Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
Centaurworld got good for me around episode 3 because I finally understood its style of humor. I definitely enjoyed watching it.

The plot is introduced in the first episode: Horse wants to find a way out of Centaurworld, but for the first few episodes it's not clear how she'll do that, so it wanders a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

stellae posted:

Centaurworld got good for me around episode 3 because I finally understood its style of humor. I definitely enjoyed watching it.

The plot is introduced in the first episode: Horse wants to find a way out of Centaurworld, but for the first few episodes it's not clear how she'll do that, so it wanders a bit more.

Gotcha, I assume there’s more to the show than just goofy adventures with singing animals?

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing

Larryb posted:

Gotcha, I assume there’s more to the show than just goofy adventures with singing animals?

Yes, but most of it is later on in the show.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you just have to get past an incredibly obnoxious and offputting first episode and then the show is pretty solid from that point forward (I get why the first episode is the way that it is, but the pacing introducing everyone is just so crazy)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

If you liked Adventure Time, you'll like Centaurworld. It's very similar in tone, blending weird goofy shenanigans in a magical world with some heavy dark stuff underneath.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So the show is better than the premise on Wikipedia makes it out to be then. Good to know, thanks

Back on topic, do we know how long the three specials that make up the Owl House series finale are going to be each (I heard most if not all of them were double length at least)?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yep, three double episodes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

Yep, three double episodes.

I assume we still know nothing about the final season yet other than that?

Though in any case I imagine we’ll probably start getting more info after next week’s episode.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As for the latest episode, Odalia status: Still a huge bitch

On the bright side, Luz and Amity finally got a proper kiss

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
It says a lot about Odalia that she doesn’t know that Belos plans on killing every single witch, and even she won’t be safe. True to life and also horrifically realistic.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Now that she’s currently en route to the emperor I’m looking forward to potentially seeing Luz Vs Belos Round 2, though counting the specials we’ve still got 4 episodes left (7 technically since the last 3 are 44 minutes each)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 21, 2022

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
crikey

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The animation for the kiss scene looked so fuckin' good, holy poo poo. I'm glad they gave it the extra care and budget it deserved.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Welp, Odalia is monster after all (her view on the situation is literally “gently caress you, got mine”) and unless they find some decent way of redeeming her before the series is over then I hope she at least gets what she deserves once Belos turns on her. Good on Alador for standing up for his kids though.

Curious to learn more about the Collector as well since they appear to have the personality of a child and some sort of mental link with King

Next time: Season 2 comes to a close as the Day of Unity begins and poo poo gets real

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 21, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well so much for my theory that the hand of the free market would sway Odalia to the side of good. Kinda curious what was up with her weird ghost gem.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Either she was a lot nicer in her youth or the sex was incredible because otherwise I’m not sure what someone like Alador ever saw in that woman (also even if Odalia survives and actually does something good for once I’m not sure her family is ever going to forgive her for this)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Either she was a lot nicer in her youth or the sex was incredible because otherwise I’m not sure what someone like Alador ever saw in that woman (also even if Odalia survives and actually does something good for once I’m not sure her family is ever going to forgive her for this)

It could be both!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

It could be both!

Also true, in the Eda flashback episode we did see the two of them hanging out on the steps of Hexside with another student I forget and they seemed to be having fun.

Redemption is still possible I guess (Amphibia managed to successfully do it with Andrias after all) but it’s gonna take some work and we don’t have a whole lot of time left now. Belos absolutely needs to die however

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
My god that kiss made me want to tear up. :ohdear:

And that twist at the end genuinely got me. The set up for it was so good having Luz whisper her plan to Gus, and then the thing with Amity's dad happening immediately after, you almost forget until the reveal happens. It's so good I don't even really have the words

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

My god that kiss made me want to tear up. :ohdear:

And that twist at the end genuinely got me. The set up for it was so good having Luz whisper her plan to Gus, and then the thing with Amity's dad happening immediately after, you almost forget until the reveal happens. It's so good I don't even really have the words

I was surprised even though they showed "Luz" blatantly do Hunter's flash-step move to save Willow. I was all, "Wait, she doesn't have a power like that," and still didn't put it together before the reveal.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

Well so much for my theory that the hand of the free market would sway Odalia to the side of good. Kinda curious what was up with her weird ghost gem.

Maybe it's something like Hunter's staff that lets her do magic and she can't ordinarily do magic anymore - and thus doesn't have a coven sigil. Otherwise it seems kind of stupid that Odalia is somehow going along with Belos's "kill everybody" plot when she is a subset of "everybody."

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Madurai posted:

I was surprised even though they showed "Luz" blatantly do Hunter's flash-step move to save Willow. I was all, "Wait, she doesn't have a power like that," and still didn't put it together before the reveal.

Apparently I didn't either because I totally missed that! :downs:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

Maybe it's something like Hunter's staff that lets her do magic and she can't ordinarily do magic anymore - and thus doesn't have a coven sigil. Otherwise it seems kind of stupid that Odalia is somehow going along with Belos's "kill everybody" plot when she is a subset of "everybody."

She’s going along with it because she’s a greedy bitch who thinks she’ll be one of the “chosen” (despite Belos’ forces taking over her company back at the end of her first appearance), which admittedly is in keeping with what we know about her (“gently caress you, got mine” basically).

Like I said, either they’re going to find some way of redeeming her (which doesn’t seem likely at this point) or she’ll be one of the first against the wall when the Day of Unity hits

Also we saw in the same episode that she can use telepathy via the gem so I guess summoning that weird ghost Stand isn’t completely out of the realm of possibility

And yeah, I missed “Luz” doing Hunter’s flash-step move as well. Nice catch

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 22, 2022

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Odalia chat Going by what we've seen of her (life philosophy beginning and ending at FYGM), in her youth she would've been a manipulative person pretending to be likable and sweet to people like Alador, who is sort of the stereotypic absent-minded professor. Because she saw him as a means to attaining power, and maybe the sex was also good.

Latest episode general spoilers Hooty only got one line, but it was still on point. Hoot hoot! Also, they were really hard up on time so it's probably nothing, but the cut away from Eda and Rainstorm (great nickname!) right before she got her mark made me a little suspicious of a ~*surprise twist*~ down the line. But at the same time I was blind-sided by the illusion swap, so I am guessing my twist detector is not properly calibrated :ohdear:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah that makes sense, I assume Odalia was a spoiled child from a rich family that saw Alador as a useful tool and charmed her way into his good graces. Glad to see the latter has a backbone though and genuinely loves his kids even if it took a while for him to stand up for them.

I’m guessing that Belos’ main agents at this point are Kikimora (only cares about getting ahead), Terra (she’s a psychopath), and Odalia for reasons already explained and I don’t see things ending well for any of them.

Like I said, I’m looking forward to Luz Vs Belos Round 2 (especially now that the former has a lot more tricks at her disposal and hates his guts along with herself for inadvertently helping him). I kind of want to see Willow take on Terra at some point as well

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Kikimora is awful. I love her.

I just love saying her name.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

It is fun to say yeah. I'm curious if the three I mentioned will be first against the wall come the Day of Unity or if Belos will keep a couple servants around to deal with the few wild witches still on the island (since apparently the draining spell will only affect those who bear a sigil)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 22, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Happy Landfill posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikimora

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m assuming the final battles are going to go something like this (provided the first 3 are still alive/on Belos’ side once the Day of Unity hits):

Hunter Vs Kikimora

Willow Vs Terra (possibly with Gus as backup)

Amity (and likely the rest of her family) Vs Odalia

Luz Vs Belos

The other characters will likely help one of the above or be off doing their own thing. I am curious what’s gonna happen with the Collector though seeing as they appear to have some sort of vague mental link with King/possibly titans in general and a very childish personality.

Since the season finale will kick off the Day of Unity as per the description I assume the final three episodes will basically be this show’s Weirdmageddon with Luz and those that remain banding together to fight back

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Larryb posted:

I’m assuming the final battles are going to go something like this (provided the first 3 are still alive/on Belos’ side once the Day of Unity hits):

Hunter Vs Kikimora

Willow Vs Terra (possibly with Gus as backup)

Amity (and likely the rest of her family) Vs Odalia

Luz Vs Belos

The other characters will likely help one of the above or be off doing their own thing. I am curious what’s gonna happen with the Collector though seeing as they appear to have some sort of vague mental link with King/possibly titans in general and a very childish personality.

Since the season finale will kick off the Day of Unity as per the description I assume the final three episodes will basically be this show’s Weirdmageddon with Luz and those that remain banding together to fight back

I get the vibe that the Collector is going to be the big Season 3 villain (the way they phrased wanting to play their games seemed especially ominous to me). 50/50 if they'll end up redeemed though.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm going to be the boring one and say that I hope the finale isn't all MCU laser beam fights between various pairings. Having a big Luz v. Belos fight would be good, but the rest of the world saving could be people using their words, too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I get the vibe that the Collector is going to be the big Season 3 villain (the way they phrased wanting to play their games seemed especially ominous to me). 50/50 if they'll end up redeemed though.

Yeah that’s kind of what I’m thinking (in King’s dream at the start of the previous episode they seemed almost lonely but in their other appearances they’re basically clowning around with Belos)

I’m pretty confident Belos/Phillip is absolutely not going to be redeemed at this point though (it’s just a matter of whether he meets his end by one of the main cast, the Collector betraying him, or by his own hand somehow).

I’m still hoping the human realm winds up getting involved with this somehow as I really want Camila to see her daughter in action, meet Amity and the others, and maybe kick some more rear end with her chancla

Also I’m kind of curious what Luz’s palisman will inevitably hatch into (I’m guessing a bat or some kind of bird like the rest of the Clawthorne family)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 22, 2022

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

All I really ask of this show is that the Clawthorne sisters get their mojo back so I can see Lily and Eda wreck faces as a team again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Larryb posted:

Also I’m kind of curious what Luz’s palisman will inevitably hatch into (I’m guessing a bat or some kind of bird like the rest of the Clawthorne family)

An otter.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madurai posted:

All I really ask of this show is that the Clawthorne sisters get their mojo back so I can see Lily and Eda wreck faces as a team again.

Yeah, Harpy Mode is cool and all, but the fight at the end of season 1 was rad and I want a repeat

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, the Clawthorne sisters back in action and unleashing their full power on their distant great+ uncle’s forces would be awesome to see (or at the very least give Lily a Harpy Mode as well)

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Senerio posted:

An otter.

with a dark side

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Madurai posted:

with a dark side

Edgy talking otter companion

Also I kind of want Luz to somehow whip up that magic rocket launcher from her fantasy at the start of the series (I’m still betting that in a dire situation we’ll see her somehow cast a spell without a glyph).

It’d be kind of ironic if Luz wound up taking Eda’s former position as the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles by the end of things (she did quickly go from outcast to local hero after all)

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
You know one thing I thought was interesting about Odalia is that she had no problem with Amity having a girlfriend. She probably wouldn't have a problem with Amity having a human girlfriend. She just didn't want Amity dating Luz, who is the Emperor's enemy and a wanted felon, which is reasonable on one level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, I think the "human" part of the equation is the part she's hung up on more than anything else, as she was ready to kill Luz before she was an outlaw.