Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

NinetySevenA posted:

I broke 1000 hours played in dsp over the weekend. I like the game quite a bit. but like ciaphias says it’s a lot of looking at your creations.

that’s a lot of hours in one weekend, take a break, geez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I actually like the combat / bugs aspect of factorio, though I get why some people wouldn't. Feel like I might get bored with DSP if can't shoot some poo poo or blow up the sun because I hosed up my build or whatever

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like the Factorio bug enemies too, they add some nice flavor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
somebodys going way too loving hard on pittsburgh in c:s

https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylines/comments/usgbrk/cinematic_preview_for_pittsburgh_11_episode_8/

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

skylines really suffers from the fact that it's more of a traffic simulator than a city management sim

it's very pretty though and feels nice when you're doing your first few expansions and zoning

update: should hit 1000 hours in rimworld this week or the next

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rimjob world

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
surviving mars has a v nice soundtrack which is good for boppin along with some edibles as you forget to give o2 to your peeps

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Mad Wack posted:

surviving mars has a v nice soundtrack which is good for boppin along with some edibles as you forget to give o2 to your peeps
whoa they made a musk-on-mars game?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

iirc one of the factions is spacex-esque

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I checked and it's called SpaceY

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

I actually like the combat / bugs aspect of factorio, though I get why some people wouldn't. Feel like I might get bored with DSP if can't shoot some poo poo or blow up the sun because I hosed up my build or whatever

you can also tweak a ton of their attributes so you could make them more challenging or eliminate them entirely if you want.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
My son's cousins were playing Forza Horizon 4, so he had me install it.

It turns out that it's actually kinda fun and less microtransaction and ad-centric than it appeared.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
yeah! it looks like a nightmare free2play game at first glance but you can ignore all of it and just do things that seem fun and the seasons/microtransactions never matter

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

horizon 3/4/5 are easily some of the best arcade racers on the market

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the soundtrack to this game kicked rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hru6NR6a_NM

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
some elden chat: I finally got to the radahn fight and I was so pumped for a multi hour drag out fight trying to learn and die and learn and die. all my friends had trouble with it even post nerf, and I saw some streamers have trouble with it. first attempt I just summoned everyone like Anthony’s birthday and ran in with my dual bleed and frost uchis and got 2 bleed and a frost proc (what does frost even do?) and killed him before phase 2. my friend and my spouse were both like… that’s it? such a cool fight, it really felt like all the bros got together for one big party. except patches, I killed him already

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
if you keep patches alive he takes one hit and runs away from that fight

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
radahn got nerfed into the ground a few weeks after release. he's more or less an early-game boss now but he used to be a midgame to early lategame boss. presumably a bunch of people were going out and exploring caelid in the early game and getting their poo poo rocked (to be fair he used to hit extremely hard compared to everything else in caelid).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/borderlands-3

BL3 is free on epic

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Free turds in the toilet come and get it :btroll:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i always forget epic exists as a platform until someone pops in with a, "free games on epic!"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dioxazine posted:

i always forget epic exists as a platform until someone pops in with a, "free games on epic!"

I always claim the games and then forget to play them

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i liked borderlands 3

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I've got a ton of free games from epic and it gives me a nagging feeling like some day there will be some sort of Faustian reckoning for getting all that free stuff.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i always just take the free game, and then it's there if i ever want to play it. a couple times i've thought about buying a game and then checked and i already own it on epic. that's how i played the arkham knight

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
claiming the free game takes money from the pockets of epic and puts it in the pockets of a smaller actor (possibly a little indie game studio) so it is the moral and ethical thing to do

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

actually i guess the only free epic games ive ever actually played are arkham knight, overcooked, and ape out. but man do i have a lot more in there if i ever want to

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I've got a ton of free games from epic and it gives me a nagging feeling like some day there will be some sort of Faustian reckoning for getting all that free stuff.

it's blatantly an install driver so what's the worst thing that could happen if epic killed steam and took over the pc game distribution market

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

it's blatantly an install driver so what's the worst thing that could happen if epic killed steam and took over the pc game distribution market

do you mean a computer driver or do you mean something that drives installation of the epic store/the free game

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

haveblue posted:

epic is run by even dumber people than valve, lookit their apple lawsuit

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
nah egs is seeding an entire new generation of customers who will want to have all of their games in one place (that place being egs) when they're old enough to have jobs and credit cards and start buying video games

nothing dumb about it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sapozhnik posted:

nah egs is seeding an entire new generation of customers who will want to have all of their games in one place (that place being egs) when they're old enough to have jobs and credit cards and start buying video games

nothing dumb about it

sure that's fine but again look at literally everything to do with their lawsuit. complete morons

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

do you mean a computer driver or do you mean something that drives installation of the epic store/the free game

it's a driver of engagement and a key part of web3 synergy for their go-to-market, hope that clears it up

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this dubs hygiene mod really does change up the rimworld experience by a bit. i fear i'm getting too intricate with mods now though

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Roosevelt posted:

i liked borderlands 3

I played the hell out of 1 and 2 but 3 didn't really do it for me for some reason

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

i liked borderlands 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I played a lot of blands1 and had a bunch f fun. tried to get that same fun from 2 but it just wasn’t there and the one on the moon was awful.

I’ll take and try 3 for free but I’m. it expecting much.