Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Fool posted:

camelCase

PascalCase

fyi

oh ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

TitleCase

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I personally like CamelCasing for class names and constants and firstCamelCasing for variables

I'm a java boy at heart too

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

in a classic post then read move,

UpperCamelCase, DromedaryCase, and PascalCase are all acceptable terms for that style

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

all suggestions pale compared to lisps lovely identifiers, so full of dashes, asterisks and question marks

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

snake_case
kebab-case
LOUD_SNAKE_CASE aka CONSTANT_CASE

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The Fool posted:

in a classic post then read move,

UpperCamelCase, DromedaryCase, and PascalCase are all acceptable terms for that style

:justpost:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You should be able to just read the code and figure it out. Don't get cute with it you assholes

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah, that's why I made two posts instead of editing

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

always forwards never backwards

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hi everyone just finished a new comic, this one stupider than ever

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

loving mimes

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the true villains of space station 13

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Armitag3 posted:

snake_case
kebab-case
LOUD_SNAKE_CASE aka CONSTANT_CASE

BASILISK_CASE

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

python would be fine if the syntax and syntactic white space poo poo were eliminated

youre using an ide or plugin to maintain that whitespace (scope) in any lang and using whatever your team determined as the formatting style/plugin of choice, ez

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
wORST_cASE

mystes
May 31, 2006

wURSt-cASe

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Fool posted:

DromedaryCase

DromedaryCase has two humps. that's really dumb

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

also thank you, i am now reconsidering my purchase at the beginning of covid but i already got it on an arm and like right by my face

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i bought a fifne t669 early last year for wfh. works great for the price

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

sounds like maybe a yotj sitch for yourself too then

yeah it might be except for other life poo poo going on. fortunately i am not quite as underpaid as most other people here, i could definitely make more at a faang or faang-lite but i'm not exactly struggling so :shrug:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Truman Peyote posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aydB2vrim54&t=169s

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Truman Peyote posted:

mimes are jerks

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Python >= 3.8 is cool and good.
C++ >= 17 is also cool and good.

Go is trash.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
id like to know what black magic SAS does to be so drat performant with large datasets because it runs circles around pandas and even dask

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

egad, somebody flapped my jacks.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

post hole digger posted:

egad, somebody flapped my jacks.

Next I will make you Eat yo Waffles

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

jsckflapped again

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Truman Peyote posted:

Goldmimed

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

k&r or allman?

I prefer k&r.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

k&r. specifically bsd knf

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

took a grinder to the lintels over my garage that were incredibly rusty and probably starting to gently caress with the mortar and brick above them. painted them with a nice grey rustoleom. they probably have never been repainted since the house was built in 1999.

owning a house loving blows.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

took a grinder to the lintels over my garage that were incredibly rusty and probably starting to gently caress with the mortar and brick above them. painted them with a nice grey rustoleom. they probably have never been repainted since the house was built in 1999.

owning a house loving blows.

lmao when i moved in i had code violations that were older than your house is now

lookit kd with his fancy brand new house, oh just take it for a spin

*kd slaps roof* you can fit so many things that aren't asbestos in this baby

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hi my name is kiddynamite and my house uses romex instead of extension cords, im a fancy man. as an authoritarian, i keep my natural gas in the pipes instead of letting it be free like it deserves

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hey look at me im a new yorker, if i need to hang something up i'll just install a tasteful hook or shelf instead of hammering a screw into a stud or maybe some nice strong drywall

yes i said hammering a screw, you heard me right

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao when i moved in i had code violations that were older than your house is now

lookit kd with his fancy brand new house, oh just take it for a spin

*kd slaps roof* you can fit so many things that aren't asbestos in this baby

3 years after moving into my house i had to replace the roof and we found out that at some point there was a leak in one of the skylights and the fix had been:

put a funnel under the leak in crawlspace attic. Hose clamp fifteen feet of garden hose to the funnel. Run the hose over above the shower and run it down into the shower pan.

also i still have asbestos siding, it's great.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

gently caress yeah rotor gets it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yet another reason to bash it all down and build 50 story soulless concrete apartments on the expropriated land

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my aircon died the third time I turned it on after moving in and then by the time parts came in and hvac dudes were scheduled it was September

that sucked a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol i haven't checked a bunch of yospos threads lately. what happened to the old cjs thread? did hbag get a noise citation from the council for opening a can of beer?