Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah it's annoying, how's everyone's day been otherwise? I got a busy as gently caress weekend coming up cause of Minifauxnen's birthday. On Saturday I'm taking her to the cat cafe cause she's finally old enough to be allowed in, then on Sunday we got the actual party at the trampoline/laser tag/ninja place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My day is going poorly because someone sandbagged me

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

GM VOICE: I agree that OMGVBFLOL's behavior is obnoxious (as he is presumably an adult human in at least his 30s, based on his registration date, my official ruling is "Congratulations on finding a loophole in a rule in an internet forum game to grab onto to make other adult humans have a worse time! You are truly living your best life, my dude!"), but after conferring with SA-mafia veteran spectators I have decided to just continue to wait rather than change the rules again mid-game. This statement has absolutely no relationship to OMGVBFLOL's alignment, nor any other player's alignment in this game, nor indeed anything about the game at all. I believe the rule change that I've already made will avert any further anti-fun shenanigans from 4pm EDT tomorrow onwards.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ive pretty much guaranteed i'm the next to die, right? or should i keep going

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Stop being an rear end in a top hat and loving vote. Like what are you even doing. Why did you sign up to play this game if you were going to act like this

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

No, I think you are misguided, not scum. I am not going to vote you I will however not sign up with games that you are in in the future.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Grandicap posted:

No, I think you are misguided, not scum. I am not going to vote you I will however not sign up with games that you are in in the future.
yeah same

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rule 1 should always be don't be a dick. Why are you being a dick?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

grand and GDE, which part of your claim is the lie hidden in the bigger truth?

##vote GDE
##nightfall

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

All players cease posting. I will deliver the flip soon however I have had a few beers and am phoneposting so I need a minute lol

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Just as the journalists predicted, and indeed thanks to their clout-chasing - a self-fulfilling prophecy endemic to media under late capitalism if ever there was one - twitter lost its poo poo. The usual media personalities wasted no time transmogrifying the abject destruction of tropical forests into banal DiScOuRsE about cancel culture and wokeness. Ultimately, some voices on the Extremely Online Left converged on the view that US-based environmental non-profits were in fact driving, rather than addressing, irreversible climate catastrophe. These global behemoths, they contended, had directed tropical forest conservation policy in the global South for far too long, with no accountability to the communities most affected. With a mix of cynical and sincere motives, the politicians, community representatives, and journalists present in the heated room in Nueva Esperanza latched onto this idea. They had a compelling justification: surely, folks with the most at stake should have the greatest voice in the matters that affect them, right? The deliberations were tense, complete with one very long and awkward silence as the participants waited for an overdue coffee break. The attendees griped for a bit, understandably: after all, you can’t root out evil-doers without Certified Organic Net-Zero CoffeeⓇ. Eventually, though, the folks in the room overwhelmingly agreed: that big, corrupt, charismatic panda has got to go!

Opopanax has been removed from the game! Opopanax was:

The US-BASED ENVIRONMENTAL NON-PROFIT! Your alignment is TOWN/FOREST PROTECTOR

VICTORY CONDITION: You win when all threats to town are eliminated. You have a bloated big budget, and your board is every year more densely populated with corporate assholes. The truth is, no one wins when they deal with your big bumbling brand of liberal environmentalism. But for folks who don’t want to see the world’s tropical forests sold off to extractive industries, tough luck! Your massive financial clout and networks of political influence make you impossible to get rid of, and in many places, you’re the only game in town! That doesn’t mean you know what you’re doing, or even really have much of an understanding of how your actions impact the world around you.

PASSIVE: Each night phase, the first night action that targets you will automatically be redirected to a new target that is chosen at random (the new target will not be yourself nor the player that initiated the night action). You will be told the name of the player that targeted you. You will not be told the effect of the action that targeted you, nor will you be told the identity of the redirected target. This power cannot be blocked or deactivated by other powers.

shwinnebego fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 27, 2022

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Night 1 begins! Please submit your night actions by 10pm EDT on Thursday, May 26th

(Special thanks to Shellception for making this and all future banners!)

shwinnebego fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 26, 2022

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

In the country's coastal capital, folks were feeling the reverberations of destruction at the forest frontier. Lotus Aura had worked at the docks since they were 16 years old, and had always understood the power of a good union.

When workers in the city first heard news of the spike in deforestation in the far-away tropical periphery of their country, reactions were mixed. On the one hand, many workers in Lotus's union were distraught to hear that the beauty and bounty of the forest was at risk. For some it was personal, as they had migrated to the city from the jungle to find work. On the other hand, thousands of working people had just watched the president of the country speaking on television. He declared that without allowing foreign companies into the country, it would be impossible to develop, to grow the country’s wealth, and increase the prosperity of all citizens. This was an appealing idea to some urban workers - after all, why shouldn’t we benefit from the oil and land wealth in the tropical forests? Why leave it all in the ground where it wasn’t doing anyone any good? You can sell soy and beef for a hell of a lot more than standing trees and living toucans, after all.

Lotus Aura knew that this was total horseshit. They understood from a young age that the though the forest was far from the city, its fate was intimately tied to the destiny of urban workers. They organized. They had spent the last three days furiously running meetings, bringing people together, and holding union teach-ins about solidarity with forest protectors.

And tonight, the workers were ready: they were going to stage a SOLIDARITY STRIKE. But tragedy was afoot. The corporate entities that stand to profit from the destruction of tropical forests knew perfectly well that the organized labor was just too great a buzz-kill to allow at their orgy of rapacious ecocide. A bit of surveillance revealed to them the identity of the uppity labor leader who needed to get got. An explosion rang out at night from the residential area, and cries echoed throughout the concrete jungle. The workers held a vigil to aver that Lotus's memory would be a blessing; but today, urban labor would not be uniting with the cause of forest

LOTUS AURA WAS REMOVED FROM THE GAME.

You are the URBAN WORKER. Your alignment is TOWN/FOREST PROTECTOR

VICTORY CONDITION: You win when all threats to town are eliminated

You may not live in the forest, but you know that your class interest lies in its protection. Our fates are all intertwined and you know it!

POWER: Solidarity strike! Once per game you may deploy a vigilante kill. You can deploy it during the day, in which case the result will be returned at dusk. You alternatively deploy it at night, in which case the result will be returned at dawn.

shwinnebego fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 27, 2022

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PRESS RELEASE:

INPE imaging indicates active deforestation in the vicinity of Hal Insandenza.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (11): AnonymousNarcotics, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, girl dick energy, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, OMGVBFLOL, PlasticAutomaton, SporkChan, tpink

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 28th, 2022 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

Ignore the above "X votes to hammer." This is a plurality game. At deadline, the player with the most votes will be removed from the game. Ties will be resolved by longest held last vote (LHLV)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Day 2 has begun! Deadline is at 4pm EDT on Saturday, May 28th

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
You guys suck

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hm Opop wants to vote the person who if they get no votes becomes confirmed town "bc it would be funny" and also results on them will be "odd" this seems too scummy to be scum if there is such a thing

##vote opop
I'd love to know what this was supposed to mean.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I feel like they want this but also they had that really weird post before they started being an rear end.

##vote: OMG

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What kind of forest hater kills Lotus Aura?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

You guys suck

Why?

You know who sucks? The St. Louis Blues

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I feel like they want this but also they had that really weird post before they started being an rear end.

Feels like a trap

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

PlasticAutomaton posted:

##vote Plastic

Seems like low hanging fruit.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, the plan worked, both GDE and I are now 100% town aligned and in a confirmed masonry.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Grandicap posted:

Also, the plan worked, both GDE and I are now 100% town aligned and in a confirmed masonry.

yes and i am scum

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yes and i am scum

Press X to doubt.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

girl dick energy posted:

I'd love to know what this was supposed to mean.

What do you mean? I was saying his behavior was scummy 🤔

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

omg i forgot my gimmick

a doyyyyyyyyy

anyway so like

you said he was like

too scummy to be scum

but voted him anyways?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

Woooo!

Grandicap posted:

##vote Plastic

Seems like low hanging fruit.

Do people on BNR actually use jesters

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Bifauxnen posted:

Do people on BNR actually use jesters

I dunno, but OMG is certainly acting like a Jester.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Grandicap posted:

I don't know how that's possible, didn't GDE get a vote? OMG voted her at hammer (or it didn't count due to thunderdome is a possibility I didn't consider until just now).

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I don't know how that's possible, didn't GDE get a vote? OMG voted her at hammer (or it didn't count due to thunderdome is a possibility I didn't consider until just now).

shwinnebego posted:

GM VOICE: BIF HAS THUNDERDOMED OPOP. THEY ARE NOW THE ONLY VALID VOTE TARGETS DAY 1

Pretty sure it didn't count.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

You guys suck

Your party house not have much of a party last night?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I haven't played with OMG, are they usually like this if anyone's played with them before?

SporkChan posted:

Pretty sure it didn't count.

Ah okay I was all kinds of hosed up about D1 (I didn't realize the votes on Opop would still count, I thought nightfall would be like a do over/skip to night and D2 so I was shocked he was flipped.) It was still the right choice between the two, just caught me off guard.

Grandi, GDE and Bif as town is a good start (Bif not confirmed but think her action was protown)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

girl dick energy posted:

omg i forgot my gimmick

a doyyyyyyyyy

anyway so like

you said he was like

too scummy to be scum

but voted him anyways?

I don't believe that too scummy to be scum is a thing. I was saying he was scummy and that's why I voted him. Sorry if my wording was weird or confusing.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Maerlyn posted:

Ah okay I was all kinds of hosed up about D1 (I didn't realize the votes on Opop would still count, I thought nightfall would be like a do over/skip to night and D2 so I was shocked he was flipped.) It was still the right choice between the two, just caught me off guard.

Wtf this makes no sense unless you just didn't read shwinn's posts. What did you think the thunderdome was then?!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

Yeah, it didn't count because of the thunderdome.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wtf this makes no sense unless you just didn't read shwinn's posts. What did you think the thunderdome was then?!

I might have taken Grandi's post a little too literally because it read like A SINGLE VOTE would prevent GDE at least from being added to the masonry.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Oh Hal did anything happen to you last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

I might have taken Grandi's post a little too literally because it read like A SINGLE VOTE would prevent GDE at least from being added to the masonry.

That is accurate. If either of us had any votes on us at the end of d1, we would not be town. If all of us weren't town, there would be no masonry.
Thunderdome forced the issue, so no votes on anyone but Bif and Opop counted. So there were technically no votes on me or GDE even though OMG voted GDE at EOD like a dick.