Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Social Animal posted:

May I suggest Touhou Luna Nights? I'm going to jump on that after Blasphemous and it's from the same devs as Deedlit so I'm sure it's good. I'm not into Touhou but any excuse for a chill Metroidvania on the shorter side.

That’s a good suggestion! I’m down for more stuff from the Deedlit team and I am at least vaguely familiar with Touhou (at least early to mid 2000s Touhou).

Given how much Cyber Shadow is busting my balls, I probably need something relatively chill after this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

they always used the forest maze song but where is Boosters theme

In my head.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

they always used the forest maze song but where is Boosters theme

My worst earworm from that game is Midas River.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

In my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gA14tkvXoo

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
The next Nintendo system should include a hardware gimmick that is largely ignored outside of a handful of launch titles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hey the camera in the joycon was used in both 1-2 Switch *and* Labo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hey the camera in the joycon was used in both 1-2 Switch *and* Labo

Not launch, but don't forget the ringfit.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'd probably abandon buying new Nintendo hardware if they went back to a home console only format. As is I wasn't really into the Wii or Wii u, there were some good games but I enjoyed my PS3 a bit more esp with tons of strong third party stuff.

I never stopped playing my 3DS though and a hybrid portable/console is the perfect way for them to carve out their niche. It would be interesting and disappointing if they ever go back to the old school format even if it leads to better graphics or whatever

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

they could stick with the hybrid or split back into console and handheld. i don't care. i just won't buy the handheld. bosh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I doubt they'll ever move away from a hybrid now, it has all the benefits of having a dedicated handheld and console with none of the drawbacks.
The biggest downside is Nintendo having all their eggs in one basket if they ever have another WiiU disaster.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Even though the Switch 2 has no screen, I feel like the franerates are really bad. I can tell.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
The PS3 has no screen and it had pretty bad frame rates

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The Switch 2 will be as powerful as two Gamecubes taped together.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Give each joycon the power of a Gamecube, sounds dope

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just use Gamecubes themselves as the controllers.

The handles will have a use!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

cohsae posted:

They were referencing Jack Baeur when discussing ending the use of torture

that's a common misconception. it was actually a sitting supreme court justice who did that

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The new Nintendo console looks like a GameCube, only the top is a hole with the screen sunk in about 4 inches. You hold on to it with two of those big plastic handles and all the game controls are based on reading eye movement and pressure on the handle. (The Ring Fit was a test!)

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I will buy whatever new thing Nintendo releases as long as there is a promo video of happy people enjoying using it at a skatepark/picnic table/cool studio apartment/funeral etc

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I will buy whatever new thing Nintendo releases as long as there is another global pandemic which leaves me with nothing better to do but play a timely first party release

:shepicide:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wish Mario Strikers and Splatoon 3 would swap release dates

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I would love two screens solely to get the Splatoon coverage map back without covering the field of play.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I genuinely believe clamshell design is the past, present and future and I await the return of the king

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Riven posted:

I would love two screens solely to get the Splatoon coverage map back without covering the field of play.

As opposed to looking completely away from the field of play?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how bout a system that unfolds several times. but it's from Nintendo

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

hatty posted:

I wish Mario Strikers and Splatoon 3 would swap release dates

I wish Nintendo wasnt being weird about Advance Wars

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Takoluka posted:

As opposed to looking completely away from the field of play?

Its a alot faster to glance at something that’s basically in your peripheral vision and keep the tv in your peripheral vision than to completely cover what’s happening and then reveal it with two button presses.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The new Nintendo console is in pandemic form

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i don't like that the switch does saving differently and now i need to rewrite a bunch of code for it

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i don't write any code for the switch, i just play all the games on it so i don't care about that, hth op

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Riven posted:

Its a alot faster to glance at something that’s basically in your peripheral vision and keep the tv in your peripheral vision than to completely cover what’s happening and then reveal it with two button presses.

I'm curious as to how you played Splatoon 1 (or games in general), because I tend to have my controllers at torso level when I play, well out of my periphery.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Takoluka posted:

I'm curious as to how you played Splatoon 1 (or games in general), because I tend to have my controllers at torso level when I play, well out of my periphery.

Is your TV on the ceiling?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Unless you're using your controllers as a bra it's not more than a flick of the eyes or a tilt of the deck to see a screen in your hand.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

now i am very curious how y'all hold your controllers because it is never anywhere near my periphery

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

An Actual Princess posted:

now i am very curious how y'all hold your controllers because it is never anywhere near my periphery

If I sit straight up and keep my hands as close to my stomach as possible they are just barely outside my peripheral vision when looking at a screen. If I slouch at all like I would on a couch it's basically impossible to get my hands outside of my periphery when looking at a TV.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/draculavoice/status/1379086438466256897

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i, personally, could not care less how anyone holds a controller

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i, personally, could not care less how anyone holds a controller
Thanks for the update.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Takoluka posted:

with my hands, wise guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How Come this dock says whee.