Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
did wkuk always look like poo poo or are they just really good about takedowns for decent quality rips? every clip on youtube is so so gnarly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I think they've never taken anything down so all the wkuk clips predate standards on youtube

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RokosCockatrice posted:

serious questionn do people have an obligation or a responsibility to contribute to society? I thought 'obviously, like, at least a little bit' but no joke I got shouted down for 3 solid days by several people who thought the answer was no no no no how dare you

Nobody asked to be born. Why should I be obligated to contribute to society when I didn't ask to be born?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

is this the rest of my life
getting up at awful times just to go to work and then go home exhausted five days a loving week, forever
is this seriously loving it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qHwk2nbJek

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Why should I be obligated to contribute to society when I didn't ask to be born?
do you want anyone to care about your assertion or not? if not, why bother asserting it?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

do you want anyone to care about your assertion or not? if not, why bother asserting it?

I was answering the question. :shrug: I am forced to participate in society because of capitalism, and this god-forsaken country that voted against "food and water is a human right."

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

FlapYoJacks posted:

Nobody asked to be born. Why should I be obligated to contribute to society when I didn't ask to be born?

go to gulag you solipsist rear end bitch

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I was answering the question. :shrug: I am forced to participate in society because of capitalism, and this god-forsaken country that voted against "food and water is a human right."
it's cool, i was just answering your question with a question, as one does

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

go to gulag you solipsist rear end bitch

lol that wasn't a solipsist post.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

FlapYoJacks posted:

you can opt out at any time, and I don't mean that in a suicidal way

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

if no one asked to be born and it's impossible for anyone to ask to be born the question of consenting to be born is kind of a non-starter

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

if no one asked to be born and it's impossible for anyone to ask to be born the question of consenting to be born is kind of a non-starter

That wasn't the point of the post though. If one did not ask to be born, then why should one be forced into a lifetime of participating in something they do not wish to participate in?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

FlapYoJacks posted:

That wasn't the point of the post though. If one did not ask to be born, then why should one be forced into a lifetime of participating in something they do not wish to participate in?

:gb2gbs:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

if absolutely no one ever has or ever could have asked to be born, why would it be persuasive to mention that for anything?

for example: "well i didn't ask to be born without infinity super heat laser vision"...ok??

is my point of my post

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

if absolutely no one ever has or ever could have asked to be born, why would it be persuasive to mention that for anything?

for example: "well i didn't ask to be born without infinity super heat laser vision"...ok??

is my point of my post

It's persuasive because it's the foundation to the question. If one had no choice to be born, why must one be forced to participate in society? Normally, most people want to participate in society, and want to better themselves and the communities of which they live. I want to do that as well, but I also have a family to feed, and the above doesn't pay the bills.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's a real dumb take

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this is going on way longer than i expected

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

jack status: flapped

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

there is likewise no need to make a weak attempt at shaming someone because they want to trade less of their time for money, but i figured this was a given here in yospos

i meant trading money for time

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dioxazine posted:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

look at that seamless transition between obligation and force. just breathtaking really

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

dioxazine posted:

— Me on prom night

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

whole drat place got a case of the mondays

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh yeah well little jones successfully read his encanto book from the book fair and is now coloring a nice picture using the stickers that were in it.

first decent thing that's happened today tbh

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

i think its great that every discussion here ends with "well thats just capitalism for ya" and everyone kinda nods and kicks the dirt for a minute and then we just go back to whatever we were doin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qelijIFd-RA

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

FlapYoJacks posted:

don't get your jacks in a flap

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

it's a real dumb take

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

post hole digger posted:

jack status: flapped

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y2xXtcsEPg

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

dioxazine posted:

there isn't much of a tangible solution that we could commit to outside of stealing from the office or doing minimal work

i just touch fish for a living and complain about it

sorry for ruining it but touch fish is chinese slang for coasting and doing the bare minimum at work, being intentionally lazy

this poster is probably not another trig

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

sorry for ruining it but touch fish is chinese slang for coasting and doing the bare minimum at work, being intentionally lazy

brother I have been "touching the fish" for about as long as I can remember.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

I would like to sand bag

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

brother I have been "touching the fish" for about as long as I can remember.

me too but ur mom

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

akadajet posted:

me too but ur mom

my mother is a saint.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

in english it's "loving the dog", or "dog loving"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du5O9Ptdu8E

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

in english it's "loving the dog", or "dog loving"

no it isn't

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

fart simpson posted:

curious wrt the origin of this idiom

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

there's "screw the pooch" but that's not the same thing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

akadajet posted:

no it isn't

I definitely remember it being used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl