Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Tayter Swift posted:

eh that was kinda lovely to do w/o material

good dog, but not long enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

good dog, but not long enough

cjs: i am probably 3-5% long dog

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cjs: after several years of having to wait days for the finance department to do a bunch of complex roi calculations, tonight i had a flashbulb moment and suddenly saw a pattern

all their complicated work spread across a giant web of excel. it all just boils down to 2 variables 3x/5y +1/2. that gives me results within like 95+% accuracy on all the output they’ve ever given me, lol

every other number in my input to them ultimately boils down to those two

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007

Share Bear posted:

ya as long as you got your pretax poo poo on lock doing post tax is fine, just make sure you don't want that money for other bullshit

ibonds are like 9% until october which is goddamn wild and indication of us being hosed but i don't know exactly how

woah 9% idk how i missed that.

Dumb question do I have to buy them from the treasure directly or is there some handy way to get it rolled into my vanguard acct

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
no. you are effectively gettin paid a grand by the government to deal with their dog poo poo ui

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Low-Pass Filter posted:

woah 9% idk how i missed that.

Dumb question do I have to buy them from the treasure directly or is there some handy way to get it rolled into my vanguard acct

i am looking into this right now, but according to the treasury site your best bet is getting set up with them

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

no. you are effectively gettin paid a grand by the government to deal with their dog poo poo ui

........i can live with that!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah you gotta use the worst website on earth

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007
surely there must be worse

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Oh yeah I forgot about Twitter

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Jesus you were not kidding, it's like 2003 internet with a concussion.

Eugh, god why? They *got rid of* case sensitivity to enable this stupid bullshit.

Aaaand the whole thing breaks if you hit the back button. I should get into government work.

InternetOfTwinks fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 24, 2022

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/muchnerve/status/1528883774955474944?s=21&t=SatSJHq3CFlb48m3M8Hk7Q

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/armanddoma/status/1528832451228798977?s=21

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The Brits are at it again

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i am eating less cheese these days, not because it is too tasty, but because i am becoming more lactose intolerant

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Same, but I haven't let that stop me from putting an entire quart of ice cream in my face hole every couple days lately.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eat more lactaid

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Achmed Jones posted:

eat more lactaid

this is what i do and it works for me, i also get lactose-free milk for eating and cooking

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve been using oat milk for creamer in coffee since the main reason I used energy drinks is the dairy in coffee killed me

it’s working out pretty well so far

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

paging j290

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

While helping my mother sort through decades' worth of accumulated junk, we found this thing, an Eico 3070 solid-state amplifier:

Is it worth trying to clean up and sell this? I can see similar devices on eBay listing for hundreds of dollars, but I have no idea if they're getting any takers, let alone how much work it is to e.g. verify the thing works properly.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol ok

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i usually use soy milk for anything i need. the taste is good

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

the number of archaic slurs thsi woman knows will blow your loving mind. racist against things you've never even thought of.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

✅ A ping-pong table.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

dioxazine posted:

i usually use soy milk for anything i need. the taste is good

soy milk is great, every other milk substitute is marked up sugar water

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs meetings for the rest of the day (~3.5hrs)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Mr. Nice! posted:

paging j290

neat. It's a pretty basic little amp, nothing worth screaming about, but i'd probably put an hour of shine-up into it and be happy if i got $100 on ebay or 50 from a local person. The missing knob cap sucks and nerds will ding the price on that, but it's a cool little unit

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

this is some sex thing right? where brits just lose their collective minds with horny about a woman being harsh?

it made maggie thatcher PM for 11 years

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The British love cruel teachers because they have the utmost contempt for their children

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Charles dickens was actually a kink author but that was lost in translation

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
cjs: Lmao reading a book for work reading group. The companies it has highlighted as good examples: Johnson and Johnson, black rock, and blizzard

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

born on a buy you posted:

cjs: Lmao reading a book for work reading group. The companies it has highlighted as good examples: Johnson and Johnson, black rock, and blizzard

it's amazing how quickly the "good examples" in business books turn back into pumpkins

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

ultravoices posted:

this is some sex thing right? where brits just lose their collective minds with horny about a woman being harsh?

it made maggie thatcher PM for 11 years

Yes.

That woman in particular has a lot of really loving bizarre ideas that make her really bad at her job, so the government puts her front and center because she's like a lightning rod for being told to gently caress off.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Asleep Style posted:

it's amazing how quickly the "good examples" in business books turn back into pumpkins

the book came out in 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

born on a buy you posted:

the book came out in 2021

is J&J in there because of the tylenol scare from 40 years ago?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
it’s a bs management business book. the core idea is you can’t be focused purely on short term profits and should enable people to do Work, in the abstract meaning of life sense, and be a company/manager aware of the people that make up the company. imo the big issue is it discusses Work, high concept philosophy, with labor, trading time/skill for money, as interchangeable concepts.

actually thinking about people and cultural impacts is good but lmao at picking j&j, blizzard, or black rock as good examples of this

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i take wednesdays off so should i get high before i watch the new BCS episode or not

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

hbag posted:

i take wednesdays off so should i get high before i watch the new BCS episode or not

why are you asking us

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

hbag posted:

should i get high before i

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

it's your life, live it