Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I put in my two weeks notice at work this morning and just started crying in the car on the way home. I was passed over for a promotion last week in an unfair and biased decision from my boss, and my yes-man coworker got the job (even though he didn’t want it). That was the final straw of nearly nine years of petty bullshit like that at work.

And I cried because I love the job and I love the people I work with, and they all love me in return. So many incredible people and stories to tell, hosed over by a dishonest promotion I was never intended to get. I’m really gonna miss the work and people, but there’s nowhere else for me to go at this company but out the door. May 27th is my last day.

What made you cry today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cutting onions OP. Always makes me sad thinking of their family.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I have only cried at work twice. Once during training because I had to learn a 5 months training course in about a month and scared I would be loving up.

Then today a year later because work has just gotten absolutely insane. And its because I found a major problem.

Kinda pulling my hair out and trying my best to relax and play videogames to unwind. But I cant stop thinking about it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Not today, but I watched The Muppet Movie last night, (because I am a god damned adult and can do what I want! You're not my real dad Jeff.)

Anyway, I cried at Gonzo's song he sings when they are all stuck in the desert.

edit:

You Are A Elf posted:

I put in my two weeks notice at work this morning and just started crying in the car on the way home. I was passed over for a promotion last week in an unfair and biased decision from my boss, and my yes-man coworker got the job (even though he didn’t want it). That was the final straw of nearly nine years of petty bullshit like that at work.

And I cried because I love the job and I love the people I work with, and they all love me in return. So many incredible people and stories to tell, hosed over by a dishonest promotion I was never intended to get. I’m really gonna miss the work and people, but there’s nowhere else for me to go at this company but out the door. May 27th is my last day.

What made you cry today?

Good on you for quitting and knowing your worth! I hope you find somewhere else that is worthy of you.

Also, work friends can still stay friends in real life. If you like the people you used to work with, keep in touch. One of my close mates is a bloke I used to work with at a job I quit more than 15 years ago.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 17, 2022

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i got high first thing in the morning and put on boxing day by afx and remembered what it was like listening to the same song 15 years ago :rznv:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I have a cute doggo, she has a bad habit of eating rubbish.
gf took her to vet as she was vomiting a bunch last night.
she might be ok, but rescues often shorten their lives by desperation eating. we love her and we're scared. so we argue, and it all gets frustrating.
I dont tend to show when i am upset, but sometimes i do. gf is always close to water, as she says, so we argue, we know why we are arguing, we know we are both worried about doggo, yet somehow it turns into sulky bickering.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

poop too big

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

No. You are too small.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

There's an instructional image that might help, I believe its called "goatse"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have never and will never cry

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

imagine being that toad. imagine how empty you must feel after dropping a deuce thats about your height and a 1/4 your width. man, i'd actually cry then, i dunno if it would be joy or no

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Period cramps.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I saw an innocent person being trodden upon by the heavy boots of authority. No-one would speak out for them and I wept for their plight.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I need new contacts my eyes are hosed up!!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I didn’t cry today. I felt like it but I didn’t. I spend a lot of time thinking about how everyone hates me, and how I’m constantly humiliating myself no matter how hard I try not to, how I have no self control, and how everyone is better than me because they’re normal. The fact that I feel like I’m constantly surrounded by idiots is my fault, not theirs, they’re normal, I’m the freak. I probably deserve to be loathed.

Ok now I’m crying.

don’t probe or pm me I’m not going to harm myself, I just want to stew in misery for a while

Edit: I wish I had some wine and some cocaine.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I can't believe you liked your job so much. Even the least awful places I've worked I was kind of meh about. Good on you for trying to find something better, where they recognize good work and promote on merit rather than nepotism.

I don't think I cried today.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I need new contacts my eyes are hosed up!!

Heard a dude describe his eyesight as "booty cheeks" and I related.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Over the weekend, a family friend had rescued an orphaned kitten and brought it to us. The little critter was so tiny, we didn't know where the mother cat was, and it still had its' umbilical cord attached so it was only fairly recently born. We did our best to feed it some kitten milk replacement formula, even though the kitten wasn't interested in the kitten nursing bottle I'd bought; I ended up putting some onto a washcloth, and the kitten basically sucked on that while kneading, like it was kneading it's mother's belly. My heart just broke thinking about that poor kitten without its' mother. Then another family friend whose mom had experience in taking care of stray and orphaned kittens and cats offered to look after it for us. On the one hand we were reluctant to let the kitten go, but on the other hand we couldn't properly care for it due to jobs etc., and the lady that was going to be looking after it was retired and had plenty of time to give the kitten the attention it needed.

I just heard that the poor little kitten passed away in the wee hours of the morning. The lady who was looking after it got up to give it its hourly feeding, and discovered the kitten wasn't moving when she tried to gently wake it up. She called her daughter at 4 AM just bawling her eyes out about how that poor little kitten just suddenly passed, after she'd been feeding it and helping keep it warm during the day.

I'm not ashamed to say I blubbered for a bit earlier tonight, after hearing the news. We only knew that little kitten for a few hours, but dang if she didn't get a piece of our hearts all the same. RIP, little kitten. :smith:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If you love your job and your coworkers I don't know why you'd quit just because someone got something you feel you deserve more. Do you have other job opportunities right now that are offering you significantly higher salary and/or better conditions? Seems like an emotional reaction rather than a rational response, OP.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Clicked this thread

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
found out fred ward died

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i was sober for awhile

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

My cat tripped a little bit and looked sad :(

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Actual condolences and congratulations, I guess.

And I cry so rarely it is kind of suspicious.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I am lonely

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The last thing I cried about was one of my dogs puppies not making it very long after it was born. That was 2009, if I recall.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I got my assignment in 3 minutes before the deadline. I was pleased till I opened my laptop this morning and saw the chart on the desktop I forgot to include in the appendices.

I didnt cry but I moaned a lot.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chinatown posted:

i was sober for awhile

At least you fixed that?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Had a big stupid day at the end of a big stupid week after a big stupid year, so I went for a walk with my camera, and this little orb dude landed about a metre away from me.

Extra row of tits posted:

I got my assignment in 3 minutes before the deadline. I was pleased till I opened my laptop this morning and saw the chart on the desktop I forgot to include in the appendices.

I didnt cry but I moaned a lot.

I still have that dream. I really hope it stops at some point.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us, and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember ... I ... I ... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I can't remember the last time I cried but maybe three weeks ago?

My brother went on one of his benders. When he does this he can't really tell up from down. He tried to walk the 3 miles into town at 10pm when it was dark and no moon out. We got a phonecall from a taximan that he had called to meet him. Me and my dad got in the jeep and we found him laying across the road. He had taken another seizure, fallen and hit the back of his head. He had started to strip his clothes off too. He was drat lucky he wasn't run over - that's what the taximan thought happened.

The next night he tried to walk into town again, after downing a bottle of vodka. My dad and I chased him down, I had to wrestle him into the jeep. I had to hold one of his arms to try and stop him from opening the door. I could feel the massive bump on his wrist from when he fell and broke it earlier this year.

A day or maybe two later he escaped again, looking for more drink. It was daylight, I talked to the rest of my family. "There's nothing we can do but wait for him to come home!" I went outside and roundhouse kicked the garage door in frustration. I marched up the road in the direction of the mountain - crying tears of frustration.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
All day at a job I’m bad at, don’t understand, probably will never be able to handle the sheer number of poo poo going on at once, and am constantly wrecking everyone else’s poo poo from my own incompetence.

When you’re told you do a good job at work, don’t accept any promotions!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Because I remembered that I exist still.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i'm not crying it's allergies i swear, also it's not covid either!!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Update: got a vidyah call of doggo scarfing food, alls good and we are all happy.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I was reading an interview in a magazine with some hunky young actor doofus and they asked "when was the last time you cried?" and he said "Earler today, during a conversation with a good friend about gratitude" and i just found it really funny. like wtf was that conversation? Who talks about gratitude super sincerely and ends up crying? What an awful way to be, have some self respect bro.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Accidentally slammed car door on cock and balls, was reminded of the majestic beauty of the world

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Over the weekend, a family friend had rescued an orphaned kitten and brought it to us. The little critter was so tiny, we didn't know where the mother cat was, and it still had its' umbilical cord attached so it was only fairly recently born. We did our best to feed it some kitten milk replacement formula, even though the kitten wasn't interested in the kitten nursing bottle I'd bought; I ended up putting some onto a washcloth, and the kitten basically sucked on that while kneading, like it was kneading it's mother's belly. My heart just broke thinking about that poor kitten without its' mother. Then another family friend whose mom had experience in taking care of stray and orphaned kittens and cats offered to look after it for us. On the one hand we were reluctant to let the kitten go, but on the other hand we couldn't properly care for it due to jobs etc., and the lady that was going to be looking after it was retired and had plenty of time to give the kitten the attention it needed.

I just heard that the poor little kitten passed away in the wee hours of the morning. The lady who was looking after it got up to give it its hourly feeding, and discovered the kitten wasn't moving when she tried to gently wake it up. She called her daughter at 4 AM just bawling her eyes out about how that poor little kitten just suddenly passed, after she'd been feeding it and helping keep it warm during the day.

I'm not ashamed to say I blubbered for a bit earlier tonight, after hearing the news. We only knew that little kitten for a few hours, but dang if she didn't get a piece of our hearts all the same. RIP, little kitten. :smith:

That sucks and thanks for trying to help her. What causes a kitten to die randomly like that?

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
I haven't cried in a bit but if it did I would definitely do it at work when I'm getting paid and not throwing away my precious free time being sad.

This also applies to pooping.

Boss makes a dollar
I make a dime
So I poo poo and cry
On company time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Blooster posted:

That sucks and thanks for trying to help her. What causes a kitten to die randomly like that?

No idea, I can only guess that it's probably because the kitten was still pretty much a newborn, that she didn't have as good of a chance to survive as she would've if her mother had been there. I knew the deck was stacked against the poor little thing, but she'd been so full of life that it seemed like maybe she might just defy the odds. I know nature is cruel and all, but I still had some hope. I just feel so bad for the poor little critter. :smith: