total supply is over 2 trillion in the <30 mins since that tweet

https://fcd.terra.dev/v1/circulatingsupply/luna

6.5 trillion now

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

neutral milf hotel posted:

6.5 trillion now

why in the actual gently caress are they doing this if the price hit 0 and isn't moving?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Beeftweeter posted:

why in the actual gently caress are they doing this if the price hit 0 and isn't moving?

because it's how the coin was designed, they're not doing it, its happening automatically

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

relax, it's decentralized

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

the system was designed so when terra goes down in value, luna goes up in supply. automatically, with no human involvement or intervention possible

they didn't anticipate that terra would go down in value just about as far as it is possible to go down. the "mint luna" dial is nailed to the redline

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ2qBlrW9vw

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

when all you have is an autonomous hammering machine, everything is a nail

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/stat...ber%3D1464pti36

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

“you’re trading it wrong” says the decentralized free market

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

is this from the chernobyl hbo show?

Stephen Harper
Apr 13, 2011

Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it.
just let it keep printing, eventually it'll hit an integer overflow and the problem will take care of itself

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Juul-Whip posted:

all those gifs were I think

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Juul-Whip posted:

Yup. Best scene.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
watch if you haven't already, its one of the few shows in the last decade I thought about for days after watching

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

How do they reverse transactions?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Perplx posted:

watch if you haven't already, its one of the few shows in the last decade I thought about for days after watching

yeah the first two eps especially

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gschmidl posted:

How do they reverse transactions?

it’s probably like a credit card charge back except way way dumber.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the moon and back, it aint that far

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/greybtc/status/1524326232174780417

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im here posting

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haahahahhahahahahahahaha

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:hmmyes:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Paladinus posted:

Lmao, that one was the best. It was something insane like melting two 50% silver ingots together and trying to sell it as 100% silver.

you mean to tell me three wood cubes don't make a stick? all my minecraft experience is wrong?!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

you should have to give up your blue checkmark if you got it for crypto bullshit and then lost all your money

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I wonder how much of this is larping and trolling - that fryer is from a 2020 reddit post

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Literally the next post, in his own reply, is that it's a joke.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Agile Vector posted:

you mean to tell me three wood cubes don't make a stick? all my minecraft experience is wrong?!

it’s 2 wood planks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this was posted in one of the threads a long time ago and I have no idea what the deal with this video is but it always made me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3vB8D-SRMI