Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's good to see someone really say buttcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shame Boy posted:

credit where it's due, "legal and tender buttcoins" is a pretty decent joke ben

just ripping off the "tits of america / tender and private" thing from real money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chewbaccanator posted:

Once again, Ben drawing while inexpressibly horny.

bernie's a commie, biden's a sex pest, millennials are entitled brats, pete has a sexy voluptuous rear end that deserves to be front and center, cnn is lying fake news, idk man seems completely normal and consistent to me

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

i wanted to see if he had a favorite coin he endorsed instead (since that seems like something he'd do) and instead found this, where he seems to have created his own buttcoin

I appreciate that he got the robo-Zuck look right

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Man, if only NFTs had to be minted in an distributed, secure, open ledger that anybody has access to this kinda scam couldn't happen.

But actually downloading and checking the ledger is such a pain, better trust a handful of centralized services to do that for you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sorry why does a discord bot have employees

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there has to be a somewhat legal channel to move the money the discord bot gathers to the real people behind the scam

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Endless Mike posted:

the next tech bust is going to be ruthless

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Endless Mike posted:

IoT in action.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Endless Mike posted:

Welcome to the new paradigm of Middle Botagement

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

quote:

I bought at 50k and I'm losing my life savings. gently caress me man. Thinking of pulling out as I'm afraid this will just be like post 2017 where it just keeps loving dropping for 2 and a half years.

Do you think it's going to go back up this year?

quote:

$10K - $20K and just DCA to bring down your avg cost

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

"dollar cost average" I mumble as my wife walks out the door forever.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mercury_Storm posted:

They had (have?) a whole "honest ponzi" gambling thing going:

Yeah like was mentioned in 'Line Goes Up' most Crypto and NFTs only succeeds if you have all the trappings of a ponzi scheme or a pump and dump, down in many cases to outright instruction on HOW to do it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i love dollar cost averaging, instead of being the absolute loser that bought X of asset when it was 50k but it's now worth 20k, buy a lot more at 20k then average out the price so you can pretend to be the smart, handsome guy that bought X*n of asset when it was 30k but it's now worth 20k:yayclod:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

gotta have a big marketing staff to shill the discord bot's NFTs

https://twitter.com/mee6bot/status/1500808957451026436

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
BITch
Coin

Pay4Play

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

haveblue posted:

just ripping off the "tits of america / tender and private" thing from real money

old USD used to be legit pretty cool looking and indeed had a lot of tits on it. i used (and cleaned up) a bunch of really old designs to test out my new laser printer. ex:

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

old USD used to be legit pretty cool looking and indeed had a lot of tits on it. i used (and cleaned up) a bunch of really old designs to test out my new laser printer. ex:

Love the large X, we need these back

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
I just realized there's probably NFTs of every bill for every major currency currently "minted" on the "blockchain".

Kill me.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Chewbaccanator posted:

yeah they're pretty neat. here's another one with roman numerals i used. obverse has andrew jackson though and gently caress that genocidal maniac

i'm the counterfeitting warning lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Chewbaccanator posted:

Who are these princely dorks?

Is that Buchanan?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
10,000 dollar note
penalty for counterfeiting is 5,000 dollars

:thonk:

yes I know it says AND/or hard labor

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

shackleford posted:

so it looks like about 9% of the tether market cap has been redeemed in the past week

very normal looking pattern

lol

lol another 1.5 billion overnight:

does this mean if tether is being exchanged for other types of butts or USD? i have a hard time believing that they actually have $9 billion USD sitting around

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Shageletic posted:

turn on your monitor :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lewis and clark, apparently

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Bluecobra posted:

lol another 1.5 billion overnight:

does this mean if tether is being exchanged for other types of butts or USD? i have a hard time believing that they actually have $9 billion USD sitting around

It just means someone is burning tokens. Presumably that means someone is getting an equal amount of USD in exchange but it could also just be Tether unwinding previously issued tokens with no actual deposits behind them.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shame Boy posted:

i wanted to see if he had a favorite coin he endorsed instead (since that seems like something he'd do) and instead found this, where he seems to have created his own buttcoin

this is incredible, it has not one but two real jokes, and i also agree with him that crypto is stupid

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Is that Buchanan?

they used to put all sorts of people on money, not just presidents. i gave up on completely fixing this because the original is an absolute mess and i was just using them as printer tests, but william l. marcy (secretary of state, secretary of war, ny gov. etc) pops up a lot:

i could post a ton of Old Money designs that are rad if people want me to i guess but we're now in derail territory

e: also everything i've posted has been 50% sized, so you can see why they'd be useful for testing print resolution

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 18, 2022

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m surprised those wouldn’t set off the currency detection features on modern printers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

qirex posted:

I’m surprised those wouldn’t set off the currency detection features on modern printers

lol, specifically used them because there's no EURion constellation

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

fascinating stuff, had no idea this was a thing

sad what fiat must resort to!

you see in crypto, counterfeiting is impossible due to the magic of the immutable ledger

please disregard all the other shady poo poo going on behind the kitchen door and all the exchanges not actually using the chain thank you

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

some of the systems I worked on at efi had other features that looked for those cross hatched engraving patterns

maybe since most places are using the constellation it's not needed any more

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Chewbaccanator posted:

fascinating stuff, had no idea this was a thing

sad what fiat must resort to!

you see in crypto, counterfeiting is impossible due to the magic of the immutable ledger

please disregard all the other shady poo poo going on behind the kitchen door and all the exchanges not actually using the chain thank you
since someone once mined 184 billion bitcoins, literally 99.99% of all bitcoins ever created were counterfeits

when all 21 million "legit" bitcoins are eventually mined then that'll get the number down to 99.989%, but that's as good as it can get

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

mrmcd posted:

It just means someone is burning tokens. Presumably that means someone is getting an equal amount of USD in exchange but it could also just be Tether unwinding previously issued tokens with no actual deposits behind them.

yeah, it's been theorized before that one way Tether issues USDT is by printing up a bunch of unbacked USDT and lending it to an affiliate or a crypto exchange (and then recording that loan balance as one of their reserve assets). if that theory was correct, then it's possible that what we're seeing here is borrowers returning their borrowed USDT to Tether in satisfaction of their loans, rather than Tether actually redeeming USDTs for cash.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

SubG posted:

since someone once mined 184 billion bitcoins, literally 99.99% of all bitcoins ever created were counterfeits

when all 21 million "legit" bitcoins are eventually mined then that'll get the number down to 99.989%, but that's as good as it can get

What was the story there again? It was "fixed" by a hard-fork early on right?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

bad news for ape holders hoping to get a date

https://twitter.com/y4kxyz/status/1524893128444067841

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

qirex posted:

some of the systems I worked on at efi had other features that looked for those cross hatched engraving patterns

maybe since most places are using the constellation it's not needed any more

hmm, never heard of that. i'd try this (25% scaled lol) official BEP portrait:

it was a transparent png but loving imgur converted it to a jpeg. :sigh:

it also vectorizes really well

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

bad news for ape holders hoping to get a date

https://twitter.com/y4kxyz/status/1524893128444067841

Who could have expected this

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013