Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
America is getting really weird and gross and I’m just wondering if there’s any actual way to get out of here for the average person beyond the usual “im moving to canada if thing I don’t like happens” rhetoric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Jump the South border. If we can't keep them out they can't keep you in

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
Probably short training science and medicine careers and an ear to the ground towards other countries who have a need for them. I think NZ has many openings atm

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

Probably short training science and medicine careers and an ear to the ground towards other countries who have a need for them. I think NZ has many openings atm

Yeah I’m a loving retard who works with his hands and might end up as a project manager in the best case scenario so that’s probably a no go.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you're white I heard it's pretty easy to move to China

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just go be a cocaine mule in mexico OP

the coke is good

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

if you’re a not completely idiotic computer toucher there are tons of plans that will embrace you. except you might find many places are bad in ways that are less bad in america. :911:

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Vegetable posted:

if you’re a not completely idiotic computer toucher there are tons of plans that will embrace you. except you might find many places are bad in ways that are less bad in america. :911:

Why are these alternative places bad

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ellasmith posted:

Because the good places don't really want unskilled immigration from America? How is that hard to understand?

You can try the Netherlands if you have 5000 spare Euros

https://dutchamericanfriendship.com/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If you happen to be of Jewish descent you can get here to Israel easily. The bad news Is you'll be in Israel and I don't recommend that.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Nirvikalpa posted:

Because the good places don't really want unskilled immigration from America? How is that hard to understand?

You can try the Netherlands if you have 5000 spare Euros

https://dutchamericanfriendship.com/

I asked why are they bad not why don’t they want me

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ellasmith posted:

I asked why are they bad not why don’t they want me

Oh sorry I misread. There's plenty of developing countries that will accept Americans. That's not everyone's cup of tea, but if it agrees with you then go for it. Like I heard it's very easy to move to China if you are white

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Join the navy.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Nirvikalpa posted:

Oh sorry I misread. There's plenty of developing countries that will accept Americans. That's not everyone's cup of tea, but if it agrees with you then go for it. Like I heard it's very easy to move to China if you are white

Can you just like show up to these poor countries and they’ll be ok with it?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

ellasmith posted:

Can you just like show up to these poor countries and they’ll be ok with it?

No you’ll generally need a visa to stay in a country you’re not a citizen of, but typically the richer your country is compared to the place you want to go, the easier it is to get one.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my escape plan is to overdose on lsd.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ellasmith posted:

many places are openly corrupt or violent in ways that you might see only in the shittiest parts of the US. or it’s something more benign like the food options are super limited.

on balance i think americans would benefit from the perspective of living for a while in just about any other country. but moving permanently? there are some real poo poo places out there

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

go live in the woods, op. deep, deep in the woods.

if you get a job in the eu someone can sponsor you for temp citizenship and then you can work towards perm, i guess

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Use your erotic ways to capture the heart of an EU citizen and then move there or idk

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
You can audition for 90 Day Fiance, that seems to be a way to get out of the US.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Yeah, the writing's on the walls. It might be time to look into it. I have a brother in Berlin and my Mom works for a UK company so I'm set for at least 3 months if things get really bad.

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 28, 2022

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Start with what you don't like about your current location and what you hope will improve by moving, op

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Nirvikalpa posted:

It's pretty much impossible to actually immigrate to China. Sure you can work there for an allotted period of time, but you'll never, ever be a citizen. And considering how OP is pretty clearly concerned with the USA's current moral/ethical trajectory, I don't think moving to a country with vastly greater financial inequality and currently engaged in cultural genocide would solve their problems.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

other people posted:

Join the navy.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
a body bag

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Maybe there are still some nice areas to settle on the moon? I don’t think there’s any Wendy’s there yet tho

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ive had this feeling that its the american mythology of the founding fathers and the war of independence and an extrapolation of all these might makes right generations make for generation of violent people, ie a nation under constant war

while i think a country built on continued violence isnt healthy it doesnt described the kind of violence i see

this is internal violence.

i propose two suggestions for your sick country that i love so much

1) federal mandatory universal healthcare for all states

2) be more inclusive

the first one just needs people to actually look at the rest of the world and vote in their best interest and the second one i dunno, racism gonna happen but america is supposed to be a melting pot. thats in the texts you read as a kid.

im not gonna type too much more, everyone has a reaction to whats going on right now. its insane that people have decided that they want to create more and more lines after COVID.

there are bad people out there, but generally

were all in this together

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wonder the same thing OP. I even work in a hotel at the moment so seems like maybe it wouldn't be the hardest thing to find a hotel in another country that needs someone to run the front desk... America kind of sucks...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I have a guest bedroom up here in Canada.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

go live in the woods, op. deep, deep in the woods.

OP doesn't seem like the Dick Proenneke type. More of a Chris McCandless, dying in the woods not knowing the first thing about how to survive.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I was gonna take the piss but I'm actually curious about this -
Isn'tTHE USA pretty big and diverse in alot of aspects? Would living in a different bit of it help?

mudskipp fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 28, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

america is a continent :smug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

how about we figure out how 50 states figure out different laws for things that the rest of the developed world has already figured out, then all get together and jack off about their differences in congress

how about you just copy and paste canadian laws and turn it in, its gonna be close enough

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 28, 2022

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

numberoneposter posted:

america is a continent :smug:

I've got no idea what you're talking about

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

mudskipp posted:

I've got no idea what you're talking about
take your pick.

north or south.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

moving to china is a non starter because with covid restrictions they aren’t letting any foreigners in at all, and they don’t look like lifting those restrictions anytime soon. also china, as a very large and vastly unequal country, has a lot of the same shittiness that the us has

do you have a degree op? in many countries that is enough of a qualification to teach english. i did that in order to escape the UK lol. lots of options in asia and eastern europe

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Yeah the other countries don't really wanna deal with America's problems anymore and have all agreed to ban American immigrants, but there is a way to get around it.

If you dig a hole straight down, you'll eventually emerge in China due to the Earth's curvature and then you can live there and there is really nothing they can do about it

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i have lived many years in two different non US countries, basically my whole adult life, and the simultaneously easiest and hardest way is to fall in love with somebody from a place. That first step is the hard part.

But once the in love part is in place (and you've spent enough time together to prove the relationship) the immigration process will be the easiest compared to like, skilled worker shortage visas or temporary permits with some slim chance of turning permanent or a company sponsoring you or whatever other visa you might be eligible for. relationships are straightforward to prove and tend to get processed fast.

I feel you completely and I'm sorry its like this but if it was easy more people would do it - most US emigrants i've met are either rich and work for some intl finance or tech company or the government, or they were moved as kids by their parents who were rich or worked for similar. A LDR might be your best bet

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Buy a rowboat, OP. Row it to a country you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
You can be my mail order bride op

Warning: i snore and my country gets zero sunlight