Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

2 dozen fried mozz sticks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I need to find a new job. not feeling my current one at all lately

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

I need to find a new job. not feeling my current one at all lately

this is 2022. fuckin so many people are knocking dust from heel this year. do it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

meticulously explaining to product that they are not only asking for the worst possible implementation of something, but also the most expensive and being told they’ve come to the decision already and didn’t ask for my input

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

akadajet posted:

meticulously explaining to product that they are not only asking for the worst possible implementation of something, but also the most expensive and being told they’ve come to the decision already and didn’t ask for my input

Why is product deciding implementations??

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Armitag3 posted:

No, how.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Armitag3 posted:

because the pm is also the “temporary” dev manager on this team after the dev manager left because he refused a covid vaccine lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

akadajet posted:

this is a really good way to kill any sort of care so congratulations to product

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cls

hell yeah

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

c personal growth s: I have no talent or anything interesting to bring to the table lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pollyanna posted:

c personal growth s: I have no talent or anything interesting to bring to the table lol

i bet you could bring a fork to the table :xd:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

c renal system s: should not have drank 2 red bulls

it doesnt "wake me up" or anything because lol ADD but it DOES make me loving jittery and make my entire abdominal cavity feel like phlegm

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I like how

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Pollyanna posted:

This is me in stand-ups right now and I don't like it

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

hbag posted:

c renal system s: should not have drank 2 red bulls

it doesnt "wake me up" or anything because lol ADD but it DOES make me loving jittery and make my entire abdominal cavity feel like phlegm

Then don't drink it m8

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i fixed my computers thing and played some elden ring

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Broken Machine posted:

i fixed my computers thing and played some elden ring

ive sunk 100 hours into it and am probably 75% done

very good waste of time

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

and pizza place i wanted was closed due to an issue w their oven so i got a al pastor burrito instead

i really wanted the pizza tho

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Gnossiennes posted:

cjs: furiously trying to complete something i have to present to my boss in an hour after i've spent all morning in a (surprisingly important and useful) training meeting and i'm so tired and and no one will ever voluntarily read this thing lol

i've worked thru my lunch for like three weeks straight because return to the office has both made me busier and yet somehow less work gets done. but whatever my boss loves it, i can't wait to hear him interrogate me in an hour about why i am managing my time so badly 🤗

instead of that, he wanted to know why I hadn't reached out to talk to a bunch of people he told me not to reach out to at the beginning of this project, and also changed the scope of the project to the point that my rushed work was for absolutely nothing. i could have just not shared it at all

lol. lmao

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Gnossiennes posted:

instead of that, he wanted to know why I hadn't reached out to talk to a bunch of people he told me not to reach out to at the beginning of this project, and also changed the scope of the project to the point that my rushed work was for absolutely nothing. i could have just not shared it at all

lol. lmao

:sever:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

quarantinethepast posted:

Then don't drink it m8

but it tastes fantastic and the no-sugar version tastes fooken minging

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

c house s: got the leaky outside spigot fixed. scheduled to have another leak fixed. that second one is indoors on the wastewater drain, hopefully it's not too bad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Kernel Sanders posted:

where did cjs 2 go, I wasn’t done with stove chat

bring it here

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Owning a house sounds cool until homeowners tell you how much work they put in to keep their biggest life investment from turning into a shanty

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Owning a house sounds cool until homeowners tell you how much work they put in to keep their biggest life investment from turning into a shanty

it sounds cool again when u realize all that work is to keep it from becoming as bad as a rental

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

an oak tree fell into our kitchen during a "100 year ice storm" and our insurance company paid out $3000 instead of the $10k it actually cost to fix the roof. that ruined our kitchen and made us have to go into foreclosure and ruined my finances for a decade and thats why i pull 6.2 figgies yet rent a tin shack

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
state farm insurance got sued for that later class action style cause they did that to everybody in nw arkansas and lost. i got a check for 40 bucks.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

state farm insurance got sued for that later class action style cause they did that to everybody in nw arkansas and lost. i got a check for 40 bucks.

at least you won in the end

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
re thread title: provide an inflated estimate of how long it will take you to do anything, turn on mouse jiggler, enjoy newfound spare time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

at least you won in the end

the system works

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im telling all of you right now, if you ever get a letter suggesting that you participate in a class action lawsuit for anything you care about, you do not mail it back. that is a sucker's game. You bring that letter to an independent lawyer and bring them to court yourself, and you might actually get some god damned money out of it.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

bump_fn posted:

cls

hell yeah

is that julian baker?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
think so yeah. her music is too sad for me to listen to, but she's a really talented person. also she is playing a telecaster, the best guitar.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

as a sad bastard song aficionado her stuff is right up my street

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

https://youtu.be/JumIq4mF1nA

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this reminds me of somebody cant put my finger on it

https://twitter.com/solarishilton/status/1526878477567332352

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

lmfaoooooooo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

dang bump are you gonna let them skip class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

loooooooole