Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
Turned his tooth into a goddamn jellyfish. Funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Yare yare dub dub.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

lezard_valeth posted:

i might need to watch more Rick and Morty cause im not smart enough to understand this

so Giorno repairs Buccelati's heart, but then he doesn't, but then he does and the Boss says Bucelatti outsmarted him? is this gonna be like "10 seconds got removed and something important happened here but you are not gonna find out till later" or am I not seeing/understanding something?:psyduck:

evergreen

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/737868911908118530

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

lezard_valeth posted:

i might need to watch more Rick and Morty cause im not smart enough to understand this

so Giorno repairs Buccelati's heart, but then he doesn't, but then he does and the Boss says Bucelatti outsmarted him? is this gonna be like "10 seconds got removed and something important happened here but you are not gonna find out till later" or am I not seeing/understanding something?:psyduck:

I'm pretty sure the Bucciarati outsmarting him bit is just referring to the part where Buno had a backup plan and managed to phone a friend and escape. The other stuff is supposed to be vague and will be expanded on later.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I mean :agreed: like I just remembered his power has a reflect damage component that hasn't been used...since episode 2? 3? and it's been getting more whacky poo poo on top

e: not feeling the 2nd opening of part 5, and I didn't even like the 1st one all that much either. Breakdown still the goat

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 24, 2022

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, people complain about the life punch a bunch, but Giorno's damage reflection bullshit is the real power that got dropped. That and him mentioning that he can't control the animals, even though he clearly can.

Both Part 5 openings don't do much for me either, but I think the second one is superior to the first.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

e: not feeling the 2nd opening of part 5, and I didn't even like the 1st one all that much either. Breakdown still the goat

DON’T CARE

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Wait, you mean to tell me Giorno drank jellyfish?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
no he ate it with his peanutbutterfish sandwich

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If I turn my teeth into piss then the jellyfish can be swallowed unscathed

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

hatty posted:

If I turn my teeth into piss then the jellyfish can be swallowed unscathed

How’d you find the script for Part 9’s protagonist, Joji “Piss Mouth” Josephson?

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
you can tell how much netflix/ david prod (?) botched part 6 by the fact that it hasn't been mentioned in this thread in 23 days. sad.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/giganticbuddha/status/1521567669253771264

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mirello posted:

you can tell how much netflix/ david prod (?) botched part 6 by the fact that it hasn't been mentioned in this thread in 23 days. sad.

It's been entirely Netflix with their insistence in running the anime in what will probably be 3 parts because they want the series to be fully dubbed and bingeable.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, people complain about the life punch a bunch, but Giorno's damage reflection bullshit is the real power that got dropped. That and him mentioning that he can't control the animals, even though he clearly can.

Funnily enough I'd say it's less it got dropped and more that somehow nobody ever attacked his created animals.

The final Diavolo fight even has an error where in the anime he attacks a scorpion created by Giorno but in the manga he lets it fall from his hand instead.

Maybe capos are forced to give reports on their subordinates' stands and thus everyone who Giorno fights knows they shouldn't hit animals? Who knows.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Polpo didn't know what Giorno's Stand was, or if he even had one. By the time Bucciarati was promoted, he was already all in on the plan to kill the boss so probably wouldn't do that either.

Folks Giorno fight don't really get a chance to attack the animals at that point, either because they can't or just get owned before it comes up. It's sorta like how the filling dudes with so much life thing never happens again, because Gold Experience just doesn't hit dudes directly after Black Sabbath, unless it's the final blow ending the fight (Cioccolata definitely woulda got it, for example, to make that 7 page beatdown felt like an eternity).

Also, really, Giorno just doesn't get that many solo fights, and the ones he does are mostly against Stands like Babyface where none of this stuff is applicable anyway. Definitely feels like Gold Experience had to be written around, rather than have fights written for, because it's just too much poo poo to juggle and deal with otherwise.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kwyndig posted:

It's been entirely Netflix with their insistence in running the anime in what will probably be 3 parts because they want the series to be fully dubbed and bingeable.

It takes two to tango. it's not as though Netflix could unilaterally decide this. it took someone important on the production community or at david prod to agree to the deal. Of course I don't blame the individual animators or the people actually making the show. but the fact remains that there are plenty of anime or other shows getting released on netflix that are releasing week to week.

it's just so sad as someone who participated in the community during golden wind. that was a really great time, whereas stone ocean has felt like a fart in the wind.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lotus Aura posted:

. It's sorta like how the filling dudes with so much life thing never happens again, much poo poo to juggle and deal with otherwise.

It happens to Ciocolatta, at least in the anime they use the sound cue for it

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 24, 2022

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

You have to wonder why Giorno doesn't cover himself in frogs 24/7 to always be protected from attacks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I can't imagine any situation where any jojo character could be saved by covering themselves in frogs

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't imagine any situation where any jojo character could be saved by covering themselves in frogs

It's basically how one character deals with a very large amount of rotation in Part 7. You could totally have ablative frogs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My post is a joke about how Jolyne does, in fact, protect herself from being killed by covering herself in frogs

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lotus Aura posted:

Polpo didn't know what Giorno's Stand was, or if he even had one. By the time Bucciarati was promoted, he was already all in on the plan to kill the boss so probably wouldn't do that either.

Folks Giorno fight don't really get a chance to attack the animals at that point, either because they can't or just get owned before it comes up. It's sorta like how the filling dudes with so much life thing never happens again, because Gold Experience just doesn't hit dudes directly after Black Sabbath, unless it's the final blow ending the fight (Cioccolata definitely woulda got it, for example, to make that 7 page beatdown felt like an eternity).

Also, really, Giorno just doesn't get that many solo fights, and the ones he does are mostly against Stands like Babyface where none of this stuff is applicable anyway. Definitely feels like Gold Experience had to be written around, rather than have fights written for, because it's just too much poo poo to juggle and deal with otherwise.

I... actually agree with you completely, but that reasoning doesn't usually convince people so I was trying to look from another angle. But yeah, Araki doesn't really forget as much as he simply writes out stuff that complicates things and doesn't work, which is for the better.

This fandom does get a bit dumb with the Araki Forgot meme, look at the hundreds of times people say "Araki forgot about Star Finger/reflect animals/insert ability here!" or "Araki forgot about Josuke timetravelling due to Bites the Dust!", instead of the actual problems like "Araki forgot Polnareff lost some fingers in part 3" or "Araki forgot he already used Earth, Wind & Fire" or "Araki forgot how months work (cause Jojo timelines sure are messy!)".

There's a guy who actually did a series about supossed plot holes in Youtube which is pretty enlightening cause some commonly said plot holes are literally debunked in a single box of text (ofc the series has spoilers for every part so not linking it).

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 3 probably has them visit a hospital between every episode, seeing how badly they get hurt without a healer.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The only real major plot hole I’ll grant would be Joseph not using Hermit Purple to find Kira, at least if you think that his senility was (mostly) an act.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What if they needed to steal a CD?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Regalingualius posted:

The only real major plot hole I’ll grant would be Joseph not using Hermit Purple to find Kira, at least if you think that his senility was (mostly) an act.

That video series I mentioned actually makes a good pair of points:

a)Hermit Purple is not actually very accurate. In Part 3 it only shows DIO because of the psychic connection between Johnathan's body and the Joestars. And in Part 4 Joseph tried to find Josuke with HP but instead got a photo of Angelo. Also noted that Jotaro explicitly says that they're bringing Joseph for Akira not because of spirit photography but because he can use HP on the electric lines to track the Stand (which is... actually a bit more out there than usuing spirit photography tbh).

b)Nobody knew how Kira looked like after his face-lift so they could get a picture of him and not recognize him, doubly if we take into account innacuracies.

c) This is more my idea, but Kira being so obsessed with keeping a low profile might make him harder to find with psychic stuff.

Of course, it could just be Araki didn't think of that, or that he didn't just want to mention using HP to find him and failing, but IMO if you can find solid reasons not out for a question like that it's not a plot hole but an aside.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Frogs have been there for the Joestars since the very beginning

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The most frustrating part of part 4 for me is that they never have Tonio cook for Joseph

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Or that he never even got a cameo in Part 5 (seriously, why not send the one native Italian Stand user they know along with Koichi to watch his back?)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Martman posted:

The most frustrating part of part 4 for me is that they never have Tonio cook for Joseph

Why would he need to? Joseph regained his mental faculties by dealing with the baby. Compare how he is by the end of Part 4 with how he was when he first showed up.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I... actually agree with you completely, but that reasoning doesn't usually convince people so I was trying to look from another angle. But yeah, Araki doesn't really forget as much as he simply writes out stuff that complicates things and doesn't work, which is for the better.

This fandom does get a bit dumb with the Araki Forgot meme, look at the hundreds of times people say "Araki forgot about Star Finger/reflect animals/insert ability here!" or "Araki forgot about Josuke timetravelling due to Bites the Dust!", instead of the actual problems like "Araki forgot Polnareff lost some fingers in part 3" or "Araki forgot he already used Earth, Wind & Fire" or "Araki forgot how months work (cause Jojo timelines sure are messy!)".

There's a guy who actually did a series about supossed plot holes in Youtube which is pretty enlightening cause some commonly said plot holes are literally debunked in a single box of text (ofc the series has spoilers for every part so not linking it).

Hamon Beat. He makes good Jojo content.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Martman posted:

Joseph has bad memories of eating at Italian restaurants.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ok episodes 26 and 27 were just :discourse:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Both Part 5 openings don't do much for me either, but I think the second one is superior to the first.

Are you suggesting that snakes don't like bread?

Part 5 is weird. It's extremely consistent in its quality (ending aside) but I still like 3 and 4 more.

Brandfarlig fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 25, 2022

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Part 5 has absolutely the best, smartest fights in Jojo (maybe Steel Ball Run excepted)

But the whole is less than the sum of the parts

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, that's fair. Vento Aureo easily has so many of my favourite fights in it, but as an actual Part it's fairly low. Weird how that works.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

VA has some great individual fights but a bad story that ends terribly, that connective tissue between fights is actually kinda important and when there's such a weak excuse plot and nonsense ending it does make the whole thing just fall kinda flat by the end

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's just so thin. Giorno's a pretty nothing character whose powers are too complicated and overpowered to ever really surprise the audience, there's almost no story to connect the fights, and the ending is nonsense. Mista rules but he can only do so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Vento Aureo is a showcase of what jojo would be like if the jojo of the part was a hamon warrior, for all the good and bad that that implies. A ton of what gold experience does is just ripple but a stand.