Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Avalanche in 4
Flames in 6
Lightning in 6
Hurricanes in 5
PIM: 302

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Avs in 5
Oilers in 7
Panthers in 7
Rangers in 6

Total PIM 350 (which is the number of games times 7 minor penalties per game - there's more method than my goals prediction last round!)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Avalanche in 5
Panthers in 7
Rangers in 7
Flames in 6

PIM: 408

Colorado did the sweep as I predicted so I will still have them going through relatively easily. I still think they are too good to win the cup (I meant what I said).

The Battle of Florida will prolly be insane. Think this one is a coin flip. Still going with Panthers, prolly to the final.

NY is an obvious homer pick but I feel like them crawling their way to another Game 7 victory against another team that should most likely beat them just feels right. I continue to have little to no faith in them as contenders at this point but I love every time they prove me wrong.

I wanted Edmonton to collapse last round but they pulled through. I don’t think any team that takes that approach to roster building deserves to be rewarded.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Panthers in 6
Rangers in 6
Avalanche in 5
Flames in 7

Pims 402

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Blues in 6
Oilers in 5
Lightning in 5
Rangers in 6

PIM: 369

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Colorado in 5
Calgary in 7
NYR in 7
FLA in 7

298 PIM

deoju fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 16, 2022

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hmmmm

Avs in 6 I feel St. Louis is a better team than the one we swept last year, that and Colorado just seems to struggle in the second round but they're fully healthy this time
Oil in 7 if the BoA in the regular season is any indication, this is going to be a loving crazy series, no matter who wins
Canes in 6 I think the Rags' luck will run out and Shesterkin can't save them
Fancy Cats in 7 TB is too good to discount but dammit I want another Avs/Panthers cup final

330 PIM

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Avalanche in 5
Flames in 6
Lightning in 6
Hurricanes in 6
PIM: 270 540

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 17, 2022

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
I'm surprised at some of the low PIMs guesses... a game that gets out of control can easily exceed 100 PIM.

Like I think I'm light at 380... but I'm also not very good at predicting this sport.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I went no 7 gamers in the first round and this was a poor choice. So to rectify!

Panthers 7
Carolina 7
Edmonton 7
Colorado 7

PIM: 666

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Avs in 5
Canes in 6
Flames in 6
Panthers in 7

PIM: 336

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
hosed up my predictions a few posts back. Reposting so I don't get looked over, hope this doesn't cause a headache for somebody.

Colorado in 5
Calgary in 7
NYR in 7
FLA in 7

298 PIM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Misanthrope posted:

I'm surprised at some of the low PIMs guesses... a game that gets out of control can easily exceed 100 PIM.

Like I think I'm light at 380... but I'm also not very good at predicting this sport.

I might have started low putting low numbers into people’s heads, and it feels like a dick move to change it. In the First round there were over 1200. The dirtiest team in the playoffs which was of course the maple leafs had 134 all on their own.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Powershift posted:

I might have started low putting low numbers into people’s heads, and it feels like a dick move to change it. In the First round there were over 1200. The dirtiest team in the playoffs which was of course the maple leafs had 134 all on their own.

I suppose you're counting Misconducts and Game Misconducts as 10/20 right? Are you counting suspensions as 60? I may revise, but I'm also expecting they call penalties like they did in games 6/7 as opposed to the constant march in the first 4-5 games of each series.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Avs in 6
Flames in 6
Fancy cats in 7
Canes in 5

PIM: 360

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Avs in 5
Panthers in 7
Rangers in 7
Calgary in 6

Pim: 1000, gently caress it let's pile 'em up

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Misanthrope posted:

I just told myself “they’re probably gonna put the whistles away a bit more and we’ll see about an average of 10 minutes a game” I’m probably stupidly wrong, but it’s the first time I’ve guessed so if I’m wrong I’m wrong.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Hopefully I'm in time,

Avs in 6
Flames in 6
Rags in 6
Bolts in 6

240 PIM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

22 hours to go until puck drop. Here's where we stand. If you see a mistake let me know.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Are the Hurriccanes extra thicc?

And okay up my PIMs guess to 600 sure

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arivia posted:

Are the Hurriccanes extra thicc?

And okay up my PIMs guess to 600 sure

Yes

I'll chart up the PIM guesses once everything is going. If you edit your guess please strike out the old one and out the new one in your post.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
NYR over CAR in 7
TBL over FLA in 7
COL over STL in 6
CGY over EDM in 5

545 PIM total

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 17, 2022

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Carolina in 6
Tampa in 7
Colorado in 6
Edmonton in 6

524 pims

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Panthers in 6
Avs in 5
Canes in 6
*deep sigh*......flames in 6 :(

299 PIMS

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Powershift posted:

22 hours to go until puck drop. Here's where we stand. If you see a mistake let me know.
Yo I had Rags in 6, not Canes.

I may regret this correction, but still.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Avalanche in 6
Flames in 6
Panthers in 7
Hurricanes in 5
PIM: 570

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Lightning in 6
Avs in 7
Canes in 6
Flames in 5

248 PIMs

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Avs in 6
Flames in 6
Panthers in 7
Hurricanes in 6

PIM: 420

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Avalanche in 6
Flames in 7
Lightning in 6
Hurricanes in 6
PIM: 500

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dallas being Dallas hosed up my first round but what can you do.

Avalanche in 5
Oilers in 7
Florida in 7
Hurricanes in 6
PIM: 299

Though this is hopefully the correct bracket:

EL BROMANCE posted:

I went no 7 gamers in the first round and this was a poor choice. So to rectify!

Panthers 7
Carolina 7
Edmonton 7
Colorado 7

PIM: 666

:black101:

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I didn't make 1st round picks, but, I'll try to catch up!

Avalanche in 5
Flames in 7
Hurricanes in 6
Lightning in 7
PIM: 224

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Colorado in 5
Calgary in 7
Carolina in 6
Tampa in 7

305 PIM

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Gonna be talking to my nephew in about a half hour here, I'll get his picks and post them, it might be a few minutes after the games start. Hope that's okay!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
5 year old's predictions that will probably beat yours and will definitely beat mine

Lightning in 7 ("I hate the Lightning, don't they ever lose?")
Hurricanes in 7 ("Panarin is really good but I like Aho better")
Avalanche in 7 ("It's stupid that the Blues beat the Wild, but the Avalanche are definitely way better than them")
Oilers in 7 ("McDavid and Mike Smith are the best, no one's gonna beat the Oilers")

PIM: 497 (I asked him to pick a random number between 300 and 500)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

His Mike Smith assessment is questionable, but i like the rest of that.

We could theoretically get through 2 nights without anybody getting Xed.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
poo poo I forgot to get my picks in before the games tonight.

Here they are anyway:

Rangers in 6
Florida in 7
St. Louis in 7
Calgary in 5

PIMS: 313

If you need proof that I didn’t let tonight’s game influence my picks, I still picked Florida, even after that performance. 🤮

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Everyone's a winner!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Everyone's a winner!

Feels wrong to not get X'd on the first day, but I dont see any sweeps this round, even to my pessimistic eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009