Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I honestly keep forgetting Freemaker exists. That's on me. I should add it to the OP at some point.

edit: And the snype really makes it so I have to, I guess. You know...later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I liked the Freemaker series a lot, even if it is pretty childish. I really like the idea of salvaging and repairing ships.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Speaking of the LEGO stuff:

https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1529560424370343936

The Halloween Special was pretty fun so I have similar hopes for this one

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Pretty crazy that the most prominent post-9 stories have been Lego holiday specials. Even back in the 80's, the Marvel comics continued headlong into the post-ROTJ era for a few years before winding down.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Come to think of it, I think the only sequel era related stuff besides the Lego games/cartoons to my knowledge has been Resistance, a couple Forces of Destiny and Galaxy of Adventures shorts, and apparently there’s a novel coming out at some point centered around Rey’s parents

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, I think the only sequel era related stuff besides the Lego games/cartoons to my knowledge has been Resistance, a couple Forces of Destiny and Galaxy of Adventures shorts, and apparently there’s a novel coming out at some point centered around Rey’s parents

Disney's probably going to wait a couple more years for the nerd heat to finish dying down from The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker before coming back to the Sequel timeline with a Clone Wars style TV series to try and redeem the trilogy in people's eyes, like how TCW slowly turned the Prequels from radioactive to beloved across the span of a decade. All three films made $4 billion dollars at the box office, that's a loving huge market to just abandon cold because some chuds on YouTube and Reddit got salty that their fan wanks weren't specifically catered to.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 26, 2022

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sequel trilogy and that era should die. Focus on the Mandoverse.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am kind of curious if Filoni could potentially work his magic on the sequel trilogy like he did with the prequels if given the opportunity (Resistance was mediocre at best but to be fair they basically only had one movie to work with)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't think they need to redo the Sequel trilogy or explain anything

The world state is in a fine enough state where you could literally do anything with it.dont need to "redeem" it.

It ended in a place where they can just go from there. Without much need to explain anything that happens during the course of it.

But yeah they should just start making up and telling stories of what goes on in the world next.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Filoni could make a good series with Maz as a character and how she got Vader's saber.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Sequel trilogy and that era should die. Focus on the Mandoverse.

Nah

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Two words: Purrgil Jedi

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Larryb posted:

I think that the EU writers keep a wide berth around even thinking about covering things happening in or around the sequels for fear of getting in the way of Disney's big secret plans.

But Disney has no real plans, so it just leaves a weird void.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Larryb posted:

I am kind of curious if Filoni could potentially work his magic on the sequel trilogy like he did with the prequels if given the opportunity (Resistance was mediocre at best but to be fair they basically only had one movie to work with)

Isn't that what they're already very low key doing with Mando and Moff Gideon's whole deal?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Isn't that what they're already very low key doing with Mando and Moff Gideon's whole deal?

Still haven’t gotten around to watching any of the live action shows so I wouldn’t know

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

Still haven’t gotten around to watching any of the live action shows so I wouldn’t know

Spoilers for you specifically, but, Moff Gideon, the big bad of the first and second season's plan was to use Baby Yoda's blood to help the Imperial Remnant generate a new Force sensitive body for Palpatine. Mando and co. stumble upon one of his clone workshops and we see a really hosed up early prototype Snoke in a tube and it plays Snoke's creepy rear end theme from the Sequels while they all stare at it and go "HMMMMMM...."

Also Filoni has explicitly stated that the Mandalorian is laying the groundwork for the Sequels bit by bit.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
23 hours and 56 minutes until an all-new Larry Kenobi adventure.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gonz posted:

I’m so excited, Ewan McGreggor owns and is gonna be amazing.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

I don't think they need to redo the Sequel trilogy or explain anything

The world state is in a fine enough state where you could literally do anything with it.dont need to "redeem" it.

It ended in a place where they can just go from there. Without much need to explain anything that happens during the course of it.

But yeah they should just start making up and telling stories of what goes on in the world next.

I agree with this. I’m specifically waiting on an episode X just to see if they can do with Rey better than what they did with Luke in regards to leading a new generation of Jedi and specifically to see Boyega get some redemption to his character.

Also also more definitely more Billy Dee Williams. :swoon:

Gonz posted:

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m so excited, Ewan McGreggor owns and is gonna be amazing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Spoilers for you specifically, but, Moff Gideon, the big bad of the first and second season's plan was to use Baby Yoda's blood to help the Imperial Remnant generate a new Force sensitive body for Palpatine. Mando and co. stumble upon one of his clone workshops and we see a really hosed up early prototype Snoke in a tube and it plays Snoke's creepy rear end theme from the Sequels while they all stare at it and go "HMMMMMM...."

Also Filoni has explicitly stated that the Mandalorian is laying the groundwork for the Sequels bit by bit.

I don’t care about spoilers honestly but interesting nonetheless. Mando takes place between ROTJ and TFA right?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Anita Dickinme posted:

I agree with this. I’m specifically waiting on an episode X just to see if they can do with Rey better than what they did with Luke in regards to leading a new generation of Jedi and specifically to see Boyega get some redemption to his character.

I hate that she buried the lightsabers. That really bothered me for some reason.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Larryb posted:

I don’t care about spoilers honestly but interesting nonetheless. Mando takes place between ROTJ and TFA right?

Approximately five years after the Emporer’s defeat in Return of the Jedi. The Force Awakens is approximately 29 years after that as well.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

I hate that she buried the lightsabers. That really bothered me for some reason.

Same but it bothers me because it’s loving stupid. I can’t remember off the top of my head which ones she did specifically, like was it two or three? But anyway I could understand why she’d bury the youngling slayer 3000 but why Leia’s? That doesn’t make sense because you’d think she’d wanna rock that one in her memory, especially since Carrie Fisher passed away that would have been a nice tribute to her. Plus I’m fairly sure the empire scourged the galaxy for Kyber crystals so I can’t imagine them being easy to find so why just get rid of precious commodities to Jedi like a lightsaber like that?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

the youngling slayer 3000

LMAO, I’m going to forevermore associate that lightsaber with this name every time I see it going forward.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I KNOW THAT BLADE

IT'S DORKRIST, THE YOUNGLING-CLEAVER

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Anita Dickinme posted:

the youngling slayer 3000

Thread title

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's Symbolism, that they then extremely undercut by Rey calling herself Rey Skywalker because JJ Abrams is a hack. But Burying the lightsabers was probably supposed to represent ending the Skywalker story.

But once again JJ Abrams is a hack.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On the subject of Baby Yoda, is there a particular reason why they still haven’t given that species a proper name yet?

Also it’s weird that (to my knowledge) Grogu is the only other member of said race to get any kind of major role in the series (there was Yaddle in the prequels but she never talked or even showed up during Clone Wars as far as I recall)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like to think they're not even a sentient/sapient species, they're like some weird rear end frog or troll thing that usually sits around like a lump eating. But now and then one of them is like CRAZY in tune with the Force and over the course of a millennium will grow into the oldest, most powerful, most wise Force users in the galaxy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Larryb posted:

On the subject of Baby Yoda, is there a particular reason why they still haven’t given that species a proper name yet?

Also it’s weird that (to my knowledge) Grogu is the only other member of said race to get any kind of major role in the series (there was Yaddle in the prequels but she never talked or even showed up during Clone Wars as far as I recall)

Filoni’s doing a slow burn on this and I like it. No need to rush and explain every single detail about Yoda, Yaddle, and Grogu, let it happen over the course of several tv show seasons like he’s currently doing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

I like to think they're not even a sentient/sapient species, they're like some weird rear end frog or troll thing that usually sits around like a lump eating. But now and then one of them is like CRAZY in tune with the Force and over the course of a millennium will grow into the oldest, most powerful, most wise Force users in the galaxy.

Also apparently it takes at least a few hundred years for them just to hit puberty

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dexo posted:

It's Symbolism, that they then extremely undercut by Rey calling herself Rey Skywalker because JJ Abrams is a hack. But Burying the lightsabers was probably supposed to represent ending the Skywalker story.

But once again JJ Abrams is a hack.

Which sucks, because the whole point of Anakin’s lightsaber being ripped in half in TLJ was the story going “it’s time to move on from the Skywalker legacy, this is your story now, Rey and Kylo”. And then JJ Abrams ran in and literally duct taped it back together again crying “Noooooo!”

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Larryb posted:

Also apparently it takes at least a few hundred years for them just to hit puberty

They're like galactiGalapagos tortoises or something. Just keep going apparently indefinitely until someone kills 'em and eats 'em, they're so yummy

Yoda could've been still going on in another thousand years kinda slowly meandering the galactic rim trying to tediously mount rocks he mistakes for Yaddle

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Larryb posted:

Because Lucas didn't want it to have one. It's, like, the one wish of his they're still honoring.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yoda died of natural causes at the age of 900 but then again I imagine being a Jedi is a pretty stressful job so who knows how long the actual life expectancy of his species is (I also wonder if the Dagobah system is their actual homeworld, it’d kind of make sense what with them being a bit frog-like in nature)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 26, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

He always did seem really comfortable there, like my first impression from the original film when I was a kid was that Yoda just was a hermit who lived on Dagobah.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

thrawn527 posted:

Because Lucas didn't want it to have one. It's, like, the one wish of his they're still honoring.

Watch the moment he dies they will refer to Yoda as a Lucasian or something.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"My people are called... the George."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

swickles posted:

Watch the moment he dies they will refer to Yoda as a Lucasian or something.

They could go the easy route and call him a Whill (they brought back the Starkiller name after all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
You know, for all the complaining of BOBF, I think I'm loving the creative content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhAL71gNgKk

This is one of the best earworms I've heard in a while. :D