Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

that's what I thought but cursory searching said the opposite and I decided I was being dumb. tbf it could be solved with some query adjustment anyway because that operation should only modify one row, I just tried to be clever and put in some "check for any other invalid rows and close them" handler in there that could create a second (multi row) batch. Side effects are fun!

sql server, right? only option for triggers is "get big batch of all affected rows". there's no way of making a trigger run per affected row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

redleader posted:

sql server, right? only option for triggers is "get big batch of all affected rows". there's no way of making a trigger run per affected row

this is by design too. triggers are dangerous enough as it is but at least with a batch result you can do a set-based operation using the affected rows as input

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i've spent the past two days, about eight hours, trying to track down a very rare bug on my personal project and finally found the line of code responsible. upon seeing it i immediately went, 'what the gently caress why is that there!?' and it would have been the classic, 'what dipshit wrote this -> /git blame -> oh....' if it weren't a personal project. thank goodness i've been properly committing everything to git as i've worked on this as unfucking this one line would have been way harder if i hadn't

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DaTroof posted:

"does this database really need to be relational"

lmao.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I tried to run a game server, but this instruction results in a SIGILL:

code:
pinsrq $0x0,%rax,%xmm0
F for my Phenom II 955 BE, it served me for over a decade to host random game servers. I am sad to report it's time to take it behind the woodshed. :(

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

e: im very stupid

thread title

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Achmed Jones posted:

thread title

current title is already from me lol

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Carthag Tuek posted:

current title is already from me lol

that takes care of documentation!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

DaTroof posted:

my current job just had a devops guy who was promoted by attrition ask the engineering team "does this database really need to be relational" and welp now i have to decide between being the voice of reason and going down with the ship

nb: i'm not going down with this dumbass fuckin ship

Proper answer is "All databases are relational, when you think about it."

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

redleader posted:

yeah bingo. All I found was people loving themselves up by putting cursors into triggers lol

actually I just realised that I didn't even need a trigger for this operation because the insert/update is all proc driven so I could just....put the event handling into the proc :negative:

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
code:
HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
client.Timeout = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(60);
This is going to be a fun API request to debug...

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Antigravitas posted:

I tried to run a game server, but this instruction results in a SIGILL:

code:
pinsrq $0x0,%rax,%xmm0
F for my Phenom II 955 BE, it served me for over a decade to host random game servers. I am sad to report it's time to take it behind the woodshed. :(

can you recompile the server code? or run it in a VM that supports that instruction?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Can qemu even emulate SSE4.1?

I haven't checked what other instructions lurk in the code. And no, no recompiling some proprietary game's dedicated server binary.

I think it's just a hint that I should buy a new PC. My current workstation that I've had for five years becomes the new game server, and the old old workstation gets mothballed.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hmm how do i convert a cv2/numpy image to a format sklearn.neural_network.MLPClassifier accepts?

my roi.shape is 28,28 (black/white pixel dimensions)

when i run mlp.predict(roi) i get

ValueError: X has 28 features, but MLPClassifier is expecting 784 features as input.

784 is 28x28 so i tried to .flatten() the roi but then it complained that it wasnt 2-dimensional

docs say i need to give predict "ndarray of shape (n_samples, n_features)"

so how to turn a cv2 image into that? :(

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

hmm how do i convert a cv2/numpy image to a format sklearn.neural_network.MLPClassifier accepts?

my roi.shape is 28,28 (black/white pixel dimensions)

when i run mlp.predict(roi) i get

ValueError: X has 28 features, but MLPClassifier is expecting 784 features as input.

784 is 28x28 so i tried to .flatten() the roi but then it complained that it wasnt 2-dimensional

docs say i need to give predict "ndarray of shape (n_samples, n_features)"

so how to turn a cv2 image into that? :(

What is the type of roi? This might be tedious and inefficient, but it might help to explicitly convert it to an ndarray, see what the end result looks like, then flatten it if you really need to do so.

My guess is that python's flexibility is working against you since it might be using all the wrong mechanisms to convert your data to something it can work with.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
drat eschaton's fight w/ simh peeps is on frontpage of r/programming now

https://groups.io/g/simh/topic/new_license/91108560

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sb hermit posted:

What is the type of roi? This might be tedious and inefficient, but it might help to explicitly convert it to an ndarray, see what the end result looks like, then flatten it if you really need to do so.

My guess is that python's flexibility is working against you since it might be using all the wrong mechanisms to convert your data to something it can work with.

its <class 'numpy.ndarray'> with dimensions (28, 28)

yea. maybe i trained the MLP wrong, as a joke on myself

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

bob dobbs is dead posted:

This is the good stuff

Is that Mark guy also a Minecraft modder?

mystes
May 31, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

I just woke up so maybe it's that... but I literally can't even understand the text that was added?

Edit: what's the story with the autosize feature that caused the maintainer to have this meltdown? It's he just mad that people want to disable a feature he added?

mystes fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 19, 2022

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mystes posted:

I just woke up so maybe it's that... but I literally can't even understand the text that was added?

Edit: what's the story with the autosize feature that caused the maintainer to have this meltdown? It's he just mad that people want to disable a feature he added?

the guy maintaining an open source project had a huge meltdown over some other people not liking one of his changes, and unilaterally changed the license to be "open source except nobody but me is allowed to modify this one feature, even in your own private fork".

noting that the open source project is a simulator for old computer hardware, and the feature being complained about was automatically rewriting people's archived disk images, which might explain why some people didn't like it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jabor posted:

the guy maintaining an open source project had a huge meltdown over some other people not liking one of his changes, and unilaterally changed the license to be "open source except nobody but me is allowed to modify this one feature, even in your own private fork".

noting that the open source project is a simulator for old computer hardware, and the feature being complained about was automatically rewriting people's archived disk images, which might explain why some people didn't like it.
lmao

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
nerds mad

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:allears:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

its <class 'numpy.ndarray'> with dimensions (28, 28)

yea. maybe i trained the MLP wrong, as a joke on myself

My guess is that you trained it right, but you need to convert roi to a one dimensional array. Doesn't make sense why flatten() doesn't work.

My programmer mind, at this point, really wants to look at flatten()'s source code to see why it doesn't think your object is 2D.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sb hermit posted:

My guess is that you trained it right, but you need to convert roi to a one dimensional array. Doesn't make sense why flatten() doesn't work.

My programmer mind, at this point, really wants to look at flatten()'s source code to see why it doesn't think your object is 2D.

oh i mean flatten does convert the 28x28 roi into a 1-dim 784 item array so that works

its the classifier that complains that it wants a 784 features no matter if i flatten or not

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

oh i mean flatten does convert the 28x28 roi into a 1-dim 784 item array so that works

its the classifier that complains that it wants a 784 features no matter if i flatten or not

Are you passing in a single sample?

I think it wants a 2-dimensional array of multiple samples (each sample being a row). You may be able to get by with a 2 dimensional array with a single sample, but it must be 2 dimensional and not 1 dimensional.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Just so I'm absolutely clear, that sample itself must be a one dimensional array of 784 values, so you'll have to flatten the image before you stuff it into the array.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

if i pass a 1-d array to .predict() i get "ValueError: Expected 2D array, got 1D array instead"

e: oh hey lol, if i make a 1x784 array by going [roi.flatten()] that works lol

e2: results are completely wrong, but at least that tells me how to structure the input so thx :tipshat:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

if i pass a 1-d array to .predict() i get "ValueError: Expected 2D array, got 1D array instead"

e: oh hey lol, if i make a 1x784 array by going [roi.flatten()] that works lol

e2: results are completely wrong, but at least that tells me how to structure the input so thx :tipshat:

:toot:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I could've sworn a terrible program would look at a 1 x 700 array and go "yup that's a two way array, look, two whole dimensions"

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

There's a Vogue photoshoot at NYSE or something, and the premise is utterly :rolleyes:

My tech for several days in a row has been recording screen caps of hours of live output, sending off to some random company that has been distorting the content, then previewing on the floor for the big event.

There is a big catastrophe and only models survived, ...

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

argh loving kerberos :mad:

three attempts to switch the account being used for Kerberos authentication with no luck and no idea why it doesn't work. Spn is associated to the new account, keytab generates fine and *still* the logs just say "authentication failed: header invalid"

some stack overflow answer says that "a header beginning YII is NTLM which means your Auth is negotiating down from Kerberos to ntlm then failing, make sure your account is set to allow delegation" but I'll be damned if I know how to work that out and the domain admins don't seem to either.

we're at 3 months of trying to do this on and off now and if it wasn't for the fact that we know it must be possible because we set it up originally I'd say that the actual application is busted somehow

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

nerds love greek. im gonna write a piece of poo poo and make it ubiquitus and im gonna call it hubris. free for hobbyists, 10$ per month nemesis as a service (basically i just kick your computer on a pseudorandom basis)

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
is it the account for the server or the client? we had some Kerberos issues and the problem
was how the server was set up. I remember finding some code snippets that allowed me to see if a web browser used Kerberos or not when visiting the site

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Not half as much as they like Japanese. Greek would be a refreshing palate cleanser.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
you know, paris syndrome gets a lot of lols, but weebs breaking down six months after moving to japan is way more prolific and hilarious.

it should really be renamed tokyo syndrome imo.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Carthag Tuek posted:

nerds love greek. im gonna write a piece of poo poo and make it ubiquitus and im gonna call it hubris. free for hobbyists, 10$ per month nemesis as a service (basically i just kick your computer on a pseudorandom basis)

we already have kubernetes though?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

redleader posted:

we already have kubernetes though?

:thejoke:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

zokie posted:

is it the account for the server or the client? we had some Kerberos issues and the problem
was how the server was set up. I remember finding some code snippets that allowed me to see if a web browser used Kerberos or not when visiting the site

account is on the server. Basically I'm trying to switch it from [old account] to [new account], the spn has been removed from the old one and is linked to the new one (and the spn is pointing to the server), keytab is issued but it still fails. My current best guess is that the account has a slightly different setup and is kicking down from Kerberos to ntlm and failing to negotiate because the server doesn't allow ntlm. This is based on a stack overflow post saying "Auth tokens starting YII are ntlm which means you're being downgraded".

this was a pain in the rear end when we did it 5 years ago to set it up initially and it's as bad if not worse this time around. I never wanted to touch it but the old account has a short password deemed "vulnerable to kerberoasting" and we don't reliably know if we can just change it and reissue the keytab without loving it all up. At least currently logins work under the old account keytab (which no longer has the spn associated to it so no idea how that's working).

E: apparently tokens starting YII are spnego not ntlm so there goes that idea. Idk I think maybe the account needs some extra permissions to delegate or something

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
should i name my new library achilles or dionysus