Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

When you watch the video, you can notice that whenever a sin resonance happens, the corresponding (this is my assumption, at least) sin gets a resistance bonus. This happens for every color but yellow, which means that we actually have them all. Red is Wrath, Orange is Lust, Yellow is Sloth, Green is Gluttony, Blue is Greed, Indigo is Pride and Violet is Envy.

Interesting, I would have assumed Violet was Pride given its got the crown of thorns as a symbol. But that's fun to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, minor thing.

When they were discussing the things you get by chaining/using skills, they call them 'elements'.

4MF is red, and fire-based.
Telepole is purple, and electricity-based.
Fluid Sac is the teal/light blue color, and water-based.

Obviously I'm not saying every EGO will be elemental in nature but could a decent number of them be?

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021
A moment of silence for Don who went from full health (80 HP) to 0 on the 2nd turn of the beta combat video in the Korean section.

And ditto for Heathcliff who had the exact same thing happen in the English section.

EDIT: Also, I really want to chime in in the LoR thread that it is confirmed that the Library was an Urban Legend when the WARP Train left (courtesy of Myo's comment in the first R Corp reception) but I'm not sure if that counts as spoilers or not since that confirmation doesn't come until waaaaaay later even if it's just a minor detail.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/Lunartique07/status/1525076647573323776

but then i preferred when ruina didn't do the snap on every dice roll too

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
They mouse over Heathcliff's passive during the Korean section and someone translated it:

"If you attack with Wrath element, all skills +2 for self this round."

So Shi Heath makes you stronger if you use at least one Red skill per round. Neat.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Loxo321 posted:

A moment of silence for Don who went from full health (80 HP) to 0 on the 2nd turn of the beta combat video in the Korean section.

And ditto for Heathcliff who had the exact same thing happen in the English section.
I strongly suspect that there's a reason why you have such a large party. You're going to lose people every fight, and need to replace them as you go on. Everyone gets revived somehow once you get back to the trainbus.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've just gotten used to 'demo players' being dumb AF. If we were playing we'd be slowly making our way through every skill, weighing which of the two skill options is our best move for the turn, whether to defend or not, weighing the cost of an immediate EGO usage vs keeping passives online, while this player seems to be just going for big color chains.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I'm going to slap the game on AUTO and just watch people ding into each other. :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Will admit as a kid raised in the Bejeweled/Peggle/Plants vs Zombies/Diner Dash area of PC gaming before I got my first Wii and DSes, it will be hard to resist going for the big mono-color chains there's going to be.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Will admit as a kid raised in the Bejeweled/Peggle/Plants vs Zombies/Diner Dash area of PC gaming before I got my first Wii and DSes, it will be hard to resist going for the big mono-color chains there's going to be.
To be fair, it seems like you get +power bonuses when you chain so it's pretty important.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If you put off doing Binah's Abno fights until you reach Red Mist, can you have her join in the Big and Punishing Bird fights? Or does she only participate in Judgement and the Realization no matter what

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

Junpei posted:

If you put off doing Binah's Abno fights until you reach Red Mist, can you have her join in the Big and Punishing Bird fights? Or does she only participate in Judgement and the Realization no matter what
The latter. Binah only joins Abnormality fights against Judgment Bird and Realization.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Someone I know did some reverse-engineering on the video and figured out what Faust's Discharge and Don's Quick Recharge passives do:

Discharge: Spend 2 Charge at the start of each turn to gain 1 Strength
Quick Charge: All allies (That can spend/use Charge) gain 2 Charge at the start of each turn

WARP Don is gonna be clutch for a Charge-based team, giving Charge Regen will enable some fun builds I hope.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Was streaming Lobotomy Corp to some friends last night who had never seen the game before and got the plague doctor. It was getting late so I decided to have some fun by fully activating it and showing what it could do to a facility before wrapping things up.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How much would the gap between Blunt and Slash/Pierce close if they got two +1 Power passives like Blunt does?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

How much would the gap between Blunt and Slash/Pierce close if they got two +1 Power passives like Blunt does?
The short answer is it wouldn't, because Emma's keypage has A THIRD POWER BUFF that applies to all 3-cost pages. So Repressed Flesh is running at +3! Blunt is frankly the king of Urban Nightmare, and that's why it feels like everything in the lategame resists blunt.

The long answer is go look at Bamboo Hatted Kim's absolutely ridiculous passive list :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So from what I can tell, Ultimate Unga Yesod's constituent parts consist of:

The Strongest from Red Mist +
Chained Wrath for Maximum Speed +
Metallic Ringing because why not? You're using Blunt already +
Clean for extra Power against anything slower than you (read: Everything, because you have Maximum Speed) +
Any and all extra Passives that cue off of having high Speed (Chink In One's Armor, Talent, Myo's Prowess, Quantum Leap) +
Lament for bonus damage since you're debuffing with Metallic Ringing +
Regret and Solemn Lament for your EGO picks cuz they're both Blunt

= Unga Bunga, Baby!

(Still not sure on the core Key Page, which of Music/Coffin/Dark Flame for the capstone Abno page, and card choices, tho)

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

The Strongest from Red Mist +
Chained Wrath for Maximum Speed +
Metallic Ringing because why not? You're using Blunt already +
Clean for extra Power against anything slower than you (read: Everything, because you have Maximum Speed) +
Any and all extra Passives that cue off of having high Speed (Chink In One's Armor, Talent, Myo's Prowess, Quantum Leap) +
Lament for bonus damage since you're debuffing with Metallic Ringing +
Regret and Solemn Lament for your EGO picks cuz they're both Blunt

= Unga Bunga, Baby!

(Still not sure on the core Key Page, which of Music/Coffin/Dark Flame for the capstone Abno page, and card choices, tho)
Early game keypage is Emma, lategame keypage is Purple Tear. The only speed passive that matters is Myo's Prowess, all others are inherently lesser and thus not worth taking over, say, Fervor. Also, always Dark Flame.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 17, 2022

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Pierce has a bit of a niche since Will of the Prescript's otherwise terrible offensive dice both happen to be Pierce. Between that and the Workshop-affiliated fixers, Pierce can probably put out as much average damage as Blunt in Urban Nightmare except on Keter (but, well, Keter exists).

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

Junpei posted:

Also: Repetitive Pattern Recognition if you want light restoration after winning clash (which you will. All the time). Light won't be a problem anymore.

And Request for x2 book gain. Really good if you don't wanna grind since the other Book rate drops is in tier III Hokma.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

Pierce has a bit of a niche since Will of the Prescript's otherwise terrible offensive dice both happen to be Pierce. Between that and the Workshop-affiliated fixers, Pierce can probably put out as much average damage as Blunt in Urban Nightmare except on Keter (but, well, Keter exists).
Not really? Like, for the same cost as Refine and Transpierce you can use Repressed Flesh and Forceful Gesture for just flat out better rolls with much less effort. And +2 draw to boot. Blunt's got the advantage of Emma's page + Puppets giving +3 to its biggest pages (which you NEED Refine to match for Pierce, and even then you don't get that +1 to defensive dice that Emma gives), especially Repressed Flesh which is the only non-meme monotype offensive counter die in the tier, with the other one being Sharp Nails which is block/pierce/blunt/slash. There is, of course, To Claim Their Bones, but that doesn't count.

Blunt has the best pages in the tier no question with the Puppets stuff and an absurd boost from the Emma+Puppets combo, Slash has Bamboo-Hatted Kim and his gazillion passives, but Pierce is in a real bad place during Urban Nightmare.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Since there's that dialogue going on in the main thread, but here we can talk spoilers, who would you pick to voice the Reverb Ensemble member?

Robbie Daymond is my pick for Phillip. I feel like Cristina Vee as Eileen, Kira Buckland as Elena could work?

I'm not sure which of D.C. Douglass, Jamieson Price or Keith Silverstein would be best as Pluto, and which would work better as Hokma.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Not really? Like, for the same cost as Refine and Transpierce you can use Repressed Flesh and Forceful Gesture for just flat out better rolls with much less effort. And +2 draw to boot. Blunt's got the advantage of Emma's page + Puppets giving +3 to its biggest pages (which you NEED Refine to match for Pierce, and even then you don't get that +1 to defensive dice that Emma gives), especially Repressed Flesh which is the only non-meme monotype offensive counter die in the tier, with the other one being Sharp Nails which is block/pierce/blunt/slash. There is, of course, To Claim Their Bones, but that doesn't count.

Blunt has the best pages in the tier no question with the Puppets stuff and an absurd boost from the Emma+Puppets combo, Slash has Bamboo-Hatted Kim and his gazillion passives, but Pierce is in a real bad place during Urban Nightmare.

Counterpoint - you get the pierce passives in late Urban Plague and it can carry you through most of Urban Nightmare. Extract Fuel, Sweep the Backstreets, and Will of the Precept are all pretty solid cards.

Blunt gets a lot of raw power after Puppets but unless you knew ahead of time and beelined puppets, it is likely you'll get more mileage out of pierce for the Urban Nightmare tier.

Blunt gets a shorter time to shine too because Star of the City introduces a lot more powerful stuff to play with rather than monotype stacking.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

WarpedLichen posted:

Blunt gets a shorter time to shine too because Star of the City introduces a lot more powerful stuff to play with rather than monotype stacking.

Blunt stops shining as hard after SotC because PM realised they hosed up by giving it puppets carnivale and Smiling Faces so they make every enemy resistant to it, Dark flame makes every boss hilariously easy to cheese with Unga Bunga

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

WarpedLichen posted:

Counterpoint - you get the pierce passives in late Urban Plague and it can carry you through most of Urban Nightmare. Extract Fuel, Sweep the Backstreets, and Will of the Precept are all pretty solid cards.

Blunt gets a lot of raw power after Puppets but unless you knew ahead of time and beelined puppets, it is likely you'll get more mileage out of pierce for the Urban Nightmare tier.

Countercounterpoint: Yesod uses Red Mist better than Gebura can, with the "+1-3 blunt but all your speed dice are set to 1" giving you infinite speed when paired with The Strongest, and another +5 power when combined with Myo's Prowess. The Purple Tear, one of the best keypages in the game, encourages monotype stacking even harder. And Solemn Lament, Yesod's best EGO page, is also monoblunt. Blunt does in fact get even stronger with SotC's stuff, though getting the most out of it requires you to both know what you're doing and sacrifice Gebura's keypage to appease the dark gods of Unga. The only thing that slows it down is everything resisting Blunt, which is mitigated by...

MetaMeme posted:

Blunt stops shining as hard after SotC because PM realised they hosed up by giving it puppets carnivale and Smiling Faces so they make every enemy resistant to it, Dark flame makes every boss hilariously easy to cheese with Unga Bunga
...this.

Everything and it's mom resisting Blunt doesn't matter when the infinite speed power stacker floor gets to just turn that poo poo off once it hits Emotion 5. Like, you're right when you say that SotC gives you very powerful tools that make Blunt not as absolutely dominant as it is in Urban Nightmare, but you're always going to want to run at least one Blunt-focused deck on Yesod's floor in order to take advantage of all the Blunt synergy he has. And if you know how to bend the rules to your favour via attributing the Red Mist, that Blunt nugget is going to be the most powerful thing in the game.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I find it kind of funny (in an idle, casual, 'light chuckle' sorta way) that when picking the Chinese rep for their literary inspirations, they went with the one of the Four Great Classical Chinese Novels with the least amount of violence in it.

Journey To The West? Basically the prototype for every shonen battle series ever.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Literally about a massive war.
Water Margin? It's the backstories of 108 bandits, there's quite a lot of fighting.

But, no they picked Dreams of the Red Chamber, the one that's mostly familial drama and love triangles (at least from the broad overviews I've read of it). I'm not making fun of them for it, I'm quite interested to see what they do with Hong Lu, but it's just lightly funny to me.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Junpei posted:

I find it kind of funny (in an idle, casual, 'light chuckle' sorta way) that when picking the Chinese rep for their literary inspirations, they went with the one of the Four Great Classical Chinese Novels with the least amount of violence in it.

Journey To The West? Basically the prototype for every shonen battle series ever.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Literally about a massive war.
Water Margin? It's the backstories of 108 bandits, there's quite a lot of fighting.

But, no they picked Dreams of the Red Chamber, the one that's mostly familial drama and love triangles (at least from the broad overviews I've read of it). I'm not making fun of them for it, I'm quite interested to see what they do with Hong Lu, but it's just lightly funny to me.

it's possible they picked Dreams of the Red Chamber for precisely those reasons: that the other three would be "too easy". Everyone already knows Dragon Ball (Journey to the West), Dynasty Warriors (Romance of the Three Kingdoms), and Suikoden (Water Margin).

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

WarpedLichen posted:

in late Urban Plague

GilliamYaeger posted:

Countercounterpoint: Yesod uses Red Mist better than Gebura can, with the "+1-3 blunt but all your speed dice are set to 1" giving you infinite speed when paired with The Strongest, and another +5 power when combined with Myo's Prowess.

dude

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

WarpedLichen posted:

because Star of the City
Yes?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I mean Myo Strongest is kinda busted good no matter what you use so I'm not sure using blunt there is even that great when you also get a ton of other busted abnormality strats available.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
That sheer level of brokenness is only really useful for bragging rights

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Another Limbus video's gonna be dropping early tomorrow morning, but I have an appointment on Friday so I need to sleep regular hours and can't stay up to 2 in the morning for when it drops.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

i sure can reading comprehension good

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
A beautiful cover of String Theocracy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBrKQzx1kJg

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afGI8myMWQw

Abnormality/boss battle demonstration. Proper Ruina combat complete with targeted clashing!

It seems you can target either enemy speed dice to clash or their limbs for targeted damage to disable the boss's passives by staggering the limb? The EGO attacks look different, too...like it's supercharged or something.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 20, 2022

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afGI8myMWQw

Abnormality/boss battle demonstration. Proper Ruina combat complete with targeted clashing!

It seems you can target either enemy speed dice to clash or their limbs for targeted damage to disable the boss's passives by staggering the limb? The EGO attacks look different, too...like it's supercharged or something.

The different EGO attacks are EGO corrosion. In the Combat System video, it mentions that when you use EGO at low sanity, it has a high chance of happening. It seems that being in an Abnormality battle lowers your sanity quite a bit.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

The different EGO attacks are EGO corrosion. In the Combat System video, it mentions that when you use EGO at low sanity, it has a high chance of happening. It seems that being in an Abnormality battle lowers your sanity quite a bit.
I'm pretty sure it's not corrosion, looks different and the user doesn't go berserk afterwards.

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not corrosion, looks different and the user doesn't go berserk afterwards.

I mean, the example shown in the Combat System video, Rodion 4th Match Flame Corrosion, was used during the korean part of the video, with pretty much the same circumstances as the other ones.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GilliamYaeger posted:

Ego corrosion is a chance of going berserk from what I saw, and it sure looked like they were getting warnings against repeated EGO use from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Went back through the footage and worked out what was twigging my "this is different somehow" senses.

The backgrounds disappear when you use EGO during Abnormality fights. I'm not sure what the significance of this is, if there's even any.