Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Helping nurse me back to health and he fell asleep on the job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Wish I could be this happy over a stick

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

All good things...

When we lost Louis a few years ago, I gave some thought to what was important to me, and how to get it. With renting in Auckland, it felt unfair to get a dog of my own without being able to guarantee a life for it.

So I began searching for an already established household with dogs. When I came to view one, a giant white wolf greeted me. He had been going nuts at everyone who came to view the place, but calmed right down when I arrived.

That began what has turned into nearly 4 years with this big, beautiful dog. We've traveled all over the North Island together, hiked, swam, all the things a man and his dog do.

Luca has been the best friend I could ever have asked for. These have been 4 of the best years of my life. But they are coming to an end tomorrow.

I am moving on to the next chapter in my life, and Luca will be staying with his owners. We remain on great terms, and they have said I can come and pick him up whenever I like, which I will absolutely be doing. I love you, buddy. Part of my soul will always be an excited great white idiot. Thank you for giving me such joy and affection.

I'll be back for walkies, I promise.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I'm sorry

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's very bittersweet. I'm moving in with my girlfriend, and we will be getting a dog of our own when we are ready.... but I'll never stop loving this boy.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I'm so sorry for you and Luca both. I hope you get to visit him so frequently that he and your new pup become fast friends, just like he did with you

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

All good things...

When we lost Louis a few years ago, I gave some thought to what was important to me, and how to get it. With renting in Auckland, it felt unfair to get a dog of my own without being able to guarantee a life for it.

So I began searching for an already established household with dogs. When I came to view one, a giant white wolf greeted me. He had been going nuts at everyone who came to view the place, but calmed right down when I arrived.

That began what has turned into nearly 4 years with this big, beautiful dog. We've traveled all over the North Island together, hiked, swam, all the things a man and his dog do.

Luca has been the best friend I could ever have asked for. These have been 4 of the best years of my life. But they are coming to an end tomorrow.

I am moving on to the next chapter in my life, and Luca will be staying with his owners. We remain on great terms, and they have said I can come and pick him up whenever I like, which I will absolutely be doing. I love you, buddy. Part of my soul will always be an excited great white idiot. Thank you for giving me such joy and affection.

We will always vote Luca!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIb1tk9gHfD/

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wait what the gently caress Luca is a foster

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Wait what the gently caress Luca is a foster

He belongs to the owners of the house I've lived in, we just bonded very strongly. I'm leaving, he is not coming with me

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'm terribly sorry for you, and hope you get to see him again very soon.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

:luca: forever

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

All good things...

This ended way better than I thought it was going to. I hope you’re still close enough that you can see Luca frequently

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

New place is 15 minutes drive. Lucadventures will continue!!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

CeramicPig posted:

This ended way better than I thought it was going to.
I thought I was going to have a heart attack! <:mad:>

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

I thought I was going to have a heart attack! <:mad:>

loving same

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
https://64.media.tumblr.com/8a3bba0673ca4de92e3fb326cdb5ab2b/cd78a34716d494fd-bf/s2048x3072/19ae16b7dfc06f3a331c6a4c8654b545be7fb838.jpg

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:yeah:

I also thought that post was going in a VERY different direction at first :ohdear:

Boarded the dogs this week while traveling, just got this pupdate from them :3:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

He hopped up on the fence to say goodbye

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Such a good dog

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Luca rules...

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
It'll be tough not seeing Luca as often but glad you're not far away :unsmith: I had no idea he wasn't actually your dog, you guys are like peas in a pod

:luca::hf::luca:

In other news, a very squat & ridiculous looking pup :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO-uL6_dyCo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

https://twitter.com/thepulserifle/status/1528516664848879616?s=21&t=SbXPUbwunh_TFFAK0WG1Tw

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Loving the pictures of the dogs from boarding. Today's update desperately makes me wish I had a yard for them to run around in

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Dogsitting Hana's half-sister/niece again this weekend:

They're currently both sleeping in my bed, so I guess I have to sleep on the sofa.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
morning snuggles

e: morning walks

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 23, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/Yoda4ever/status/1528563869446156289

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've got hours to kill while waiting for a flight at the airport, a few drinks in and this just gave me a huge smile lol.

There's a three story house in my neighborhood and all the time when I'm walking Bonnie & Gigi a dog on the top floor has its head out the window and barks at us. No idea what its name is but it always makes me smile too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's someone in the neighborhood with a big ol' hound dog, maybe a bloodhound mix, and they take it for drives every day. it just hangs its head out the window and barks, a loud, awkward-sounding OORT, OORT, OORT as the car drives along, you can hear it coming quite a ways away. sometimes it stops barking when it sees me as they go by, so I shout OORT OORT at it and it starts OORT OORTing back at me :3:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm loving terrible with photoshop so can I kindly ask someone to make a new VOTE LUCA 2023 from this

Similar to the old one in colour if possible

Tia

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 24, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

God bless you

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The world sucks but dogs rule.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Would play fetch with that pup

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beatrice has had a vulvoplasty to fix her "hooded vulva" that was causing UTIs:

She's only popped 1 of 25 stitches and just wants to run and jump and play but has to stay calm and gentle because (here's what the vet drew to explain it):

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Now that's art

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Awesomeness!