Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

women on money? that's downright unamerican leftist garbage!!!

would be awesome except this country is run by cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

you'd think they'd also drop the whole "women don't belong on money" thing since i still get stupid susan b. anthony dollars as change sometimes, plus, y'know, designs with women on them go back to the loving 1800s

obviously it's just cover for "no black people on money" but, oops, that also happened in the 19th century. if you want to seriously piss them off you can also argue black people appeared on the confederate dollar, lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It rules but there's no way the powers that be would let it print with a gun. Every black/leftist/labor leader of the past has to be toned down into a decorum follower. No militants allowed.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

Beeftweeter posted:

actually here's a pretty neat one:

i converted it to grayscale to save toner, but the only thing that was actually in color anyway was the (brown) treasury seal, iirc

the educational series notes are pretty awesome imho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_Series

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Forget "e plurbus unum"; this needs "Come with me if you want to live".

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

you'd think they'd also drop the whole "women don't belong on money" thing since i still get stupid susan b. anthony dollars as change sometimes

i've only ever gotten susan b. anthony dollars as change in lefty states so it's probably fake commie money

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Someone who is good with Photoshop put this on the Lionel Hutz meme:

How the gently caress isn't this a security

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shageletic posted:

relax, its distributed

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

Forget "e plurbus unum"; this needs "Come with me if you want to live".

I used Google to translate this, so not sure on the accuracy, but I'd prefer "daemonium cracker gente" demon cracker nation

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Bluecobra posted:

the educational series notes are pretty awesome imho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_Series

yeah they're rad, the 5 owns but it was hard to clean up quickly.

it was nice when we had a government that wasn't completely paralyzed :sigh:

Shame Boy posted:

i've only ever gotten susan b. anthony dollars as change in lefty states so it's probably fake commie money

even more recently we had the non-white female sacagawea on the dollar too, but i've only gotten those as change from communist public transportation ticket machines and GOVERNMENT RUN post offices

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

mrmcd posted:

Someone who is good with Photoshop put this on the Lionel Hutz meme:

OK.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

tyvm

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Shageletic posted:

it is obviously, obviously a security. the sec just hasn't heard about it yet, which is not surprising since i hadn't heard of it until today and i read the buttcoin thread

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Main Paineframe posted:

turns out they converted all the customer money into UST, and the part about spreading their holdings across multiple stablecoins was a lie

https://twitter.com/LTTG10/status/1527163329201901568

we mainly invest in USDT, and by USDT, i mean not a penny in USDT

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shageletic posted:

the SEC has been kinda scared that if they prosecute crypto stuff that hasn't collapsed they'll be blamed for when it does, so they only go after stuff that already failed

this is a stupid, stupid position of course and boy have they bought themselves imminent blame for massive losses

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FAUXTON posted:

THEY MADE IT ALL UP!

bort
Mar 13, 2003

I'd prefer "daemonium cracker gente" demon cracker nation
People called Romanes they go the house?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm guessing the SEC also backed way the hell off when real serious money starting moving into the space

after all, it's not like their job is to stop the financial industry from blowing billions of other people's dollars on stupid quasi-legal bullshit

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i've owned every NFT from chimpan-a to chimpanzee,
they'll never mint a monkey quite like these

oh, my god, i was wrong
they were scams, all along

someone swiped all my apes from me,
i lost my NFT and now can't eat

i guess they finally made a monkey,

yes they finally made a monkey

out of me!

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67FA61pk658

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 19, 2022

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

haveblue posted:

I'm guessing the SEC also backed way the hell off when real serious money starting moving into the space

after all, it's not like their job is to stop the financial industry from blowing billions of other people's dollars on stupid quasi-legal bullshit
the sec is going through some stuff rn tbf

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1527009488301170688

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
EC

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kliras posted:

the sec is going through some stuff rn tbf

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1527009488301170688

don't worry i'm sure the supreme court will do the right thing. now let me just put on my monocle before looking up what the current supreme court is made up of to confirm my assumption

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
loving lmao at the boldness of naming anything "stablegains"

Those are called T-bills you loving shitlord

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

evilweasel posted:

the SEC has been kinda scared that if they prosecute crypto stuff that hasn't collapsed they'll be blamed for when it does, so they only go after stuff that already failed

this is a stupid, stupid position of course and boy have they bought themselves imminent blame for massive losses

Between this and the CDC's position of "we can't update covid vaccines cause it could erode public trust in vaccines" a hell of a lot of lives are being ruined by cowardice and FYGM amongst supposed leadership.

Which isn't news to anyone here, but these are new highs in terms of transparency and complacency.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kalensc posted:

Between this and the CDC's position of "we can't update covid vaccines cause it could erode public trust in vaccines" a hell of a lot of lives are being ruined by cowardice and FYGM amongst supposed leadership.

Which isn't news to anyone here, but these are new highs in terms of transparency and complacency.
Isn't that "can't update without running new trials"? mRNA lets you re-tool stuff quickly but the existing validations don't account for that.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Last August the SEC was saying that it needed congressional approval to regulate crypto. My impression is that they've wanted to act in that space for a long time but some of the rules were outdated and holding them back.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

The necromancers at Goldman Sachs didn't sacrifice a newborn while changing the ritual to make it one.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Last August the SEC was saying that it needed congressional approval to regulate crypto. My impression is that they've wanted to act in that space for a long time but some of the rules were outdated and holding them back.

my impression was they took a long hard look at it, saw it was incredibly stupid and horrible but had a bunch of Real Actual Rich People Money in it now, and went "hooo boy... uh..." and chucked it over the fence to congress so they didn't have to deal with it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

this country is run by cowards

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
presumably there are politicians with crypto assets as well right

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I mean yes politicians are dumb asses

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

cool biRd pics posted:

You mean the mayor of Miami, or President Bukele?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

cool biRd pics posted:

but the bigger problem is that cryptocurrency exchanges and big-name Bitcoin investors are dumping eight-digit sums into fundraising and lobbying

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Main Paineframe posted:

turns out they converted all the customer money into UST, and the part about spreading their holdings across multiple stablecoins was a lie

they reinvented the Pirate Pass Through

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

lol at this whole thing

i guess worse than being down your life savings is being down your savings and facing serious legal exposure

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Booyah- posted:

i guess worse than being down your life savings is being down your savings and facing serious legal exposure

the life savings losers are not the ones facing legal exposure, they're the ones taking advantage of it

I mean the people running the show were probably also diehard true believers who ate their own dog food but the lawsuits are coming from outside the building

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

haveblue posted:

the life savings losers are not the ones facing legal exposure, they're the ones taking advantage of it

I mean the people running the show were probably also diehard true believers who ate their own dog food but the lawsuits are coming from outside the building

yeah i would expect this company is rapidly going to file for bankruptcy and the creditor's committee is going to sue the bejesus out of everyone involved

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

haveblue posted:

thats what I mean, the people behind it claim to also be seriously invested in luna themselves, it's not just the depositors money they lost