Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
If you bought the diamond one you should get $100 back right?

Edit: shameful snipe. I played battlegrounds earlier and I love that everytime a new tribe gets introduced the meta is "rush to this tribe" because they're always op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

Edit: shameful snipe. I played battlegrounds earlier and I love that everytime a new tribe gets introduced the meta is "rush to this tribe" because they're always op

Happened with Pirates, happened with Quillboar. I'm havin fun babiiii.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

PneumonicBook posted:

I think it was $30. I mean, I bought mine with gold anyway because I have a huge excess of it.

IMO the issue is exacerbated in part due to the Drek/Vann contest. The cool kids who picked Horde (like me) already got him as gold, but I wanted the diamond card anyway. However, the majority of the player base picked Alliance, it's been discussed here and elsewhere that some of picking Alliance was attemptrng to game theory getting their desired card (diamond Drek) without doing anything except oops, all Alliances!

So while everyone got the diamond Vann dropped in their lap, there were still a fair number of people that wanted their diamond Drek. (It actually showed up in Mercenaries first, but you can't craft it and it's a very low chance to get due to how drops work there, and I will admit I giggled when I saw it.) Blizzard ultimately obliged - but the fatal mistake was offering it for money, since 3K gold is not a trivial amount to grind out. Voila, one hot mess, served cold.

It also didn't help that they only offered the diamond card after the rotation, when he became a serious problem in Standard.

I think one of the devs has suggested giving people who bought it with cash something of equivalent value in the future like the next tavern pass + a hero skin in the event they nerf it, but that's still going to suck for people who plopped down the big bucks since they wouldn't see it for a while - if they don't quit.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

I wonder how Blizzard revenues and the game as a whole would change if for example, the battle pass gave you access to every standard card for the rotation and they focussed the in game economy on cosmetic upgrades like golden cards.

As a daily player buying the battlepass each time I have enough gold and dust to get pretty much every card I want anyway so they wouldn't be losing money from players like me.

It would also make it way more accessible for new players to be competitive and help help with experimenting with new decks.

They could still do card packs so you don't need the battlepass if you really want to grind out f2p. But maybe you could combine duplicate cards into gold cards or something as well as the new upgrade method.

I've only spent about 2 mins thinking about it so I'm sure there are plenty of holes in the idea.

It bugs me that they go to all the trouble of making golden cards which rarely see the light of day.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

gotta say i felt pretty safe here, sitting at 24 health with mankrik/wife, both pufferfists, drek'thar and kurtrus all gone

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Is anyone on to help me test something? I think I just found a neat bug and need someone to help me test it

Locke#1677

figured it out!

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 15, 2022

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

peer posted:

gotta say i felt pretty safe here, sitting at 24 health with mankrik/wife, both pufferfists, drek'thar and kurtrus all gone

Did he dupe some big statted minions with charge? Doesn't look like gg...

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Desdinova posted:

Did he dupe some big statted minions with charge? Doesn't look like gg...

The Predations were both zero-cost, which meant his hand added up to 26 damage

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I’m not seeing it either

4 spells means 4 procs on S’theno for 8 damage, 2 Predations are 6, Fel Barrage for 4 and Multi-Strike + hero power is 3, that’s 21 total

E: wait, hang on, didn’t realise that’s the Kurtrus hero power, ignore me I’m dumb

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 15, 2022

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The hero power refreshes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Yestermoment posted:

Happened with Pirates, happened with Quillboar. I'm havin fun babiiii.

Happened with Elementals so bad nerfs to Lil Rag and Genie were rushed out in the first week.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Finally played someone else with Nozdormu in their deck. That poo poo is HECTIC playing Mech Mage.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

PneumonicBook posted:

just your average bgs board here yessir

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
2/3 of my Noz games actually were against other Noz players and let me tell you I regret trying to play Nellie in those games.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I had 3/3 Noz games which was insane,I haven't had a single one I think since just after the quest was introduced.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
2/3 Noz games, won the two, lost the non-Noz. Quartermaster is what got yoinked for Noz:

### 2nd Place
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Nat Pagle
# 2x (2) Pursuit of Justice
# 2x (2) Rebuke
# 2x (3) Carnival Barker
# 2x (3) Day at the Faire
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 1x (4) Balloon Merchant
# 1x (4) Dun Baldar Bridge
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
# 1x (5) Quartermaster
#
AAEBAeq3BAanBfsI7A+C3gOH3gPnuAQM7Q+4xwLZxwKd7AKMrQOWtgPKwQOD3gOE3gOi3gP36AO9uAUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

IN BETTER NEWS apparently Nine Lives is fixed and I get to go update my Tonk baby.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
NINE LIVES IS BACK

### NineTonk
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 1x (2) Emergency Maneuvers
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Ice Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAePwBAbHD6CAA/GWA+OfBJmtBJS1BAyAB5zNAvKWA7acA5+lA/uvA6S5A4PiA8KABKuNBKmfBOSfBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don’t know if it’s a top tier deck or whatever, but abyssal curse deck is very very fun when it works out. My favorite play so far only happened because I had a coin that I held onto but it let me drop Brann, than the curse legendary minion and then Zola the gorgon.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I know Nagas are broken right now in Battlegrounds, but even if they weren't I'm not sure how Queen Azshara's hero power wouldn't break them just by it's existence.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don’t know if it’s a top tier deck or whatever, but abyssal curse deck is very very fun when it works out. My favorite play so far only happened because I had a coin that I held onto but it let me drop Brann, than the curse legendary minion and then Zola the gorgon.

Oh you can do some even crazier cost reduction poo poo than that. You don't have this bad boy in there? Pretty commonly close out games by dropping 4 curses from hand for a total of like 26 damage. It's not top tier but yeah when it works it's a blast

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
No!! I don’t! The list I stole it from doesn’t have that!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : you know what i havent played nearly enough curselock for my opinion to matter

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 16, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Rod is good but it definitely suffers right now from the amount of rustrot vipers being ran for the warrior/paladin/DH hate

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

NorgLyle posted:

I know Nagas are broken right now in Battlegrounds, but even if they weren't I'm not sure how Queen Azshara's hero power wouldn't break them just by it's existence.

I dont know if it'll fix everything, but the 3 star siren that triggers every buff at end of turn needs to go. Breaks so much and turns off a lot of the decision making the tribe is supposed to be about.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I'm having a lot of fun farming aggro rogue and quest hunter in wild with this:

### spell cthun
# Class: Druid
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Biology Project
# 1x (1) Naturalize
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 2x (4) Injured Marauder
# 2x (4) Oaken Summons
# 2x (4) Poison Seeds
# 1x (4) Twig of the World Tree
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (6) Spreading Plague
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAEBAe2/BAbpAZvoAtaZA4/OA7/gA4mLBAyKDqDNAp7SAoTmAr/yAo/2AuW6A4ngA4rgA9ToA6+ABK7ABAA=
#

On my first game with this I had 15 mana by turn 4 which is just filthy

(turn 2 wild growth on the coin, turn 3 twig, turn 4 guff and sphere)

There's probably decks that beat this easily, but I haven't faced any yet. It's more fun than playing standard right now at any rate, that's for sure.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I dont know if it'll fix everything, but the 3 star siren that triggers every buff at end of turn needs to go. Breaks so much and turns off a lot of the decision making the tribe is supposed to be about.

I don’t think that’s as much of the issue as the interaction where the buffs that the 3* naga triggers activate the 6* naga that gives the permanent buffs

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

No!! I don’t! The list I stole it from doesn’t have that!

What do your curselock decks look like? How do thet deal with someone loading their hand up to 10 cards so you can't be given or draw any curses? I played against one the other week and he pulled out some kind of otk or heavy minion board that I couldn't counter but I'm not sure if they just got lucky...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I don’t think that’s as much of the issue as the interaction where the buffs that the 3* naga triggers activate the 6* naga that gives the permanent buffs

It also activates the 5* that also gives permanent buffs and the 6* that gives 1-2 free Naga and the Naga that buffs itself everytime a spell is cast. It also let's you drop buffs on the Naga that keeps them permanently without the downside of not using them on your other Naga and weakening your team. At the very least I think it should bump up to a 5* unit.

Theyre kind of a needle edge tribe where the space between useless and overpowered is too small.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'd do something like this to Naga:
Move lava lurker to t3
Move corrupted myrmidon to t3 (or maybe even t2 since it is so weak without support.)
Move stormscale siren to t5 OR not have it count for Athissa
If they are still too strong you can change Athissa to only buff 3 times instead of 4.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Move stormscale siren to t5 OR not have it count for Athissa

siren not triggering athissa is the most obvious change/fix, but i'm expecting siren to go to tier 4 in addition

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

peer posted:

siren not triggering athissa is the most obvious change/fix, but i'm expecting siren to go to tier 4 in addition

It is the easiest, but I think this would be too much of a nerf since siren+Athissa are the only real late game scaling option they have.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Chernabog posted:

It is the easiest, but I think this would be too much of a nerf since siren+Athissa are the only real late game scaling option they have.

idk i think naga are so far ahead right now that a manually triggered athissa plus perhaps some eventide brutes and critter wranglers could still keep up with the scaling of most other tribes. could be wrong!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Perfect example, literally right now as I die as the Beasts player…

Players 1-5: Naga 7
Players 6-8: Beasts, Murlocs, Pirates (All Dead)

So 5 players are all contesting the one Minion tribe, and they’re *still* ahead, because the Minions themselves are that good. And the three players specifically not contesting a Tribe, so in theory have a full pool available are gone.

We’ve normalised ‘get the player base to test’ so much that we spend more time being the test bed than the actual players, it’s absurd.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Adjustments to Standard and Battlegrounds coming this week:

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1526280070603718656?t=Fm9RbFiJ-wwCJdGOhhno2Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/alkali_layke/status/1526286873361952768?t=FmdeJalTDGiBTiq6LSn2-A&s=19

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Standard nerfs: surely Quest Hunter, maybe Drek'thar? DH is strong but I've never felt it was oppressive, but 'popular aggro deck' is sometimes cause enough for them to nerf so maybe DH will get hit too (outside Drek'thar).

Standard buffs: anyone's guess!

edit: actually Multi-Strike could probably do with a nerf.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 17, 2022

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

if they dont nerf drek'thar people are going to be pissed. they have to nerf him. no other card really matters as much

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I could see some Priest cards like Serpent Wig and Azsharan Ritual getting buffs. They're board-based cards so they don't go too far into the miracle priest direction this threads hates, and Naga and Silence Priest both died as soon as the meta solidified. Maybe some buffs for Thief Rogue too, because it's a fun concept but it's only been really good as a gnoll delivery system this past year.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I love Thief Rogue but I'm not sure there's much space in the current pool for meaningful buffs. It simply needs more cards, and I expect it'll get them from this year's sets (and hopefully the upcoming mini-set) because they added some solid support for the archetype in the core set.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kalko posted:

Standard nerfs: surely Quest Hunter, maybe Drek'thar? DH is strong but I've never felt it was oppressive, but 'popular aggro deck' is sometimes cause enough for them to nerf so maybe DH will get hit too (outside Drek'thar).

Standard buffs: anyone's guess!

edit: actually Multi-Strike could probably do with a nerf.

Re: Quest hunter, do you think there are one or two cards they could change without touching the quest itself to bring it in line? I've played the deck a little and I feel like they'd have to hit the quest itself, all the actual damage spells are so interchangeable. Maybe add an extra spell requirement to one or two of the stages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The Multi-Strike / 1 Cost weapon interaction is going to take something, I'd expect - Easily doing 6-8 to face on Turn 3 whilst clearing (and scales further with other effects) is really, really strong.