Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Fortaleza posted:

Never been able to speak French beyond tourist phrases but at points in my life I've been called "conversational" for german and portuguese. Like B1 level

One of the things I like about Spanish is that it's so ubiquitous in the US that you get a background level of exposure even if you're not practicing every day. You have to actively seek out Portuguese or German speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

hbag posted:

average US gender reveal party

the soviet system was more efficient, they did the next 200 years of em all at the same time

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hbag posted:

all right. this was pretty good

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hbag posted:

emptyquotin' baggers

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Achmed Jones posted:

i agree but until there's social infrastructure, im gonna have to raise my kid in a place that:

1. wont try to murder him if he's gay, or trans, or whatever
2. will let my wife get medical care she might need
3. i can buy a house in
4. (this is a big one!!) won't burn us all alive
5. preferable but not necessary: has good public schools and stuff

so that means the suburbs of california. i'd rather live in LA but (3) and (5) don't work. i could move to the sticks and would love it, but then (4). i could move to a non-coastal part of CA, OR, or WA but (1).

once the boy is an adult (1) and (5) wont be issues any more, and (2) likely won't be either as ms jones and i age. then i can start lookin at non-california intersections of (3) and (4) maybe

my family could never afford a home, not sure why that's a need

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Maybe I should move into a truck like that one Google guy so I can afford a house in my mid 30s

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
doesnt work like that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Lady Radia posted:

you dont understand why other people have different priorities than you do? ok

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its one of the shared us-chinese pathologies, that you gotta be havin a mortgage to have a middle class kid

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
middle class isn't real, bob.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: going to log out early and take a nap

fully expect that the weekend thread will be deployed to prod by the time i wake up

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

middle class isn't real, bob.

i mean, there isnt one anymore but it was deffo a thing and we're faffin around in the remnants

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

quarantinethepast posted:

Maybe I should move into a truck like that one Google guy so I can afford a house in my mid 30s

the trick is to work next to a theme park, buy an annual pass, and eat twice a day there for $150/yr for three years.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

did the theme park have good food or was it like nonstop hotdogs and wings

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
why the "or"

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

oh man that reminded me that ribfest is coming back and I never been so excited to put so much meat in me. A couple years ago I caught the B-52s live and had awesome ribs

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Share Bear posted:

did the theme park have good food or was it like nonstop hotdogs and wings

at first it was nothing but cheapshit burgers, iirc, but since he was there so much he worked with them on expanding their menu.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Share Bear posted:

nonstop hotdogs

agreed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

I never been so excited to put so much meat in me

txt me

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

based on how often i used to eat em i am probably 3-5% hot dog

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

the trick is to work next to a theme park, buy an annual pass, and eat twice a day there for $150/yr for three years.

another good option is to work/live next to a costco. buck fifty hot dog and drink all day erry day

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i miss polish dog

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you can still make your own

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

im not only spoilering this link but also breaking it in not one but two spots. if i get banned still, i'll take my whuppins and leave

:nms: :nws: https://twitter.com/constrpt/status/15066 60529 611620355 :nms: :nws:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

god i need a new job.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

post hole digger posted:

god i need a new job.

what i need is universal health care. If i have health care, i will retire and make room for young people to move up and just sit around the house fixing stuff and making weird poo poo out of wood.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

post hole digger posted:

god i need a new job.

You could be a film producer, OP

https://twitter.com/mattprigge/status/1135968584574885889

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i'm not ready to cut my habit back that much yet.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Or you could be a philosopher:
https://twitter.com/curiouswavefn/status/1180601316550164481?t=8fEKlrsBEjz6faPOSuIgIQ&s=19

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 20, 2022

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

thank you thread title hope everyone has a lovely weekend

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

cjs: "the regular expression can be put in configuration and then we can handle any changes as config changes instead of code changes"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I've done that

I don't recommend it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cjs: used delete this; in c++ code to fix a bug

not sure if i should be proud of the solution, ashamed of the smell, or suspicious that it worked

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this is just your standard french lifestyle

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

not sure if i should be proud of the solution, ashamed of the smell, or suspicious that it worked

delete this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ciaphas posted:

all of the above

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Lady Radia posted:

i'd rather have a house than a family

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Jonny 290 posted:

im pretty sad both of the miata buys fell through as i really wanted to 2lane a big rear end trip. the ford's still really good for that and i've got it set up as a little mobile camper, with a cot and heater and such, but it'd be really fun to do it in a gay little sports car

late in replying to this post, but you really gotta keep the search up, man. my dad's got a 2nd-gen miata that a few years ago he had a jackson racing supercharger kit installed on (along with a rollbar because that's required for participating in scca racing events with a soft-top) and it's a loving blast, especially with that s/c on it. motherfucker will get up and GO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1527862026197942273

mcdavid is ridiculous