Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/R3dGoner/status/1525525931871322113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...in-the-service/
this is pathetic

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk getting ghost of tsushima for ps5 seems dope to me

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

yeah this is a strict subset of of the set of games i already own and games i would never want to play

edit: although it does say these are some of the games so idk. but this isn't like, inspiring me to give sony more money

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 17, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jokes on you for buying games!!!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

crosscode is pretty cool! worth buying!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Replaying Ghost of Tsushimi now that I got a PS5, game looks so loving pretty. Looked fine before on the PS4 but man does it's so nice with a better frame rate

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i did lol at the one entire psp game they're adding

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

chaosbreather posted:

yeah this is a strict subset of of the set of games i already own and games i would never want to play

edit: although it does say these are some of the games so idk. but this isn't like, inspiring me to give sony more money

lol at them continuing the "PS3 (Via Streaming)" that has never yet worked satisfactorily for me.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

MrQueasy posted:

lol at them continuing the "PS3 (Via Streaming)" that has never yet worked satisfactorily for me.

truth. gigabit wired connection with rock solid 2ms ping out to the first network that wasn't my isp. still totally unplayable.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I knew it was gonna be poo poo when they didn't offer day one releases. Like I knew they were gonna half rear end this again but not this quick

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao it even has returnal this is sick as hell

im tellin y'all stop buying games the catalogue owns

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you could always play valorant with your yospals, monsieur jones!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao it even has returnal this is sick as hell

im tellin y'all stop buying games the catalogue owns

Aside from Returnal and Demon Souls, they're all PS4 games I played years ago or already got from PS+.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

dioxazine posted:

crosscode is pretty cool! worth buying!

this and also don't forget to do a new game+ with the instakill cheat for funny additional dialogs

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I JUST got my PS5 a few weeks ago and these are all games I was considering buying but there's no reason to since I'm just about to get them all for free.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I JUST got my PS5 a few weeks ago and these are all games I was considering buying but there's no reason to since I'm just about to get them all for free.

I feel dumb for buying a bunch of games which will now be free*

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

nexous posted:

I feel dumb for buying a bunch of games which will now be free*
there is no shame in abiding by the $20 rule

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah but you can't play games if they were free.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ya its a good lineup just people mad they paid for good games

Also there's still basically no ps5 games so lol complaining it doesnt have any ps5 games

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
The bigger joke is computer touchers complaining about the costs of video games and paying for gamepass etc when developers (indie/small, the good ones) are already telling us its affecting quality and their ability to make a profit. Can't wait for the subscription hell world Microsoft brings us surely there are no other platforms or services in the last few years consumers could look at and see "wow this sure did fragment and dilute everything, maybe I shouldn't subscribe!"

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my brother gave me an x box a long time ago and i didnt' touch it for a long time. i hadnt played any console since like ps2. i tried xbox live and it was amazing to have a million games i've never heard of to try. ps pass or whatever its called would probably be great for me

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Mr. Crow posted:

The bigger joke is computer touchers complaining about the costs of video games and paying for gamepass etc when developers (indie/small, the good ones) are already telling us its affecting quality and their ability to make a profit. Can't wait for the subscription hell world Microsoft brings us surely there are no other platforms or services in the last few years consumers could look at and see "wow this sure did fragment and dilute everything, maybe I shouldn't subscribe!"

counterpoint: neither Microsoft nor Sony cares whether I subscribe or not, they are ramming this down our throats whether we want it or not, so why not complain about the taste?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i still have a ps2 slim laying around with a handful of games. i'm pretty sure it still works

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
As long as games can still be pirated things won't get too bad. The true value of piracy is to act as a safety valve against the most excessively greedy bullshit. I pirate like, old SNES and PlayStation stuff but nothing newer than that.

Also yeah, I concur that Gamepass is going to drag videogames into the Netflix era, whereupon they will immediately get dragged into the post-Netflix era where each publisher has their own bullshit games-as-a-service service. Everything will be a monthly subscription. And I am so loving tired of the lazy response of "it's inevitable, deal with it" every time a large company takes a fat poo poo down our collective throat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dioxazine posted:

i still have a ps2 slim laying around with a handful of games. i'm pretty sure it still works

Gran Turismo 4 is still very good to play, on the PS2. (Nothing wrong with the earlier games just they look a bit blocky.)

But the controller is :barf:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m going to make the argument that the controls are garbage because it wants you to use the pressure sensitive buttons on the PS2 and those are not good

also I don’t remember if you can switch it to a normal control scheme

that being said, a friend of mine got to an A/S driver/safety rating in gran turismo sport online races using the loving face buttons for brake and gas in like tyool 2018 or something

:psypop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No I mean all the Dual Shonks before 4 are garbage.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mr. Crow posted:

game studios should be given bigger budgets to take longer to make games that are shorter and uglier and i'm not kidding

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, let me just spend my money on sponsoring poor starving computer touchers lol

e: seriously though i will feel quite the fool if my consumer choices bring to an end the $260 billion game market, given me some things to mull over here

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 17, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mr. Crow posted:

The bigger joke is computer touchers complaining about the costs of video games and paying for gamepass etc when developers (indie/small, the good ones) are already telling us its affecting quality and their ability to make a profit.

i hate to be That Person but i'm interested, so, got a source for that? What developers?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Ciaphas posted:

i hate to be That Person but i'm interested, so, got a source for that? What developers?

I am pretty sure I saw one of the random podcasts I background talking about it with some tweets or something but its impossible to search so I'm probably full of poo poo Idk.

There was this story about PS+ but not apples to apples https://www.thegamer.com/playstation-plus-devastating-oddworld-soulstorm/

Seems obviously like a bad program with heavy incentives now that we'll pay for in 5-10 years but maybe I'm cynical and Microsoft is smarter than me :shrug:

Edit:
There is this line in the above article,

quote:

Case in point, Guardians of the Galaxy is set to release on Xbox Game Pass in a deal reportedly worth between five and ten million dollars, but Square Enix is only expected to receive around $2 per download according to industry analyst David Gibson.

I think its going to be years before we get enough leaks / information to see details on it and make real assessments on its affects but to my cynical rear end the writing is on the wall

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 17, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

lmao this take sucks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

not the part that make fun of computer touchers complaining about psplus costing too much or whatever. that part's fine. ill complain but its ok to make fun of me for it

the part about how microsoft (or sony, in the article) are sharks in contract negotiations, and then game studios sign those bad contracts because ?????, and then somehow it's the subscribers to the service instead of either of the parties that had material influence on the deal you're complaining about is the bad part

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Achmed Jones posted:

not the part that make fun of computer touchers complaining about psplus costing too much or whatever. that part's fine. ill complain but its ok to make fun of me for it

the part about how microsoft (or sony, in the article) are sharks in contract negotiations, and then game studios sign those bad contracts because ?????, and then somehow it's the subscribers to the service instead of either of the parties that had material influence on the deal you're complaining about is the bad part

Ya man its not my fault uber drivers are treated like dog poo poo, I gotta get to the bar!

Speaking of loving takes

Also that's not even the point I was making but w/e

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 17, 2022

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
psp, ps1 and ps2 emulation are all excellent

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Achmed Jones posted:

no ethical consumption, etc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Only incels and republicans use emulators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yup. computer programmers are in a similar boat as uber drivers. definitely a very reasonable comparison to make. sucks that computer programming is where people turn when they need to moonlight to make rent, but that's the world we live in