Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

everything is covid even when it isn't

can’t wait to get both at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So far in the last month and a half 4 of my coworkers have caught it and I just found out like a half-dozen people in my extended family caught it (double-boostered). They're all feeling pretty much fine for the most part (cold-like symptoms) but it's going around more than I recall than with BA.1. Mostly because nobody is doing a single thing to avoid it for the most part. We just had commencement last week and this is the first time in two years it was done in-person. Super-spreader event probably.

That being said, vaccination rate for the university is ~97% with like a 70-something percent booster rate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

you can also request a health worker to come swab you (for free) here, but idk anyone who has actually done it so i can't speak to its efficacy

that sounds much better though and i wish cryptomayor eric adams wasn't in charge

tbf my mayor mostly sucks, too, but she's at least done good with this

though now we're just not reporting covid rates so that's bad!

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

my whole family has COVID right now but I think it came from my kids school because I haven’t seen an office since lockdown

my wife didn’t test positive on rapid until her symptoms started improving

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
rode my bike to work. it's around 12 and sunny so great weather for it. unpack everything at the office and I've forgotten my notebook and mousepad. after a couple meetings, pack up at 11:15 and go back home lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you bring a mousepad to work with you every day? you're a madman

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the only thing i miss from office work is when people wanted to use my workstation and i use left hand settings for everything

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

the new desk surfaces don't work with my mouse very well, so I need something under it.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

you know i keep that mf thang on me

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i know i shouldn't be surprised, but.. well, i am

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Blinkz0rz posted:

currently trying to figure out if we have covid and it's kind of poo poo show

my kid started getting symptoms on friday. we gave him a rapid test that day and it came up negative. he was also tested on tuesday as part of his regular school testing process and came up negative. i started having symptoms on sunday so i took a rapid test and it was negative. my wife has no symptoms and feels fine. all three of us have been taking rapid tests since then, i think 9 or 10 between the three of us and we haven't had a positive test. does this mean we don't have covid? who the heck knows!

trying to navigate getting a pcr through our doc's office which is a delightful experience as well

lol it’s the flu

good poo poo y’all

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My tech lead hated the new job and is coming back next month but they already gave me a raise for taking over his responsibilities. big lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My tech lead hated the new job and is coming back next month but they already gave me a raise for taking over his responsibilities. big lol

are you his lead now

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

they already gave me a raise

grats

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol they just let him come back

Apr 7, 2003

cowboy beepboop posted:

lol they just let him come back

Dude's independently rich, his dad was a big deal ortho surgeon and left him a giant portfolio of rental properties, he doesn't need to work. Dude has four ferraris lol

We're bleeding talent at an insane rate and the directors are panicking, so he essentially took a two month vacation

no one's talking about taking my raise away so I'll take it. He and I had the same title and will continue to have the same title.

Apr 7, 2003

he's the one rich guy I've ever met who isn't a complete twat about it. He has one of those 1980s lovely Ferarris so when he got to work I used to play the Magnum PI theme.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

He has one of those 1980s lovely Ferarris so when he got to work I used to play the Magnum PI theme.

Lol

Apr 7, 2003

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

same

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
rats are pretty cute

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I work with some young people and one of them just said "that would be real cash money of you" to me

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Stereotype posted:

I work with some young people and one of them just said "that would be real cash money of you" to me

after you take care of the thing let them know that everythings gucci

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stereotype posted:

did you keep in 💯when you responded???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

were you a quirked up white boy with a little bit of swag busting it down sexual style.. are you goated with the sauce?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i said "cool beans" i think lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i say cool beans, groovy, and tubular all the time

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Stereotype posted:

i said "cool beans" i think lol

if you remember the evolution of "cool" there was peachy and there was keen and then it became peachy keen. you are historically justified to say "bussin cool" to the kids as there is precedent

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
rode bicycle to work today, 16C so great weather for it there and coming home. remembered to take all my poo poo so had a productive day.

and because it's Wednesday it's now raining lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

radical man. that's far out

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dioxazine posted:

if you remember the evolution of "cool" there was peachy and there was keen and then it became peachy keen. you are historically justified to say "bussin cool" to the kids as there is precedent

cool bussy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
god drat it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

i say cool beans, groovy, and tubular all the time

https://twitter.com/threatnotation/status/1529626371990880259

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

baller, dope, sick

but never dopesick

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hella sick

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the teens are all installing freebsd these days

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
is "games are fun" a tautology?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

no

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
with the way modern games are designed, it's not even generally true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i guess the games that were depicted in the cinema experience "the saw saga" were not fun at all. super unpleasant to even watch in fact