Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Binary Badger posted:

What also sucks is the Zyrtec losing its effectiveness after a while and then you have to switch to something else because your body has built up a tolerance to it.

Getting older also means you can't leap out of your bed and scream "A-HAAAAHH" anymore to wake up. If I do that, I either pull something or my legs buckle out from under me.

you should start lifting weights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i don’t understand. ive been overweight and sedentary for nearly 35 years already without any major problems, why would problems appear now?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drat just found out dads got bowel cancer

no idea of stage or anything

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

sorry about your dad, echi.

if they catch't it early, it's very curable. bowel cancer runs in my family, and I know I shouldn't hestitate to see a doc if I'm starting to have weird stomach problems. also ready for uncomfortable screenings starting in my 50s.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks dude

turns out he had lymphoma in 2019 and didn’t tell anyone wtf. this is actually a relapse and it’s not bowel cancer but a tumour on his bowel from the lymphoma

at least that’s what I know now. need to find out more. it’s an awful situation mostly because of how poorly my dad has treated everyone in his life and the amount of disdain everyone carrys for him. apparently my mum just told me he left her for other women five times . idk why she let him back tbh. he’s an awful granddad. my son said he didn’t feel sad because he doesn’t have an emotional connection with him.. a man he sees 4-5 times per week. im about the only person left who has any patience for him at all.

anyway. it’s friday night

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
my old man bought it from lymphoma.

wife managed to fly in from japan with our 1 month old son the day he died. probably the last lucid moment he had was telling my mom to gently caress off when she tried to pose him for a photo with the baby, lol.

miss the grouchy old bastard all the time.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
that sucks echi, even if you're not terribly close

my dad died almost ten years ago now from esophageal cancer

(gently caress cancer)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks :/ gonna go visit today and find out more. try to find out about this hiding lymphoma from us but also how the heck he managed to do that lol

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
everybody remember to get your butthole scoped, it ain't fun but it's important

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trig Discipline posted:

everybody remember to get your butthole scoped, it ain't fun but it's important

last time i did i woke up near the end so i got to feel 100% of them removing it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i did the whole thing wide awake because the "sedatives" they give you in japan are basically just tic tacs

literally didn't even feel sleepy or relaxed, just wide awake while being spelunked

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

did they find any treasure or lost cavers

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

no but they found his head

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PokeJoe posted:

did they find any treasure or lost cavers

just your mom's wedding ring

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Trig Discipline posted:

Why was his mom's wedding ring up your rear end in a top hat?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Why was his mom's wedding ring up your rear end in a top hat?
She's a left-handed fister

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
hosed up

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Trig Discipline posted:

im glad she's still getting out there

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'll let her know you found her ring

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Another caper solved by the yospos posting crew. good job!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

thanks :/ gonna go visit today and find out more. try to find out about this hiding lymphoma from us but also how the heck he managed to do that lol

turns out he’s got three weeks. dunno what to think tbh. welp

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Oh God echi I'm so sorry

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

That sucks, sorry to hear that friend

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
sry m8, take care of yourself

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

poo poo echi, im sorry to hear that. sucks real bad man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks friends

kinda surreal tbh, because while I am unsure how I will feel after he leaves, at the moment he is still here. defo limbo feeling.

appreciate the support

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

one love echi. condolences

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

echinopsis posted:

thanks friends

kinda surreal tbh, because while I am unsure how I will feel after he leaves, at the moment he is still here. defo limbo feeling.

appreciate the support

i had dreams for months and months after my dad died that he was still alive, that he'd faked his death because of some kind of tax dodge or something (he never dodged taxes or anything remotely like it)

i don't have any regrets about things i wish i'd said to him or anything like that, but i do regret that like my mom and everyone that was around weren't more up front about the fact that he was dying. everyone was in a weird kind of denial about it which queered things in a certain way. although honestly i don't know how much of that was on him, he never really brought it up either.

i do hope when i die i've got the capacity and opportunity address it directly with everyone around me, but maybe i'll feel different at the moment of truth. i think it would make the transition a lot easier on everyone involved.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stringent posted:

i had dreams for months and months after my dad died that he was still alive, that he'd faked his death because of some kind of tax dodge or something (he never dodged taxes or anything remotely like it)
I still have dreams my father is alive and being a shithead to me and he's been dead nigh on 15 years

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

sorry about your dad, Echi.

both my folks are gone. life will derail for a while.

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 21, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sorry to hear that echi

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

echinopsis posted:

turns out he’s got three weeks. dunno what to think tbh. welp

Oof, sorry to hear!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

thanks friends

appreciate the support

sorry dude. these liminal emotional moments are hard to navigate. be kind to yourself.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Awful news, sorry to hear it echi

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I still have dreams my father is alive and being a shithead to me and he's been dead nigh on 15 years

yeah they do hang around a while, don't they? i lost my dad almost thirty years ago. we weren't close, and he was in many ways a giant rear end in a top hat, but i still find myself having one-sided conversations with him in my head. mostly of the "why the gently caress were you like this" variety

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah they do hang around a while, don't they? i lost my dad almost thirty years ago. we weren't close, and he was in many ways a giant rear end in a top hat, but i still find myself having one-sided conversations with him in my head. mostly of the "why the gently caress were you like this" variety
I kind of understated it, my father was a fuckin monster and I deeply regret not murdering him in his sleep

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
my dad was enough of a dick that i didn’t cry when he died or anything but i sort of regretted the fact that i never had good parents

still threw me for a loop three years after his death to be looking at the farm in google maps vr and (completely unexpectedly) see him looking at the road as mapvan drove by

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I got lucky in that regard because my mom is fuckin awesome, although I do feel really bad that he was able to so effectively drive a wedge between me and her with his mindfucks once she finally loving left him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

ah shot sorry echi