Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

this is probably a dumb question but why do stable coins have an APY
because they spelled APE wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Eeyo posted:

what i never get is who's supposed to be the other side of those loans, and what are they borrowing the money for?

if you take out a loan with 20% apr and invest it in a ponzi scheme with 30% apr, that's basically 10% apr of free money

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wait the slurp juice contract detects alliterations??

like it'll detect
  • Astro apes
  • Bad Bonobos
  • Crazy Chimps
  • ???

:pwn:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

neutral milf hotel posted:

wait the slurp juice contract detects alliterations??

like it'll detect
  • Astro apes
  • Bad Bonobos
  • Crazy Chimps
  • ???

:pwn:

Those tweets are jokes responding to the original slurp juice tweet I think

Wish it was true, though. Crypto should do the kind of poo poo that notorious sonic fangame did where it installed a background process that would force quit your browser if you searched "cheat".

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 17, 2022

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Those tweets are jokes responding to the original slurp juice tweet I think

are you sure

i mean really, are you sure

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i thought i was good at telling actual crypto bullshit from made up crypto bullshit but that loving slurp juice tweet just ruined me, is what i'm saying

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

haveblue posted:

that was logansryche, I think

that scheme depended on his apparent belief that you could just demand a performance license for something and obligate disney to grant it to you. also it quickly became clear had no idea how to operate a commercial theater

Was he the guy who was trying to sell scrap silver melted into sad "ingots" or was that another idiot?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
this stuff is so obtuse at this point i had trouble even confirming that the original tweet was real

confirmed the existence of astro apes, but not yet the existence of "slurp juice"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Viscous Soda posted:

Was he the guy who was trying to sell scrap silver melted into sad "ingots" or was that another idiot?

nah, theatre guy was logansrych, silver guy was i think johny walker?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boxturret posted:

this stuff is so obtuse at this point i had trouble even confirming that the original tweet was real

confirmed the existence of astro apes, but not yet the existence of "slurp juice"

https://rarecandy.io/collections/slurp-juice

the minimum price of 1.67 bsv translates to $100 realmonies

e: i still can't figure out the identity of "lab monkes" and "special forces". they seem to be subsets of astro apes but there is no indicator for them on the nft marketplace so who knows

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 17, 2022

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/rajat_suresh/status/1524769767676125184

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

~in the aaaaaarms of an angel~

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Shame Boy posted:

i thought i was good at telling actual crypto bullshit from made up crypto bullshit but that loving slurp juice tweet just ruined me, is what i'm saying

this is me, but with everything on the internet since 2017 or so. used to be i could easily tell if someone was making poo poo up or not like 99% of the time, but these days i have no idea. i don't know if i'm getting old, or the world's just gotten more insane, or people have honed their posting skills to a fine point. or all three. probably all three

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

https://rarecandy.io/collections/slurp-juice

the minimum price of 1.67 bsv translates to $100 realmonies

e: i still can't figure out the identity of "lab monkes" and "special forces". they seem to be subsets of astro apes but there is no indicator for them on the nft marketplace so who knows

trap sprung

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
why are two astro ape shroom juice not worth the same?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
to my untrained eye it looks like the shroom juice nfts are actually fungible (gasp!)
slurp juice(tm) comes in 6 different flavors/rarities but it looks like within a flavor there is 0 difference between different tokens and no reason to buy any but the lowest-priced one

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
As a naive person you might look at the crypto space and think “this is all a scam.”

But if you look into it and really sift through the specialized language and jargon, getting to understand the contextual specifics of various subcultures and the intricacies of governance structures and technical implementation, you will learn, “this is all a scam.”

In between those moments, there is enormous danger

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Boxturret posted:

nah, theatre guy was logansrych, silver guy was i think johny walker?

i think you're right, but it's also insane that anybody followed either of them

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

doingitwrong posted:

As a naive person you might look at the crypto space and think “this is all a scam.”

But if you look into it and really sift through the specialized language and jargon, getting to understand the contextual specifics of various subcultures and the intricacies of governance structures and technical implementation, you will learn, “this is all a scam.”

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
laffs were fewer and further between back then

who else remembers the woolong device. probably no one since you had to sign an nda (written by atlas) to learn about it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jessimckenzi/status/1526573090196574214?s=20&t=e_UhyL3QERxdjTfJhqLTBA

https://twitter.com/jessimckenzi/status/1526574308616814594?s=20&t=e_UhyL3QERxdjTfJhqLTBA

https://twitter.com/jessimckenzi/status/1526575456673226753?s=20&t=e_UhyL3QERxdjTfJhqLTBA

https://twitter.com/jessimckenzi/status/1526583782878363648?s=20&t=e_UhyL3QERxdjTfJhqLTBA

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Weatherman posted:

who else remembers the woolong device. probably no one since you had to sign an nda (written by atlas) to learn about it

that was some funny poo poo, but even most bitcoiners knew it was a bad idea at the time

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

doingitwrong posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tbf we've been talking about it for well over a year, why doesn't she read this thread more :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also holy lmao that last one. CO2, known harmless beneficial molecule, unlike methane which has no known use by any life on earth and depletes the ozone layer, probably

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shame Boy posted:

also holy lmao that last one. CO2, known harmless beneficial molecule, unlike methane which has no known use by any life on earth and depletes the ozone layer, probably

CO2, notable for being a greenhouse gas, and methane, also a greenhouse gas 4x more potent than CO2 although it degrades faster.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
this tire fire is environmentally beneficial because otherwise those tires would just be sitting in a landfill

also, since the tire fire is environmentally beneficial and we want to maximise the environmental benefit, we've started manufacturing new tires to feed into the tire fire

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
carbon capture and release

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Weatherman posted:

The laffs back then were interspersed with chat about "jfc what will these idiots do next (lol)", but now it's "jfc....what next (siiigh)"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Weatherman posted:

https://twitter.com/ButtCoin/status/508011498623758336?s=20&t=Q6jdrjl0h8s0Jhkyx8DZYg

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Beeftweeter posted:

:laffo:

seth green is a lovely person

wait how so

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
someone plz hodl me

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hodl me closer tiny scammer

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shame Boy posted:

hodl me closer tiny scammer

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ahh yes, isn't this something bruce wagner was advertising?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

this is probably a dumb question but why do stable coins have an APY
because they are late stage ponzis

(the personal loan company that produced this ad in 1983 was mere weeks from failure at the time)

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it was all well and good for tether to say "we're like dollars but chainy!" nowadays if you want to bring in cash you have to bring more to the table

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i thought you use buttcoin to produce methane, not the other way around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i'd think he received at least some of those as payola to sling scams, but then he said 'frens'