Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

congrats on your natural immunity to salmonella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
it turns out the westboro baptist church was right all along! sorry folks, i don't make the rules

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 23:41 on May 23, 2022

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen

mdemone posted:

you'll do it today.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

growing up, i remember being bewildered when people i knew said only gay people can get HIV, when i had known since loving kindergarten that everyone's vulnerable. we're gonna do the same loving thing with monkeypox. goddamn it

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
"no honey, im not cheating on you with dudes, i ride the bus to work"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

not_superiority posted:

it looks like i can get tyvek suits in black so at least i can keep my aesthetic

where

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

:vince:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
The "monkeypox is a gay STI", reminds me of how most countries went through a COVID phase of "statistics show immigrants are most likely to be infected ;)"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pingui posted:

The "monkeypox is a gay STI", reminds me of how most countries went through a COVID phase of "statistics show immigrants are most likely to be infected ;)"

my favorite was the brief period where there is no community spread, so sick folks in the community w/o a travel history to china couldn't get tested, so you never observe the obvious community spread and start testing.

in hindsight, the obvious pants-on-head nature of our pandemic response was obvious from the get go

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Kirkland brand peanut butter ftw

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I only eat great value peanut butter because paying 30 cents more for a jar of peanut butter is simply unthinkable to me

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pox my neg rear end

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Touch Foxxy, Get Poxxy

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Mar 11, 2023

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

NeonPunk posted:

Lmao, I decided to stop by my local HEB to replace my peanut butter, and the shelf is entirely empty. Not even other brands at all! Man, someone must had misunderstood the Jif recall. Talk about some overkill.

... Why aren't we putting them in charge of the CDC?

Salmonella is airborne

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
See you at the poxroads (so you won’t be lonely)
See you at the poxroads (so you won’t be looooneelyy)

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
nobody wants to dance the funkypox :(

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

did someone here make this?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

empty whippet box posted:

I only eat great value peanut butter because paying 30 cents more for a jar of peanut butter is simply unthinkable to me

that sounds like some value but they're really pushing on it being great

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

That's good propaganda!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Man places are already cleaned out of chunky PB. The only stuff left is for the moral reprobates.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Shiroc posted:

that sounds like some value but they're really pushing on it being great

"Acceptable Tradeoff" didn't test well for a brand name.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zugzwang posted:

See you at the poxroads (so you won’t be lonely)
See you at the poxroads (so you won’t be looooneelyy)

its the pox of the moooooonth
so mask up mask up mask up

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Pox the Monkey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnVf1ZoCJSo

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

there was someone making shorts like that in one of the past threads bc his work was slow

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
I find it in very poor taste that they're jokingly calling the disease "monkeypox." People are dying.

Edit: Nevermind.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

lmao and subsequently wheezing

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

lmao I can hear this commercial in my head

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Insanite posted:

aren't mutations happening constantly, and it's just a matter if they make the virus faster/stronger/better self-actualized?

there's no evidence yet that the monkeypox virus acts like other things that have DNA in them and mutates when the DNA is reproduced

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

there's no evidence yet that the monkeypox virus acts like other things that have DNA in them and mutates when the DNA is reproduced

are the people saying this the ones who said there is no evidence masking is necessary?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Oglethorpe posted:

i got the spicy peanut butter and more than halfway through it

it’s one of those fruit-at-the-bottom jars

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

there's no evidence monkeypox won't give you a big red monkey butt

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Oglethorpe posted:

there was someone making shorts like that in one of the past threads bc his work was slow

He still is:

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/23/health/monkeypox-cdc/index.html
In the United States, the two-dose Jynneos vaccine is licensed to prevent smallpox and specifically to prevent monkeypox.
"Right now, we have over 1,000 doses of that available, and we expect that level to ramp up very quickly in the coming weeks as the company provides more doses to us," McQuiston said.

So.... we only have 1000 doses nationwide of the vaccine that can actually be given to people that are immunocompromised or have skin conditions. But at least we have 100 million doses of the ol' weeping-scab smallpox vax!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Steve Yun posted:

it’s one of those fruit-at-the-bottom jars

oh the things they come up with to soothe the falling rate of profit

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Oglethorpe posted:

i got the spicy peanut butter and more than halfway through it

lol I also got the Forbidden Butter and finished the jar today

I am deffo taking the other two jars I had back for a refund cuz that's like... $16 worth of PB nowadays

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
1000 doses, for the thousand most important americans

/jabs the entire saudi royal family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
According to the "covid dashboard" for the district I'm working in this week, another student has tested positive for covid. A student in the room I was in today was out sick. Very interesting.

Tomorrow they are all going to a baseball game. The stadium is outdoors but it's a long bus ride. Oh boy.