Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, ive been lookin to move for a while but havent found anywhere even close

i moved in right before the roni and he hasnt raised the rent a single time yet. will prolly just endure the racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
landlord probably paid $75k for a triplex back in the 60s

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
redfin says he paid 1.2 million, so think about that rental yield

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SmokaDustbowl posted:

riots in calgary tonight over that overturned goal

clear kick. good call

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

clear kick. good call

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

DELETE CASCADE posted:

alright that's it you've crossed the line. i'm down with the figgieland peeps lingo, your posts are good and i like you etc, poo poo i'm even willing to believe that you might crack that cryptography problem that i'll never understand. but i refuse to believe that there is still $1200/mo rent in the bay area that isn't so awful you would actually consider living in it

so SF rental laws are a legal minefield for landlords and you'll find some people like bobs dude who get super uptight about who they rent to. All their investment is in land prices appreciating, rent is just a nice bonus so if they get someone they trust they just do whatever.

also there's rent control, but those are usually really poorly taken care of.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

glad the oilers won because otherwise my coworkers in calgary would be insufferable to us vancouver people for the next six weeks

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
CJS: I spent 7.5 hours today making a system state simulator so I could figure out a bug. The fix was a single line. :v:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

graph posted:

god drat what a series

give me oilers avs

Um, you're a mod; just give yourself oilers avs :rolleye:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

CPColin posted:

Um, you're a mod; just give yourself oilers avs :rolleye:

yeah. mods rake it in so graph should be able to afford the $5 easily

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

kd it's almost midnight man, this sounds like it sucks real bad and you should take a break

if i were in your shoes i would absolutely not be able to take a break either, but i'd regret it in the morning

break good. just going to start a new project and copy stuff over + rewrite tests. should take less than an hour.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

two of the iOS devs just announced they got siqq gigs at Google and are now going to make twice and 3x what they were making, but both are moving to NYC or Cali to take the gig

proud of em :3:

nice I have one of those coming up. could you ask what their interviews covered for me?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

KidDynamite posted:

break good. just going to start a new project and copy stuff over + rewrite tests. should take less than an hour.

why not just erase .git/ and reinitialize?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

actually i passed both i just failed my english literature gcse (not as important as these 2)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol inflation in the uk is 9% so the university administration's current pay raise offer is .... 3%. lol. lmao .

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Stringent posted:

why not just erase .git/ and reinitialize?

coworker said he would look at it with me this am so the new project is a hedge in case we get stuck. i also think this has to do with me sticking the project in an empty workspace that wasn’t tracked by git.

i’m back to where i was before disaster. debating adding ui tests. i feel like unit testing the view model and networking service should be enough but i never know what people want or expect.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im Poastin' while i wait for an SDK to reinstall

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh wait i get paid this week Epic

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

nice I have one of those coming up. could you ask what their interviews covered for me?

for sure!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KidDynamite posted:

coworker said he would look at it with me this am so the new project is a hedge in case we get stuck. i also think this has to do with me sticking the project in an empty workspace that wasn’t tracked by git.

i’m back to where i was before disaster. debating adding ui tests. i feel like unit testing the view model and networking service should be enough but i never know what people want or expect.

If you have experience using Selenium or the iOS automator it’d probably be a good idea just for the extra flex, but not having it wouldn’t hurt I’d imagine

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/duckduckgo-in-hot-water-over-hidden-tracking-agreement-with-microsoft

gently caress a browser, they're all liars and cheats

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
More like FuckFuckStop :xd:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

i use firefox with ddg search because i like the ! operators

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

Same. It seems the tracker bruhaha only happens on the DDG app, but still pretty lovely to sell yourself on privacy and then backpedal to pedantic "we never promised anything like this"

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Armitag3 posted:

Same. It seems the tracker bruhaha only happens on the DDG app, but still pretty lovely to sell yourself on privacy and then backpedal to pedantic "we never promised anything like this"

absolutely, it's a big error for their "brand" since privacy is all their brand is

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i've been using bing a ton lately because i guess i am in some a/b testing group on google where it is extremely loving terrible for me

like, google for "thing", click first result, ctrl-f to find "thing" in page: Phrase not found

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
bing up your rear end

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bing works fine imo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

bing up your rear end

daily

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

i've been using bing a ton lately because i guess i am in some a/b testing group on google where it is extremely loving terrible for me

like, google for "thing", click first result, ctrl-f to find "thing" in page: Phrase not found

everyone is in this group because google search is loving garbage now

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If it's good enough for Lapsu$ then its good enough for me

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ddg's image search sucks rear end though

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

principal engineer put in his resignation. lol.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rippittsburgh

Tori they blaming this on antifa or crt yet?

e: lol at the image opto query params for this

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I remember when Google added "does everybody loving hate your site" to its algorithm and Experts Exchange lost like 80% of its search engine traffic lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

CPColin posted:

I remember when Google added "does everybody loving hate your site" to its algorithm and Experts Exchange lost like 80% of its search engine traffic lol

lmao

they must have taken this out given that 80% of searches i make return content-farm articles