Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clowns?
Whiteface Clown
Auguste Clown
Tramp Clown
Character Clown
Mime Clown
Rodeo Clown
Creepy Clown
Jester Clown
Those clowns in congress op!
Goku
View Results

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Did you know that there is more than one type of clown?

:cb: Clowning is a creative art form that constantly evolves. :cb:

Whiteface Clown
Whiteface Clown covers their face in white makeup and their body in oversized clothing including oversized shoes.

Auguste Clown
The Auguste either couldn’t figure out how to get anything right, or they were the victim of pranks pulled by the Whiteface clown.

Tramp Clown

There were singing Tramps, juggling Tramps, Tramp magicians, silent Tramps, Tramp monologists, skating Tramps, Tramp artists, and even Tramp pianists.

Character Clown

A clown can be a cop, baseball player, doctor, and a boxer at different times without changing character as long as their personality doesn’t change.

Mime Clown

Often they wear a mime style make up which ends at the jaw line, leaving their neck uncovered

Rodeo Clowns

Rodeo clowns have the very serious job of protecting cowboys during the bull riding contest.

Creepy Clown

The evil clown archetype plays strongly off the sense of dislike it caused to inherent elements of coulrophobia; however, it has been suggested by Joseph Durwin that the concept of evil clowns has an independent position in popular culture, arguing that “the concept of evil clowns and the widespread hostility it induces is a cultural phenomenon which transcends just the phobia alone”.

Jester Clown

Jesters entertained with a wide variety of skills including but not limited to music, storytelling, acrobatics, juggling, telling jokes, and magic tricks.

:ccb: Which one are YOU? :ccb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
jugglers hold their master's balls

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You forgot Pennywise the Dancing Clown.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You forgot yourself OP.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Are there any other types? I’m not really impressed with the amount of clown types shown

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Are there any other types? I’m not really impressed with the amount of clown types shown

There used to be blackface clowns, but it’s not advisable to dress as one.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
this guys just shilling for trixtan entertainment fyi

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Is there a specific type of clown for fancy dress occasions?

Are there clowns that clown for other clowns?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Is there a specific type of clown for fancy dress occasions?

Jester Clowns.

Are there clowns that clown for other clowns?

Auguste Clowns.

:tipshat:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
clowns in my coffee

clowns in my coffee

and

ur so vain

i bet u think this clown is about u

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

EorayMel posted:

Jester Clowns.

Auguste Clowns.

:tipshat:

Thank you for clarifying sir

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

kntfkr posted:

Those would be master clowns
:c:
Glen Gordon "Frosty" Little (December 5, 1925 – October 26, 2010) was a circus clown who served with the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus for over 20 years. He was one of only four clowns ever to have been given the title "Master Clown" by the Ringling organization.

In 1983, Little was named "Master Clown" by the Ringling organization, only the fourth clown ever to be so named (after Otto Griebling, Bobby Kaye, and Lou Jacobs – Little's mentor). Little was the last person ever to have been awarded the title, and was the last surviving Master Clown at the time of his death.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i think depending on what kind of clown food you feed your clown it eventually evolves into different species

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

dont forget about sex clowns!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

i loving love ashley blue

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Whoop whoop

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I feel sorry for all the people who decided to be clowns back before the internet decided they were creepy. Like thousands of years of people wearing makeup and entertaining people then bam, it's all over because of some dumb reason. My fourth birthday was clown-themed and all my four-year-old friends were cool with it. Now everybody would be freaking out over how cReeeEEeeeePPPpy it is. Pretty hosed up really.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You forgot Pennywise the Dancing Clown.

Who could forget Pennywise?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Clowns were unsettling long before the internet. Some are happy and fun for children but that is really not the main historical thrust

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Meme Poker Party posted:

Who could forget Pennywise?

I would have expected nothing less of a post from you.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
There are hot girl clowns, there's like a whole category for it

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

the kind that fucks, op

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Devils Affricate posted:

lol how is that a thing? lol like I mean are there pictures out there of this nonsense?!!! lol. Where could I even find those pictures?!!! lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:hmmyes:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
hot girl clowns are called jugalettes to those in the know

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

hot girl clowns are called jugalettes to those in the know

This is more sort of a Venn diagram situation

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Chou - Chinese opera clowns.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Low Clown requires little skill in the clowning (if there is a clown at all). Often a visual or highly physical clown. Appropriate for all year levels.

Black Clown is clown that makes fun of serious subject matter such as death and religion. Offensive to some, hilarious to others. Requires intelligent clowning. Suitable for senior year levels.

Clown dell’arte is historical, improvised physical clown, originating in Italy around the year 1550. Arlecchino the harlequin servant made it famous! Most suitable for middle and senior year levels.

High Clown is intellectual (normally literary) clown displaying a sophisticated wit, such as Oscar Wilde’s clown The Importance of Being Earnest. Suitable for senior year levels.

Romantic Clown is clown involving love and romance. Many of Shakespeare’s clowns are romantic clowns. Suitable for middle and senior years.

Musical Clown is mostly (not always) comic in some way, hence lighthearted and appealing to the masses. Suitable for middle and senior years.

Sentimental Clown is not really a clown at all, but clowns that involve the main clown overcoming a series of moral challenges. Suitable for senior year levels.

Clown of Morals is a clown that condemns unacceptable behaviour in society via the use of satire. Moliere’s Tartuffe is considered a fine example of the clown. Suitable for senior year levels.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

kntfkr posted:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Seeking out a Master Clown so I can get a +5 range on my squirty lapel flower and also re-spec my japes & pratfalls

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Tramp Clowns are the only likable clowns

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I saw a horrific clown in the mirror today

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

• clussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010