Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
sideshow bob walking into rakes except each rake is a pandemic that kills millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

where is the IL-4 precious

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

listen, COVID is over pal. There's a new sheriff in town.

monkeypox STOLE those INFECTIONS, your favorite disease, me(COVID!), is still RELEVANT, I demand the CDC to INVESTIGATE where MONKEYPOX came from!

FRAUDLENT MONKEYPOX INFECTIONS! THOSE BODIES WERE MEANT FOR ME!

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

aren't mutations happening constantly, and it's just a matter if they make the virus faster/stronger/better self-actualized?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Stereotype posted:

except the bear trap is still firmly clamped onto the worldman's leg but he just isn't paying attention to it as he walks into another bear trap

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Stereotype posted:

sideshow bob walking into rakes except each rake is a pandemic that kills millions

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

Absolutely the worst lmao. You know that some parents accidentally gave their children cancer from this product.

A family member sent these to us for xmas, because lol they got a deal on them. I had to intercept and throw away. Cancer averted!

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Is there a minimum thickness necessary for nitrile gloves? Figure I might as well buy some more.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mdemone posted:

we have il-2 at home already. I’ll put two patties and the special sauce from trader Joe and it’ll be just like the real thing

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Stereotype posted:

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Stereotype posted:

except the bear trap is still firmly clamped onto the worldman's leg but he just isn't paying attention to it as he walks into another bear trap

you've gotta live your life

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

ikanreed posted:

On the one hand, my childhood best friend just went into an airport, got into a metal tube with strangers, and went on vacation.

On the other hand once he gets there, he's renting a sailboat and going into the middle of the Caribbean sea, hundreds of miles from any other people.

Sounds like a good way to develop symptoms in the middle of the ocean.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

kreeningsons posted:

you've gotta live your life

Not for long!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Is there a minimum thickness necessary for nitrile gloves? Figure I might as well buy some more.

The thicker they are the less dexterity you will have, but they will be less likely to tear. So like mechanics would want thicker ones, medical peeps would want thinner ones.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
doctor holding a big bag of dermal crusts gathered from various patients and chewing on them like jerky to build up immunity

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Mini OP Update:

Added a Monkeypox Quick FAQ - tracker, ECDC report, Twitter thread

Removed some older covid maps

Added the "Do you qualify for Paxlovid" and "How to get Paxlovid w/ screenshots" guides.

Pingui posted:

Mostly for the graphics, but also the publication:

Added the images from above post to the Nightmare Fuel Gallery, didn't add the article because it's paywalled

Removed the dead link to the Google Doc from the prior threads, this was actually in the OP twice because someone asked a mod to add it and they did even though it was already in the OP, which is fine and doesn't bother me

Removed the massive respirator info dump and replaced it with a link to said info dump

Removed the fake Official COVID-19 FAQ because it didn't really have any useful info and my jokes were weak

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
man are we really gonna do this again with monkey pox. except this time people are gonna lick door knobs on purpose to oppose lockdowns. this is maddening

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Why Am I So Tired posted:

i don't know about thickness, but i do know there are standards for certifying gloves that protect against viruses and microorganisms. early on in the pandemic i scored some gloves that were certified to EN ISO 374 or ASTM F 1671. they had a little biohazard symbol printed on the box. for what it's worth, they were 6 mil.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mawarannahr posted:

I’m really sad my spring 2020 rum distillery sanitizer is running out. everything else is loaded with way too much gak.

loving same, that poo poo was the bomb.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Strep Vote posted:

loving same, that poo poo was the bomb.

it’s good cover for smelling like rum all the time!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

it owns that covid undermined both our political ability to fight future pandemics and our immune system's ability to fight off infections

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

quoting this so i can find it later, thanks

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I don't wanna deal with fomites forever. :cry:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

mdemone posted:

something deeply and unprecedentedly hosed up is happening

This seems to be happening a lot lately.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

mdemone posted:

You have let down our shitposting and our pandemic. You have the nerve not to manufacture IL-4 until now. Our population now need IL-4 mutations like the covid it breathes, like the Applebees it eats. This monkeypox now produces one IL-4 a day….It is a mockery of the CDC….I ask you not to try the government’s mildness, and demand that you manufacture more IL-4. This is my final warning.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mdemone posted:

but does it have Interleukin-4 expression?

I'll express interleukin-4 today!

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I have been a weirdo about germs for years. Even though I know covid is airborne I still spray almost everything down with alcohol while I'm at work. I'm constantly sanitizing everything I touch. I am ready for the monkeypox.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
:siren:

I'm way late on the peanut butter thing
(thread bankruptcy)

but even if you've been eating out of the jar throw it away

Peanut butter has pockets due to the way they mix it and one part of the jar can be contaminated with salmonella while other parts are not

Danru
May 23, 2022

Okay, so hear me out, what if we just didn't do this? :smith:

For a federal agency that is, to put it mildly, VERY concerned with optics they are suddenly not very concerned with optics. Is everyone that worked on HIV/AIDS at the CDC so broke-brained that they can't remember what happened in the 80s? Sorry LGBTQI folks, back in the meat grinder you go I guess. Is it normal to be this angry at everything? Asking for a friend.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Danru posted:

For a federal agency that is, to put it mildly, VERY concerned with optics they are suddenly not very concerned with optics. Is everyone that worked on HIV/AIDS at the CDC so broke-brained that they can't remember what happened in the 80s? Sorry LGBTQI folks, back in the meat grinder you go I guess. Is it normal to be this angry at everything? Asking for a friend.

Just getting ahead of the imminent overturning Obergefell v. Hodges and related case law to ban LGBTQI once and for all, OP.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Danru posted:

well as long as it only kills the gays it’s no big deal -fauci

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

kreeningsons posted:

i don't know about thickness, but i do know there are standards for certifying gloves that protect against viruses and microorganisms. early on in the pandemic i scored some gloves that were certified to EN ISO 374 or ASTM F 1671. they had a little biohazard symbol printed on the box. for what it's worth, they were 6 mil.

Thanks, that's really good to know. Do you by any chance remember the brand?

For anyone looking, these are on sale right now - they seem to have the 374 on the box but nothing about the 1671, not sure if that matters.
https://www.gloves.com/collections/clearance/products/dark-blue-nitrile-gloves

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I'll express interleukin-4 today!

you'll do it today.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Danru posted:

its hilarious because 'no, monkeypox hasn't mutated' is running right into a brick wall of 'well, why are ya'll pretending it's a homosexual-specific STI suddenly?' without a good explanation beyond 'well, they're both icky so i kind of assumed'

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So everything I've read about monkeypox says if you get it once you won't get it again. Am I missing something here? Did we find out that you can get monkeypox over and over?
I haven't actually read anything I'm just enjoying a good panic.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i got the spicy peanut butter and more than halfway through it

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Strep Vote posted:

Sounds like a good way to develop symptoms in the middle of the ocean.

Sounds like a good way to sail back into the intro of an apocalyptic plague movie

Schnorkles posted:

there really isn't a way to "misattribute" literally smallpox on your body. The level of spread should be very obvious.

Wasn't there already a tweet about "this cluster of particularly deadly chickenpox was probably monkey pox"

Dog Case has issued a correction as of 23:23 on May 23, 2022

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Danru posted:

(..)

They remember it very well, see when you explicitly want loving and sucking to commence, it is pretty useful to point a finger at a subgroup and imply they are the only ones at risk when loving and/or sucking. Just like it was in the 80s.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

i got the spicy peanut butter and more than halfway through it

congrats on your natural immunity to salmonella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

its hilarious because 'no, monkeypox hasn't mutated' is running right into a brick wall of 'well, why are ya'll pretending it's a homosexual-specific STI suddenly?' without a good explanation beyond 'well, they're both icky so i kind of assumed'

fuckin Belgians