Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
no

no i do not need my receipt

no!!! never! not for a... a... a bottle of water!!! who in fact does need receipts for that???

especially if you see me like every day. i stop here for gas every day. every day! and if i'm just buying a bottle of water, i definitely never need the receiptp

please

it has to stop

just

stop

asking

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

precision posted:

no

no i do not need my receipt

no!!! never! not for a... a... a bottle of water!!! who in fact does need receipts for that???

especially if you see me like every day. i stop here for gas every day. every day! and if i'm just buying a bottle of water, i definitely never need the receiptp

please

it has to stop

just

stop

asking

thank you

You buy a bottle of water every day? And gas??? You're the reason the planet is dying, op

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Lucky Guy posted:

You buy a bottle of water every day? And gas??? You're the reason the planet is dying, op

:hmmyes:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i just randomly take a receipt every now and then to spice life up

like aye why not, i will have a receipt thank you

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Official recipt
--------------++++
Bottle of water x.xx$
Penis servicing. x.xx$

Tot. X.xx$

Is that yours op? I found it on the floor.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
for every person like you there is a boomer who will get mad at the person behind the counter for forgetting to ask them if they want a receipt

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why not op

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

can I get an NFT for this bottle of water? It's the only true way to demonstrate ownership.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPq0-8dyl8I

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Revins posted:

for every person like you there is a boomer who will get mad at the person behind the counter for forgetting to ask them if they want a receipt

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
nah, im good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hosed the receipt

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I used to always get a receipt when I was really tight on money so I could enter what I was spending into my budgeting tracker and make sure I wasn't overspending.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
This was funnier when it was a Mitch Hedberg bit.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Shadow0 posted:

I used to always get a receipt when I was really tight on money so I could enter what I was spending into my budgeting tracker and make sure I wasn't overspending.

these days you can just do that in your bank app or on a notes app on your phone or whatever

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why do you buy a single bottle of water everyday OP?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

As god of all of time and space I was just about to end conceptual suffering but instead I guess ill just do away with paper receipts.

This time tomorrow they should no longer exist and if you bring it up no one will know what youre talking about youre welcome OP

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
lmao bottled water. enjoy your microplastics loser

oh wait they're in my water too

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

STABASS posted:

lmao bottled water. enjoy your microplastics loser

oh wait they're in my water too

Prob my favorite avatar on this site

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Hey guys I am somehow aware enough to know I buy a bottle of water every day but not aware enough to buy like a $4 thermos and just put water in it once a day when I leave.

You should also politely decline the receipt when you purchase your $4 thermos.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Just send all your receipts to me if you're going to be such a crybaby about it.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if you keep some receipts then you can leave them around your home and vehicle, and then if you need to cheer yourself up at anytime, you can make a little paper plane :unsmith:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

if you keep some receipts then you can leave them around your home and vehicle, and then if you need to cheer yourself up at anytime, you can make a little paper plane :unsmith:

you could do that with old world paper money now that it's worthless and we're switching to digital promise coins

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

counterpoint, the receipt from home depot i found in my trash proved that the termite exterminators who were here yesterday replaced my toilet with another toilet the exact same size but with a joke hole that's just for farts

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stop making threads OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:gas: thread ban OP

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Receipts really should be an on-demand thing. Just a bunch of extra pollution that most people don't even want in the first place. Although if a bunch of coastal states did this, Texas and Florida would probably respond by making them mandatory.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
how hard is it to say: No thank you?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

precision is very smart

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Peggy Edson posted:

precision is very smart

true, but, how does this matter about what we were talking about?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the point is that it's a microaggression and op shouldnt have to suffer them to get on with his day to day water bottle and gas buying life

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cashiers don't give a poo poo about what you do or don't need. they ask because that's the routine and it is easier than having, god forbid, a conversation about receipts after the transaction. are you gonna ask if stuff is free if they don't ring it up next, you worthless loving cracker?

i haven't worked retail in 20 years and i still hate the op, specifically.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the point is that it's a microaggression and op shouldnt have to suffer them to get on with his day to day water bottle and gas buying life

I think I hate you with every strand of my life.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

but without the receipt how are you going to know how much sales tax you paid at the end of the year when you itemize your deductions?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

when they ask for an email for an e-receipt, I type in somethingawful.com :smug:

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Revins posted:

And those of us that have to document our sweet sweet expense account purchases...... Every single one of them. No matter how small. The worst is start pumping gas. Go in and get some coffee on the company dime. Come out, hit the print receipt button on the gas pump, and trudge back inside because it doesn't print. And if they don't ask me, I go full boomer because if I forget I have to argue with accounting for an hour and 20 email exchanges. Don't judge me. The struggle is real.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I always ask for my receipt at the gas station so I can write off my expenses for my side job working the glory hole in the men’s room. A little slice of heaven in stall seven!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

We do not need to bring paper into this transaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its a habit op