Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Fortaleza posted:

cjs: doing a mandatory training on protecting SAP's Intellectual Property, as if it were a real and worthwhile concept

i did an internship at SAP many years ago, i still remember one of the newsletters talking about how they won a big contract at delphi with the heading "SAP Beats Oracle at Delphi"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

cls: got home from once a week mando in office while a bigass storm is rolling through with a bunch of water coming into my basement. dehumidifier sitting in a puddle looking like a dickhead

Asleep Style fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 20, 2022

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jonny 290 posted:

im not only spoilering this link but also breaking it in not one but two spots. if i get banned still, i'll take my whuppins and leave

:nms: :nws: https://twitter.com/constrpt/status/15066 60529 611620355 :nms: :nws:

???

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gnossiennes posted:

cjs: had six hours straight of meetings for the second time this week but at least I was wfh today so i could sleep in a lil.

i told my husband about problems i was having with my manager and he thinks my manager is having mental health issues, but no one else on my team seems to have any problems with him, so I think i'm just an unreliable narrator and bad at reading situations and making mountains out of molehills

The only conflict nowadays is psychic warfare so molehills can and should be cultivated into mountains as long as it furthers your own ends. Just be aware that husband's advice is gonna be more radically filtered by your bias than his own approach to problem solving. Still useful, but you gotta translate back to original language before you do action.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290 posted:

im not only spoilering this link but also breaking it in not one but two spots. if i get banned still, i'll take my whuppins and leave

:nms: :nws: https://twitter.com/constrpt/status/15066 60529 611620355 :nms: :nws:

Hehehehe hoohohohoho

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
cjs: Figured out why this request was failing but not logging anything. It successfully goes through, after 27 minutes. Gonna be a fun day tomorrow.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

KirbyKhan posted:

The only conflict nowadays is psychic warfare so molehills can and should be cultivated into mountains as long as it furthers your own ends. Just be aware that husband's advice is gonna be more radically filtered by your bias than his own approach to problem solving. Still useful, but you gotta translate back to original language before you do action.

there's not really action for me to take other than getting off my rear end and working on portfolio, while hoping my manager doesn't catch wind of it i guess??

i need to figure out what's ok for me to put in my portfolio though and idk who to ask for that. the only other people in my field have been here their whole careers, so they're not real useful on that front. most advice i can find is targeted at college students, or things like "do side projects and show those," but i am burnt out enough without spending my free time on work samples.

guess it's time to cultivate the ~grindset~

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c life s: started a project with vue.js because I couldn't get an idea out of my head please shoot me now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

what is that man doing to his sandcastle

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

looked at tweet

new to me, but roughly what I expected

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Just picked up my mom at the airport and her luggage is full of Icelandic chocolate and salmon.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cjs: i hate our tests so much and am too drat busy to do anything about it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Just picked up my mom at the airport and her luggage is full of Icelandic chocolate and salmon.

omnom and krapp are great

not so much of a fan of bonus’s cumming pig mascot

animist
Aug 28, 2018
hello cjs thread

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1527463242813132811

lol

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I'm still wondering what the hell Jonny was looking at on Twitter to end up with that

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the Joe Thornton curse looms heavy over the panthers :smith:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

animist posted:

hello cjs thread

hello

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

quarantinethepast posted:

I'm still wondering what the hell Jonny was looking at on Twitter to end up with that

i've seen one where a guy fires off like three feet, almost hitting the phone he was filming with. funny and disturbing

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

where were the rest of the legs?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

that stuff is the actual proper use of twitter not screaming jnto the void about politics or whatever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

just crossposted from the cursed images channel in yosslack is all

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

friend got out of the psych ward today, hope they're doing better but they've got a history of being in and out so

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

you know how in-n-out burger prints bible verses on their wrappers? well today i learned they're not the only company that does that

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: friday. exciting!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

did you post that because i said in and out or is that just a wacky coincidence

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cjs: 3pl is so backed up they're asking people to go to the warehouse and pick items for shipping lol.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

hbag posted:

did you post that because i said in and out or is that just a wacky coincidence

wacky coincidence, i was reading another thread where someone used the abbreviation ACOG, which i went to look up and found this subsection leading to that article

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: considering a move downstate to get the gently caress away from the city. Found a house that's ~$60k less than ours is "zestimated" and we've got so much poo poo that needs to be fixed to sell this crap shack

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dioxazine posted:

cjs: friday. exciting!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Video Nasty posted:

cjs: considering a move downstate to get the gently caress away from the city. Found a house that's ~$60k less than ours is "zestimated" and we've got so much poo poo that needs to be fixed to sell this crap shack

yosposters fleeing to the suburbs?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

bane voice: you've merely adapted to the suburbs. i was born in it, molded by it

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

why would you flee the city tho, what's wrong besides costs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nobody cared who i was until i forgot to pull my trash cans up from the curb until the next day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Share Bear posted:

why would you flee the city tho, what's wrong besides costs

whats wrong with war besides all the death, pain and suffering

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Cities are cool, it's where all the stuff is

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cities are great. they're where all the people and stuff are.

small towns and the country are great. nice pace of life, closer to nature.

suburbs are in between and i 100% seriously think that they are at the root of a lot of social rot

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

Cities are cool, it's where all the stuff is

Cities are cool, and actual wild areas are cool.

there is a whole lot of lovely stuff in between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the homeowners association is the sixth reich