Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Chicago has been imprinted on me due to growing up with a combination of macs and snes jrpgs

awww yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i used to have a font called GE Inspira that was a private corporate font or something that I got off of :filez: and i used it every time i had to write a report for school or work and needed to feel an illicit thrill

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Chicago has been imprinted on me due to growing up with a combination of macs and snes jrpgs

awww yeah

for iconic bitmap fonts the palmos one is right up there too:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

apple Garamond is the way and the light.

bring back serif fonts

sorry about your open firmware

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Corla Plankun posted:

i used to have a font called GE Inspira that was a private corporate font or something that I got off of :filez: and i used it every time i had to write a report for school or work and needed to feel an illicit thrill

i still use ge inspira sometimes lmao

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

awww yeah

this will always be the COMPUTERS font for me. also MPW 9pt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i love palatino and use it even where obviously not appropriate.

Georgia is our standard at work and I live with it but I don't like how they do the numbers

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

nvrgrls posted:

Georgia is our standard at work and I live with it but I don't like how they do the numbers

text figures own

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

mediaphage posted:

hate the italics on old mac keyboards

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

apple Garamond is the way and the light.

bring back serif fonts

i've never owned an apple product and there's very little chance of that changing anytime soon, but i will say that i quite like those italics and garamond and serifs are cool

in general i find myself very appreciative now of old apple aesthetical choices, so good job there in retrospect guys

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

lol, you can tell

the first time I came across it, I was like, drat this room stinks. then somewhere else later on, drat, this stinks too. after a while i realised it was my own god drat face that stank.

if it happens, you'll know. it's not like a big smell that others could tell, unless they kissed you lol, but you'll know yourself

it's probably just past your eyes

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sweevo posted:

text figures own

I'm not a fan for my uses (report writing/policies/technical writing)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQoDsNE9S9w&t=12s

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I still wouldn't want to gently caress around with a stylus being required on a phone.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

another fine addition to the comic family

https://dtinth.github.io/comic-mono-font

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

akadajet posted:

I still wouldn't want to gently caress around with a stylus being required on a phone.

i cant think of any phone that required a stylus. Most of the time on palms you'd just use your finger.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYLC1M3Reo

ran into this one, really enjoyed this edutainment when i was a kid

matti fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 23, 2022

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

MrMoo posted:

YOSPOS to work day.

https://twitter.com/868nathan/status/1528489096884195330

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
someone should dub that with the soundtrack of the vine of the teacher saying good morning the exact same way every single day

matti
Mar 31, 2019

runway shows own

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

i think it says "secret daily, to bring up yellow taint energy". hth

yellow taint energy

that’s .. a fuckin foul sentence lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

matti posted:

runway shows own

its just such a completely alien world that its just incomprehensible to me. Is this a joke? Is this trying to communicate something? I have no idea.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

matti
Mar 31, 2019

rotor posted:

its just such a completely alien world that its just incomprehensible to me. Is this a joke? Is this trying to communicate something? I have no idea.

its like the demoscene except for people who are either rich or really enjoy fashion

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

we had a pool table at work and the boss would yell at you if you ever used it during work hours

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

nexous posted:

we had a pool table at work and the boss would yell at you if you ever used it during work hours

tbf it was probably owned by creditors

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
has someone merged pool and mini golf yet

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

going to the store to buy cigarettes

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 24, 2022

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

my craigslist ads with "players wanted: organizing mini poof games" didn't yield the results i thought it would

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

echinopsis posted:

And here I've been looking for an idea for a game project to work on with minimal asset requirements.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

my craigslist ads with "players wanted: organizing mini poof games" didn't yield the results i thought it would

drat lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

isn’t that water polo

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

nexous posted:

the trick is when the boss yelled at you for using it you throw one of the pool balls at his head with as much force as you can muster.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mediaphage posted:

isn’t that water polo

no water polo is more like rugby

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

see, if I really wanted pinball, a pool table, foosball, or a midday beer I could get those things for my house

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

see, if I really wanted pinball, a pool table, foosball, or a midday beer I could get those things for my house

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITY-fJJnPNQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001